Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Why bother now

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 19, 2011
I keep trying to reach the sewer drains for Monquista City, but I'm always attacked by De Monte Ships. They are double my strength, and board my ship before I can burn my fuel and get away from them. This has made me so angry that I'm not going to bother playing my character until I can find a way to beat them.

Community Leader
Snintyeight on Nov 21, 2012 wrote:
I keep trying to reach the sewer drains for Monquista City, but I'm always attacked by De Monte Ships. They are double my strength, and board my ship before I can burn my fuel and get away from them. This has made me so angry that I'm not going to bother playing my character until I can find a way to beat them.
I don't recall having this issue, where I wasn't able to sneak past them. I don't remember exactly how they were placed, but have you tried approaching from the other direction? That may be obvious, but figured I'd throw it out there just in case! Also, what level is your ship?

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Bosun
May 10, 2010
You can always get around ships, try different directions and stay on the Windlane as long as possible. Also, if you need to, buy better ships with gold or farm for better ship equipment. Raise your nautical level by farming ships with friends.

You do NOT have to board ships to gain nautical level, so if you and a bunch of people or friends just shoot ships out of the sky, you can get good nautical experience and ship equipment drops.

Hope this helps!

Ensign
May 05, 2011
Snintyeight on Nov 21, 2012 wrote:
I suggest treat it like you would trying to avoid a fight on foot -- rather than sail direct, try taking a wide path around & hug the shoreline. A slower sail, I agree ... but think of the great photo-ops for your tourist passengers!

Ensign
Jul 01, 2010
i didn't find myself having this issue because I can avoid ships pretty easily.

What you want to do is give them a wide amount of room so you don't get provoked into battle.