Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

quest arrow bug

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 07, 2009
i am doing the gravestone quest in gunns gold quest line and the quest arrow is pointing in a way i can't go .it is pointing to the upper left hand and i can't interact with anything.

Ensign
Nov 15, 2010
It is not just that quest. I have notice that for many quest the arrows seem to be pointing in the wrong direction. This has made a few quest are now almost impossible to complete as they also lack a mark on the map.

These are among the quest that have malfunctioning quest arrows:
"Wake the Dead"
"The Mooshu Falcon"
"The Rat Race"-This one is among those missing a mark on the map for the Summer Rental

Lieutenant
Feb 01, 2011
I'm currently in Port Regal, and the quest arrow never seems to point at my quests. I've received the quest to go to Fort Elena, but I'm trying to clean up some side-quests. I think the arrow keeps pointing to Elena, even though that's not the quest I have selected. The numbers on the arrow seem to be accurate, so I just move around the map, watching to see the numbers decrease until I reach whoever I need to contact. Kind of annoying, really.

Administrator
Hi. We're trying to track down the source of the quest arrow problem that you're experiencing. If anyone can post concerning what happened just before the quest arrow started pointing in the wrong direction, that would be very helpful! Any further information you can supply is appreciated! Thank you!

As a side note, one player suggested that defragmenting his hard drive helped clear up the issue, but we haven't been able to verify that might help remedy the situation.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Petty Officer
Feb 24, 2012
Yarr, same problem this day, sailin' on promotion fer guinea pig companion,

drove me bonkers lookin' fer all th' speak to people, 'tis seemed only after th' update last nightfall

Ensign
Nov 15, 2010
I don't know about defragmenting the hard drive but at some point after logging out and shutting my computer down point the arrow began working properly again.