Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Crab Hermit: Bugged Companion!

AuthorMessage
Developer
I know the Hermit is near and dear to you Ayreon (and to me as well).

Hopefully he's working better for you now, and I have a couple more things in store for him, yet.

He'll be pleasantly impacted by the changes to summoning, some upcoming changes to Buccaneers (he has heavy armor, after all...) and if not a promotion, at least some new epic choices.

I want him jazzed up so he can get more kills-- so we can watch him caper and prance with delight!

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
This crab hermit has indeed been 'fixed' as his range is now 2-3 squares.

Ensign
Dec 13, 2009
Ratbeard on Dec 15, 2012 wrote:
I know the Hermit is near and dear to you Ayreon (and to me as well).

Hopefully he's working better for you now, and I have a couple more things in store for him, yet.

He'll be pleasantly impacted by the changes to summoning, some upcoming changes to Buccaneers (he has heavy armor, after all...) and if not a promotion, at least some new epic choices.

I want him jazzed up so he can get more kills-- so we can watch him caper and prance with delight!
He does have an awesome dance, doesn't he? Honestly, since he's an armored companion, I'd have been fine if he was 1-range with his attack, if he'd been at least been able to move and attack same round. Just that, as he was, it was pretty difficult to make him be useful.

I definitely look forward to summon changes. I'd be happy with the summons even if they only got an increase in accuracy - my Hermit's crawlie misses almost every attack at my level (34 - and hermit is 28 or 30 I think).

Really though, my main concern is less the coolness of the companion and more the fact it cost me money. I have no qualms with buying something that I end up not liking as much as I'd thought I would. But I really get quickly annoyed when I buy something and it is broken. I'm not rich, and despite that I really spend a LOT more than I should on KI games, 'cause they are just so darned fun. I'm both looking forward to, and dreading, packs coming out in the crown shop for p101 - those are where I've spent the most in Wiz101, with many armor sets, pets, and mounts to show for them (more than I could ever ever use).

Thank you for this fix Ratbeard.