Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Renaming is 10000 Gold?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 11, 2009
I went into the Skull Island clothing shop to rename my pet. I talked to Marie Couleur and clicked on the rename pet icon. It said that I didn't have enought Gold to rename my pet, and that it costed 10,000 Gold. Is this a bug, or is renaming a pet supposed to be expensive? Thanks!
Also, sorry if I posted this in the wrong section.

Petty Officer
Jan 09, 2010
One of the 1st things I noticed as well, I can only assume it's a bug. I think they mentioned elsewhere that some pricing is currently wrong.

Ensign
Oct 11, 2009
Logansan on Oct 10, 2012 wrote:
One of the 1st things I noticed as well, I can only assume it's a bug. I think they mentioned elsewhere that some pricing is currently wrong.
I hope so. Or else my pet will be stuck with the name "Princess Roxy" forever.

Community Leader
Ditto that. It's awfully expensive if it's really supposed to be that much. I like my parrot, but not her name. But I don't like her that much to change her name.

Ensign
Jun 13, 2008
Ouch. My Octopus (from a game card) ended up named Cookie which I find sort of amusing so I'm going to leave it like that, but I'm sure there are others I'll want to change in the future as I plan on buying various cards as different promotions come out and unlike buying from the Crown Shop, we can't name these ourselves when we get them.

Ensign
Mar 12, 2010
I just checked this morning, and it still shows as 10,000 gold to rename your pet.

Hope that changes

Administrator
This should be changed as of the update from last night!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*