Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Purple names?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 01, 2010
Did not see this in the patch notes any where, but I have been seeing MOBs with purple names.

Ensign
Oct 01, 2010
I actually noticed that when I first got to Monquista yesterday. Same when sailing through the Stormway to Monquista (which I noticed has similar background music to Celestia in Wizard101). I think they are enemies who are higher rank than those with red names meaning "stronger than you." Hopefully, someone will reply here to give more detail about these "purple named" enemies within Pirate101.

See ye all in the Spiral and Skyways:
Pirate101: Humble Jack Jackson, lvl 14 Buccaneer
Wizard101: Paul Legenddreamer, lvl 79 death
Jack Legenddreamer, lvl 53 balance
Aedan Legenddreamer, lvl 37 fire

Administrator
Whoops! It appears we’ve bruised the egos of a few NPCs in The Spiral, and now they are displaying purple names! Unfortunately this is a bug that came to light during our recent update. We’ll be sure to fix it in the next major update to the game since we know it makes it hard to judge the difficulty of the enemy.

Thanks for your patience and sorry for the confusion.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
One-Eyed Jack on Dec 13, 2012 wrote:
Whoops! It appears we’ve bruised the egos of a few NPCs in The Spiral, and now they are displaying purple names! Unfortunately this is a bug that came to light during our recent update. We’ll be sure to fix it in the next major update to the game since we know it makes it hard to judge the difficulty of the enemy.

Thanks for your patience and sorry for the confusion.
ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe this hahahahaha, one eyed jack, how did you and hahahahaha the developers, LOL make this funny mistake? HAHAHAHAHAHA, sorry for laughing it was just so funny that you and the others make this funny little mistake, HA ha ha ha ha ha (breaths in and out). Again, sorry for laughing, I hope all is forgiven.

Ensign
Mar 02, 2009
The treants in Mooshu near lake of the rising sun also have purple names.