Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Below Decks

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 27, 2012
I think it would be very cool to be able to go below deck on our ships. Instead of a door that leads nowhere on our ships, the door could lead below deck. Having this room below our ships would be a great addition to the game. It could either be a fixed room or work like a house and allow customization.

People in this room would not automatically join on deck battles until they exited the room. Although, they would be sent to harbor if the battle on deck was lost.

Even further, this below deck room could be different on every ship. Some rooms could be musty "Storage Style Rooms" areas or "Luxury Style Rooms". The "style" of the room could either be decided by the ship you own or by "upgrading" the below deck room using gold.

Does anyone agree with me on this?

Ensign
Dec 06, 2009
Ensign
Sep 04, 2008
I had actually posted this very same suggestion in another thread! I think it would be awesome to be able to access your ship cabin and/or below decks. I personally would even go as far as paying crowns to unlock the ability to use them.

Ensign
Feb 18, 2010
JackieFinder37 on Sep 30, 2012 wrote:
I think it would be very cool to be able to go below deck on our ships. Instead of a door that leads nowhere on our ships, the door could lead below deck. Having this room below our ships would be a great addition to the game. It could either be a fixed room or work like a house and allow customization.

People in this room would not automatically join on deck battles until they exited the room. Although, they would be sent to harbor if the battle on deck was lost.

Even further, this below deck room could be different on every ship. Some rooms could be musty "Storage Style Rooms" areas or "Luxury Style Rooms". The "style" of the room could either be decided by the ship you own or by "upgrading" the below deck room using gold.

I like this! I say, the more we can decorate, the better! And some of those voyages can take so long, it would be nice to make it more homelike.

Lieutenant
Jan 29, 2010
I think you will find this has been discussed on other threads, and yes it is a cool idea. KI has indicated this is in the works down the road a ways.

Ensign
Nov 20, 2010
Lieutenant
Jan 29, 2010
meg1m on Oct 3, 2012 wrote:
Yar! This would be great for dockside parties
LOL, reminds me of an episode of "Keeping Up Appearances" with Hyacinth Bucket (Bouquet) planning her deck party with light nautical refreshments. Gotta love those British television sit-coms.

Ensign
Jan 12, 2009
On most of my ships' so far I have seen a door that looks like it would go into the captains quarters or something like that. I think it would be a nice edition to the game if you could anchor and enter these area's treating it sort of like a home!
The doors really do tempt me to as i am sure it does others

Ensign
Nov 20, 2010
Ruby Blades on Oct 3, 2012 wrote:
LOL, reminds me of an episode of "Keeping Up Appearances" with Hyacinth Bucket (Bouquet) planning her deck party with light nautical refreshments. Gotta love those British television sit-coms.
I believe I saw that episode too.

Ensign
Nov 20, 2010
I wish on St. Bonzo's Monkey Paw that I'm able to climb down my anchor while my ship is parked in Avernus Skyway and taunt the bone drakes.
Second wish: Please let us shoot the bone drakes with our ship's cannons
Third wish: I donate my third wish to Donkey Hotay. Poor guy, I mean monkey.

Community Leader
I posted this same idea in Avery's "Do you have an idea" thread. I'm glad others have the same idea. That means it's something we all would like to see and that gives KI justification for the expense in making it happen.

The size/number of rooms could depend on the size of your ship. I personally would love a ship with all those windows in the captains quarters. I love windows.

~ Springwolf

Ensign
Dec 11, 2008
Lieutenant
Jan 29, 2010
meg1m on Oct 4, 2012 wrote:
I believe I saw that episode too.
Hilarious, right?

Petty Officer
Mar 18, 2009
Pirate's Portal on Oct 4, 2012 wrote:
I posted this same idea in Avery's "Do you have an idea" thread. I'm glad others have the same idea. That means it's something we all would like to see and that gives KI justification for the expense in making it happen.

The size/number of rooms could depend on the size of your ship. I personally would love a ship with all those windows in the captains quarters. I love windows.

~ Springwolf
There's really no reason to keep suggesting it. KI has already came up with this idea. It will be implemented some time after launch.

Community Leader
Oran of Urz on Oct 6, 2012 wrote:
There's really no reason to keep suggesting it. KI has already came up with this idea. It will be implemented some time after launch.
Thank you! That's great news!

But I don't think there's harm in the continual suggestions. It lets KI know that people are excited about the idea and waiting for it to happen.

Community Leader
It will be fun to be able to go Into the captains quarters. I would love to be able to decorate my ship :)

Owner of Paige's Page Perilous Paige. "Honorary Black Cat of the entire Pirate 101 Fleet"
Ensign
Sep 22, 2012
Ensign
Feb 11, 2011
i hope in the big galleon ships you could have huge 2 story under deck and be able to decorate everything and i hope they make these things like the tablets in wizards so you could create walls or even be able 2 build your own house that would be awsome i wonder what theme will they do in the next kingsisle game i'm thinking space age monkeys alien spacemoles spacefrogs ect. it would be soo cool to have your own space ship and a space home like the craft house in cl in wizards

Ensign
Dec 15, 2011
Ensign
Apr 21, 2012
It would be nice if they would put a bank in the captain's quarters. So, if you get a real good drop for a different class, you could go into the captain's quarter to the bank and put it into the bank/shared bank.

Ensign
Feb 19, 2010
I would gladly give up the room that is currently provided for a captains cabin that could be furnished.

Ensign
Oct 08, 2012
I am hoping that there will choices in the looks of the Captain's Quarters. In Wizard101 each world usually had two basic houses available for a modest amount of gold. Maybe if when you went to a new world or changed ships, you could upgrade Captain's Quarters if you wished. I really would like to be able to get excited about decorating again. I enjoy the housing aspect of Wizard101.

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
I'm on the skyway's as the future Terror of the Skyways and I would want a nice window to look out of but not when heading to Valencia cause of the Bone Drakes.
Jacob Freeman lvl 14

Captain
May 02, 2009
JackieFinder37 on Sep 30, 2012 wrote:

I think that that door on most ships should lead to a world based mini tavern. (i.e a Mooshu ship will have a Mooshu based mini tavern holding up to 6-8 companions or a Skull Island ship will have a Skull Island based mini tavern with 6-8 compainons in it etc.)

Ensign
Sep 14, 2008
How about a beached ship(albeit a Large One) be a pirate home???