Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

"Double-click" not working to equip/un-equip.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 12, 2010
I just learned the "Equipment Tip" and it says to "double-click on an item" to equip it or to un-equip it. But that doesn't work. I have to single click on an item (like an outfit or a mount or a pet), then I have to single click on the "hand" icon at the bottom of the screen. That's the only way I can equip or un-equip items.

Petty Officer
Sep 18, 2009
AluraMist2 on Oct 8, 2012 wrote:
I just learned the "Equipment Tip" and it says to "double-click on an item" to equip it or to un-equip it. But that doesn't work. I have to single click on an item (like an outfit or a mount or a pet), then I have to single click on the "hand" icon at the bottom of the screen. That's the only way I can equip or un-equip items.
It works OK for me. You may want to go into the Control Panel on your computer, and depending on your OS, somewhere in your preferences you can change your mouse double-click speed. Also, try changing to a less crowded realm because lag can affect how fast your clicks register too.

Community Leader
AluraMist2 on Oct 8, 2012 wrote:
I had problems with this in Beta also and reported it.
Its a little inconsistent.
I do like how I can double click on things on my notification list as they appear and equip them on the fly though. This is going to be great stuff once polished!!!

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Get to your Backpack by pressing the 'b' key. Pick an item that has a blue hand on it (this means it is equipped). Using the left mouse button, double click that item and it should unequip the item (there should no longer be a blue hand on the item). Double click it again and it should equip the item. When you are trying to equip items, make sure that your ship/character can use that item. There are a bunch of items that can not be used by all characters/ships.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
I just discovered one exception to the double click rule. When you are in your Bank looking at your Backpack and you try double left clicking on an item to equip/un-equip that item, it does not work. At that time, you do have to use the equip/un-equip hand. at the bottom of the window.

Ensign
Mar 12, 2010
natenkate on Oct 9, 2012 wrote:
It works OK for me. You may want to go into the Control Panel on your computer, and depending on your OS, somewhere in your preferences you can change your mouse double-click speed. Also, try changing to a less crowded realm because lag can affect how fast your clicks register too.
I doubt that it is my computer settings. The double-click option works fine in Wizard101.

I also had problems with this during Beta testing and submitted in-game bug reports on it.

And they are not items (gear or ship items) that are locked and I don't have access to. They are things that I can work with using just a single click as I mentioned.

Thank you for the replies/feedback.

Ensign
Mar 12, 2010
The Helpful Pirate on Oct 10, 2012 wrote:
Get to your Backpack by pressing the 'b' key. Pick an item that has a blue hand on it (this means it is equipped). Using the left mouse button, double click that item and it should unequip the item (there should no longer be a blue hand on the item). Double click it again and it should equip the item. When you are trying to equip items, make sure that your ship/character can use that item. There are a bunch of items that can not be used by all characters/ships.
Thank you for the feedback. I'm sure that they are items I can use. They are not locked. It's simple things, like my mount, for example. I'm familiar with the hand icon, and the double versus single click. But as I explained, the double click option isn't working. Thanks again.