Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

pick what your pet does

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Sep 03, 2009
1 thing thing i hate about my pet is he attacks the target i'm about to double tap

i wish we could choose what it does

they do more bad than good sometimes

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
No, I like it as it is. I think the pet has been deliberately programmed to knock out those with the lowest health. That is perfect.

If the pet were just another companion that you could command, then, it really would not be considered a pet. I don't think.

Community Leader
zachshock on Nov 3, 2012 wrote:
1 thing thing i hate about my pet is he attacks the target i'm about to double tap

i wish we could choose what it does

they do more bad than good sometimes
Your pet goes last in a series of turns, and you cannot control double tap. Since you move before your pet, and you cant control double tap, I dont see how the pet can do what your referring to. I personally like how pets work. If your pet is finishing off bad guys, then your pet is doing a great job, id much rather my pet finish off a bad guy so I dont even have to concern myself with targeting or using an attack on them the next round.

We have the same amount of control over our pets as we do epic talents (ie double tap) , and I have found my pet to actually be more reliable when in the battle. I can literally look at the board and know what my pet is likely to do, and I work this into my strategy. The worst I have seen a pet do in battle is get in the way.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Community Leader
Dr Zeppers on Nov 3, 2012 wrote:
Your pet goes last in a series of turns, and you cannot control double tap. Since you move before your pet, and you cant control double tap, I dont see how the pet can do what your referring to. I personally like how pets work. If your pet is finishing off bad guys, then your pet is doing a great job, id much rather my pet finish off a bad guy so I dont even have to concern myself with targeting or using an attack on them the next round.

We have the same amount of control over our pets as we do epic talents (ie double tap) , and I have found my pet to actually be more reliable when in the battle. I can literally look at the board and know what my pet is likely to do, and I work this into my strategy. The worst I have seen a pet do in battle is get in the way.
I think what the OP was saying was that he was about to use a mob with only a tiny bit of life left to set up a double tap. Then, before the next turn, the pet kills the mob, meaning no double tap potential.

That being said, my pet has done more good than harm as far as knocking out stray mobs.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Petty Officer
Feb 24, 2012
wait till you meet stormzilla, you will hope that pet is around!

i like the pet around, i find it usually knocks a few health out of those scurvy dogs
also like the fact that it lvls on its own, just a few bits of gold i dont have to use. lol