Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Can't get Chumba Wumba badge

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
Hello. I was trying to get the Chumba Wumba badge on my Privateer, L50. Previously, I had defeated Chumba Wumba 2/3. I defeated him twice yesterday, and the badge still says 2/3.

Just thought I'd let you know!

Community Leader
BrynnerOfReign on Dec 16, 2012 wrote:
Hello. I was trying to get the Chumba Wumba badge on my Privateer, L50. Previously, I had defeated Chumba Wumba 2/3. I defeated him twice yesterday, and the badge still says 2/3.

Just thought I'd let you know!
I had this exact same issue on my lvl 11 Witchdoctor.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
I think you need to defeat him 3 times in a single battle.

Ensign
Dec 13, 2009
Try defeating him 3 times in the same fight - just don't destroy his totems until you've beaten him 3 times. That's how I got the badge.

Community Leader
This wont help my friend QueQueg but i've learned when tackling this guy, just kill him twice before you take out the totems, and you'll get credit for 3 defeats.... (3rd defeat being destroying totems) instant Tubthumper badge!!!

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Mar 02, 2009
Is this going to be fixed in the near future? I really want to buy Oingo Boingo as my first mate.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
Talkin The Plank on Dec 17, 2012 wrote:
I had this exact same issue on my lvl 11 Witchdoctor.
I know when fixes are added to the game, sometimes something else gets messed up a bit.

I'm trying to complete all the badges, so I'll work on the others, and check and see if any of those might be bugged as well.

At least I'm not the only one!

Dead-eye Devin Devereaux, Privateer L50
Inky India Innsbrook, Musketeer L50
Lazy Lenora Leech, Buccaneer L50

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
Dr Zeppers on Dec 17, 2012 wrote:
This wont help my friend QueQueg but i've learned when tackling this guy, just kill him twice before you take out the totems, and you'll get credit for 3 defeats.... (3rd defeat being destroying totems) instant Tubthumper badge!!!
Actually, in both the battles I did, Chumba was defeated no less than 4 times before I had a chance to destroy the totems. Wagyu and Keisuke went to town on him every time he appeared (that was fun to watch).

I'll try it again, and try to rein in the "boys" so they don't pummel Chumba so much.

Ensign
May 01, 2010
I just tried to get this badge last night on my Lv 50 Witchdoctor and knocked Chumba Down 6 times before I destroyed the totems and did not get the badge.

Any word on if it is bugged?

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
anubis1179 on Dec 21, 2012 wrote:
I just tried to get this badge last night on my Lv 50 Witchdoctor and knocked Chumba Down 6 times before I destroyed the totems and did not get the badge.

Any word on if it is bugged?
I haven't received a response yet. I've tried several variations with Chumba Wumba, but have yet to complete the badge.

Ensign
Jan 26, 2011
I had the same problem. I hope this gets fixed soon.

Ensign
Jan 04, 2010
Well, I just tried to get the badge today with my lvl 41 witchdoctor and still won't give me credit for the 3rd time.

I even entered the dungeon 3 times in a row just to see if it was a timed thing.

KI, if you are monitoring these boards... You have a glitch with this badge! I look forward to it getting fixed sometime soon.

Administrator
Hello! We have reviewed this badge, and it is currently broken. We'll be working on fixing this with the next major update to the game.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
One-Eyed Jack on Jan 3, 2013 wrote:
Hello! We have reviewed this badge, and it is currently broken. We'll be working on fixing this with the next major update to the game.
Thanks! I noticed that broken badge, too. Can't wait to see my Hoku badge when it's fixed!

Petty Officer
Feb 24, 2012
Ensign
Jul 18, 2010
Wow i am so glad i'm not the only one having this problem. The only difference for me is that i don't even have the choice to get the badge because iI don't even have tubthumper availability in the badges, meaning that it's not even there.

Musketeer Fan #1

Ensign
Aug 08, 2012
One-Eyed Jack on Jan 3, 2013 wrote:
I hope it gets fixed soon i have been waiting forever!

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
I want it fixed and the next major update should be a world and that must mean it could be on the test soon.

Ensign
Jul 13, 2009
still cannot get the chumba wumba badge. so sad. I have tried several approaches and none worked. Wonder if i had looked at this badge when I 'first' did chumba wumba maybe I would have gotten him. Pretty Please let us know when the badge bugs get fixed. Thanks, Zenobia.