Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Duck of Death bug?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 27, 2010
I've got the silver bullets, and completed every quest up to killing the duck of death. But he's still immune? I can't progress any further if I can't kill him. This is very frustrating and it makes me not want to play the game anymore.

Ensign
Aug 16, 2010
When I used the pedestal of water it seemed to give my companions and me a buff, we all had halos, and the duck took damage. I assume this gets rid of the duck's immunity. I defeated him in the cemetary with no problem, but there seems to be a bug when you move to his ship for the second part of the fight. After two rounds there is an error, and the program closes. Very frustrating When I logged on again, I was at the life fountain with no life and all of my companions dead. I had to start all over again with the cemetary. I logged in on another computer to see if the problem was with me or the program, and the same happened on the other machine. So, this has to be a bug. I hope it gets fixed this soon. It puts a halt on progressing in this area or out of it.

Petty Officer
Mar 18, 2009
onyxnoir on Nov 10, 2012 wrote:
I've got the silver bullets, and completed every quest up to killing the duck of death. But he's still immune? I can't progress any further if I can't kill him. This is very frustrating and it makes me not want to play the game anymore.
Did you interact with the basin before you started attacking him? The Free Ranger (and others) state this in the story text prior to the battle.

Ensign
Sep 01, 2011
Remember the clue about the fires...hope this helps,

Ensign
Sep 01, 2011
Sorry, didn't realize this was ur second encounter with the duck...the basin is the key here, u have to use it....

Ensign
Oct 18, 2010
Where is this pedestal of water? Or basin of water...I have looked everywhere on Boot Hill that I can get to and don't see it...what did I miss? I can't explore the cemetery at the top without getting pulled in...

Community Leader
FightingBear on Nov 27, 2012 wrote:
Where is this pedestal of water? Or basin of water...I have looked everywhere on Boot Hill that I can get to and don't see it...what did I miss? I can't explore the cemetery at the top without getting pulled in...
The basin is on the battleboard once you start the encounter. it should be around the bottom center of the map. So, to be clear, you have to start the fight with the Duck of Death, then send a character to interact with the basin during the fight before you can do any damage to the duck.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Community Leader
mythessence on Nov 12, 2012 wrote:
Remember the clue about the fires...hope this helps,
I thought this comment interesting.
The fires on the ship, when fighting the Duck of Death have never played a role in the battle for me or any of my friends. Matter of fact, they dont even display correctly, they appear to be glitched, and just put an eery red glow on the ships deck. That is the end of their role they had no effect on battle, do noone any damage, etc. Clue?

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Oct 18, 2010
OHHHH, thanks for clarifying that...wish me luck I am going to begin again!!! LOL

Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
FightingBear on Nov 28, 2012 wrote:
OHHHH, thanks for clarifying that...wish me luck I am going to begin again!!! LOL
Haha good luck, the fight is quite easy once the basin gets activated.

Dead-Eye Luke, Level 50