Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Gortez - Gold Monkey still bugged

Yar matey, the topic 'Gortez - Gold Monkey still bugged' ye were attempting to leave yer mark on has been taken by Davey Jones himself.

If ya happen to be watching said topic it was sunk as well.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 16, 2010
I've made two attempts at fighting Gortez for the Gold Monkey and both times the game has frozen right after I activated all the totem statues. It makes the speech "The Aura, The Aura!" and that's it, it's toast after that. I've reported the bug, but thought I'd post here as well. I've tried going to the select pirate screen and re-entering but that kicks me right back to the start of the dungeon all over again. I have helped someone else with this battle prior to doing it myself. A couple of other oddities I noticed as well were that when I fought Ordaz he was only a wooden golem, not the normal picture. I also could not see the attacks and damage until after the fact when fighting him. Gortez was also a wooden Golem, but he never moved in the battle. And lastly, my little update icon in the upper left corner was constantly spinning trying to load Ratbeard. Ratbeard was one of my companions in the battle and was not impaired in anyway. Anyone else still having a problem with this battle after yesterday's update?

Ensign
Feb 16, 2010
As an update, the third time is the charm. The last time I went through, the "loading" icon did not get stuck and I was able to complete the dungeon. So what ever was preventing it from loading completely was evidently at fault. Hope that helps.