Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Mounts for gold?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 06, 2011
In wizard101, you could buy a few of the permanent mounts in the crown shop for gold, like the black and white tiger, or the blue/red dragons. can pirate101 get a few of these? even if they are expensive, its always worth it, and I feel totally dependent on them for my wizard101 characters. Or will ki stick with crowns only mounts in Pirate101?

Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
While it would be nice for some mounts to be available for gold, they are just a convenience, not a necessity. You can play through the entire game without ever having a mount because all they allow you to do is move faster.

But who knows? Perhaps one day there will be mounts available for gold, but I doubt it will be any time soon.

Ensign
Dec 10, 2011
Very few specials are available in the crown shop right now because the game is so new. Part of that is that KI can make more money this way (this game is also a business and livelihood for the team). I guarantee they will add gold mounts down the line. Honestly the areas you travel across on foot aren't very big. In Wizard101 you had to go everywhere on foot. But with the zones being connected by the sky and ships, it kind of seems like a mount isn't necessary.

Ensign
Feb 13, 2009
Matheyu on Oct 18, 2012 wrote:
Very few specials are available in the crown shop right now because the game is so new. Part of that is that KI can make more money this way (this game is also a business and livelihood for the team). I guarantee they will add gold mounts down the line. Honestly the areas you travel across on foot aren't very big. In Wizard101 you had to go everywhere on foot. But with the zones being connected by the sky and ships, it kind of seems like a mount isn't necessary.
Still, it was always fun. I really hope they put in a few, obviously they would keep the new and best mounts crowns only, but I feel like we should have a few options, even if it would be members only. We are already paying for access to the game, it would be nice if we could have a bit more flexibility, but I guess that is how they make money.

Ensign
Oct 14, 2012
Considering the amount of traveling a character must do, a mount made available to everyone for gold would be a fantastic idea. You of course have to keep the exotic mounts for those willing to spend crowns, but there should be something available to everyone for gold as well.

Also the age of the game shouldn't play much of a part with what is available now. They've had years of trial and error with Wizard to know what does and doesn't work, and they could simply use what wizard has for gold as well in Pirates...

Petty Officer
Nov 15, 2012
i would like to see a Permanent Penguin mount that you can ride and it Waddles it wouldn't be Expensive 1000 gold.