Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

PvP Order of Play

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
I sincerely hope that you do not let an entire side go first like you do in Wizard101. Instead, healing and buff spells should cast first, then ranged attacks (spells and gunfire), then movement. The closer you are to your target should determine the order of play. That is, someone chosing to move 4 spaces to attack should be made to move after a person selecting to move 3 spaces to attack, and a person firing 4 spaces distant should be a little slower than a person firing at point blank due to aiming and thinking time. When more than one player has the same movement, then whomever has the highest primary stat score should go first, if both are the same then it should be random. In terms of increased movement, how many spaces a player moves could be divided by their normal movement range so that if a player can only move 4 spaces and moves 4 it would be a tie in terms of who goes first if a player with a movement of 6 moves 6.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
I think PvP battles will play out similar to the way normal battles do. One side gives orders and performs them, then the next side gives orders and performs them. The reason why normal battles seem to flow straight on to the enemies turn is because the computer does not need time to think.

Someone will go first, but that won't be the huge advantage it was in Wizard. In fact, it may even be a disadvantage. But the whole idea of "going first" will not be much of an issue after the first turn. The only thing I can think of that may be an issue is when abilities (e.g. first strike, overwatch, vengeance etc) reset, since they only have a limited number of times they activate per turn.

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
KiwiChickenz on Oct 16, 2012 wrote:
I think PvP battles will play out similar to the way normal battles do. One side gives orders and performs them, then the next side gives orders and performs them. The reason why normal battles seem to flow straight on to the enemies turn is because the computer does not need time to think.

Someone will go first, but that won't be the huge advantage it was in Wizard. In fact, it may even be a disadvantage. But the whole idea of "going first" will not be much of an issue after the first turn. The only thing I can think of that may be an issue is when abilities (e.g. first strike, overwatch, vengeance etc) reset, since they only have a limited number of times they activate per turn.
The problem I see would be with barrage, a mass attack that has an infinite range and can be cast by every player on one side first turn.