Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Gardening & Crafting

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Apr 04, 2011
KI, when are you ever going to add garden and crafting features?

Also, tell me you opinion on this.

Brave Jonathan level 24

Ensign
Oct 01, 2010
Finally! Someone other than me interested in seeing gardening in the game. I got 2 people who already said that it doesn't sound pirate like, but seriously why not gardening? Thank you loverboyxl for finally being someone other than me interested to seeing gardening come later to Pirate101. They could total try and have some pirate themed plants for gardening, that would make good since to the Pirate101 world.

See ye all in the Spiral and Skyways:
Pirate101: Humble Jack Jackson, lvl 13 Buccaneer
Wizard101: Paul Legenddreamer, lvl 79 death
Jack Legenddreamer, lvl 53 balance
Aedan Legenddreamer, lvl 37 fire

Community Leader
theprivateers on Dec 5, 2012 wrote:
KI, when are you ever going to add garden and crafting features?

Also, tell me you opinion on this.

Brave Jonathan level 24
Gardening I don't think they will implement. I could be wrong, but it doesn't seem to fit the game very well. Crafting could work if they implement it the same time they expand the mechanical bird storyline from Valencia. As some people have suggested, it might be fun to tinker our own pets/weapons/companions/ships.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Ensign
Nov 26, 2012
I fail to see how gardening would be a good thing to add to the game. When I think about pirates I don't really think about gardening, and I am just being honest here. It wouldn't fit well with the plot of the game.. Pirates just don't garden.

Captain
May 02, 2009
I like the 'tinkering' idea but like Talkin the Plank said, gardening doesn't fit the pirate theme, so instead of gardening how about fishing?

Ensign
Jan 05, 2010
I don't prefer to see gardening in pirate101

Careless Chris Eastwick

Petty Officer
Feb 10, 2011
I would prefer they don't add gardening to the game, at all, in any way, shape or form. Pirates don't garden!

But crafting (which I'm not a big fan of either, just don't hate it as much as gardening), if it does come shouldn't be called "crafting." Call it something like "Alchemy" or "Smithing" or anything that would continue to keep W101 and P101 separate.

Ensign
May 13, 2011
coolster50 on Dec 5, 2012 wrote:
I like the 'tinkering' idea but like Talkin the Plank said, gardening doesn't fit the pirate theme, so instead of gardening how about fishing?
Yeah! you could get stuff like clothes and companion training points!

Ensign
May 28, 2009
Not sure if gardening matches a pirate game, but I'm all for crafting. This time, however, it might be better to give the craftable gear more punch. On wizard, I didn't make much gear because I usually had better stuff on when I came across the crafting teachers.

Petty Officer
Apr 04, 2011
coolster50 on Dec 5, 2012 wrote:
I can't believe that NONE of you want o see gardening in the game!

But, if you think about it, fishing does seem to be a good idea...

Brave Jonathan level 36

Petty Officer
Feb 10, 2011
theprivateers on Dec 29, 2012 wrote:
I can't believe that NONE of you want o see gardening in the game!

But, if you think about it, fishing does seem to be a good idea...

Brave Jonathan level 36
We're Pirates, Pirates don't garden.

I could see fishing since a Pirate and his crew have to eat, but can't imagine any self-respecting Pirate wanting to take up gardening

Petty Officer
Sep 18, 2009
I love gardening in WIzard101, so I truly hate to admit that I don't think it would fit in Pirate101. Iron hooks and green thumbs aren't on as good of terms as you may wish. The games are meant to be loosely linked, not fully cloned. I have always wanted fishing though, so I think that would be a better fit should KI decide that the game needs more filler material. Crafting would fit in any game. Anyone who travels a lot, such as pirates, needs the know how to cobble stuff together in an emergency, at least until they hit the next port, so being able to make other stuff isn't much of a stretch.

Community Leader
I cannot wait till we can garden. Though I think fishing would be more for Pirates? Sky fishing? Crafting is one thing I am looking forward too. I want to craft some rally cool furniture and ship parts.

Owner of Paige's Page Perilous Paige. "Honorary Black Cat of the entire Pirate 101 Fleet"
Ensign
Apr 21, 2012
Honestly, I wouldn't mind crafting just for furniture or housing items, if it doesn't take forever to get items. Gardening just NO! In Wizard101, I've garden for months on end trying to get the required amount of amber to do a spell card (yes, I've used every type of plant Wiki suggested) and still haven't got all the amber. Now, as far as crafting, I'm still trying to get that TC potent trap , whiched I've farmed and farmed till I'm sick of trying to get it and it's made that part of the game a pain. I say this cause I hope that Pirate101 does not take the Wizard101 route and keeps making the game enjoyable. Salty Seamus lvl 50 Privateer

Petty Officer
Apr 04, 2011
Paige MoonShade on Jan 2, 2013 wrote:
I cannot wait till we can garden. Though I think fishing would be more for Pirates? Sky fishing? Crafting is one thing I am looking forward too. I want to craft some rally cool furniture and ship parts.
well, sky fishing sounds better than regular fishing, but how do you think fishing would work?

Brave Jonathan level 46

Bosun
May 06, 2009
theprivateers on Jan 23, 2013 wrote:
well, sky fishing sounds better than regular fishing, but how do you think fishing would work?

Brave Jonathan level 46
A while ago I posted a conversation on Fishing and how it works. It got pushed down from all the active conversations but you should still be able to find it in the Shipyards. Just look for the title "Let's All Go Fishing!"

Cunning Finnigan Sharp
Level 17 Swashbuckler

Lieutenant
Apr 23, 2010
Talkin The Plank on Dec 5, 2012 wrote:
Gardening I don't think they will implement. I could be wrong, but it doesn't seem to fit the game very well. Crafting could work if they implement it the same time they expand the mechanical bird storyline from Valencia. As some people have suggested, it might be fun to tinker our own pets/weapons/companions/ships.
I would love to be able to build my own ships and ship equipment in my own design.

Petty Officer
Apr 04, 2011
wiz11110 on Jan 24, 2013 wrote:
I would love to be able to build my own ships and ship equipment in my own design.
maybe ships like the wapoini's?

Ensign
Aug 18, 2011
xboyisamonster on Dec 5, 2012 wrote:
I fail to see how gardening would be a good thing to add to the game. When I think about pirates I don't really think about gardening, and I am just being honest here. It wouldn't fit well with the plot of the game.. Pirates just don't garden.
Agreed, when I think of pirates.. I think of plundering not gardening.

I say keep the gardening on wizard101, but I wouldn't mind being able to craft things.