Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Message Board Feedback

AuthorMessage
Administrator
How do you like these new message boards?

Do you like the way they look?

Do they work the way you think they should? Try the Search, Recent Topics, Hottest Topics, and the new Watch Topics sections!

Let us know what you think by replying to this post!

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
When I submit a message for one of the message boards, one of the warnings that i get is "did you use all caps in your message? If so, your message will be automatically rejected." There is no mention if just one word is all caps that it will be rejected. I would like to see a modification to that policy so that one to three words could be all caps to add emphasis to what is being said. I totally agree that a message that is all caps should probably be rejected.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
On the screen that says "This is a fully moderated message board" is a link to Message Board Code of Contact that appears to be broken. Leastwise at 11:13 pm PDT on 10/9/12, the link did not work and gave me a 401 error message.

Administrator
Fixed! Thanks, Mouser01!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Jun 17, 2010
Want to read the last post of a thread without straining your fingers?
You can do that

Don't want to click on the last page number to get there after listing the posts?
Yea, there sure can be a lot pages.

Want to scroll down without saying "Man my finger hurts"?
You can say that again

Well relax those fingers and wait no further! Enjoy the fine luxury of a new link to the last post of a topic on all topic listing pages. Just click on the user's name under the Last Updated column and you will be swept away to the last post of that thread.
Now that is handy

Ensign
Jun 30, 2011
I like the look of the message boards, but they're a little wide for me. Not everyone has wide screen monitors! I have to scroll over to read each line, or go full screen - not that it's impossible to do, but it means I can't read and play at the same time, and it's a pain to change my screen size just to read/post on the forum.

I'm having trouble with my return button for some reason - it wants to double, triple, sometimes quadruple the spaces. It's not just me - it doesn't do that on anything else. The return button seems too sensitive, so I lighten my touch hitting the keys, and then it skips letters (yes, that part is just me). Is anyone else having trouble getting a simple double space between paragraphs? Or should I just not do paragraphs?

Ensign
Jun 16, 2009
I would rather keep the new look for the Pirate101 message boards, cause when I was in Wizard101 I got all confused.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
There appears to be a bug in the message boards (Oct. 13 11:58 pm PDT). Topics/replies both show 0 in the World of the Spiral part of the Message Boards. Actually, Skull Island has 5 topics and 17 replies (1:08 am PDT). Monquista has 3 topics and 10 replies. Valencia has 1 topic and no replies. Cool Ranch has no topics and no replies. Mooshu has no topics and no replies.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
The message boards appear to have problems in keeping up with the latest postings and announcements as of recently. You ought to kindly look at that problem and fix it posthaste.

Ensign
Jun 17, 2010
Trimond297 on Oct 17, 2012 wrote:
The message boards appear to have problems in keeping up with the latest postings and announcements as of recently. You ought to kindly look at that problem and fix it posthaste.
We are aware of the situation and we are working to correct this.

If you find anything else, please continue to post your findings.

Thanks.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
robred98 on Oct 17, 2012 wrote:
We are aware of the situation and we are working to correct this.

If you find anything else, please continue to post your findings.

Thanks.
OK. No problem.

Ensign
Mar 12, 2010
ColorsEverywhere on Oct 12, 2012 wrote:
I like the look of the message boards, but they're a little wide for me. Not everyone has wide screen monitors! I have to scroll over to read each line, or go full screen - not that it's impossible to do, but it means I can't read and play at the same time, and it's a pain to change my screen size just to read/post on the forum.

I'm having trouble with my return button for some reason - it wants to double, triple, sometimes quadruple the spaces. It's not just me - it doesn't do that on anything else. The return button seems too sensitive, so I lighten my touch hitting the keys, and then it skips letters (yes, that part is just me). Is anyone else having trouble getting a simple double space between paragraphs? Or should I just not do paragraphs?
I am having the same problems. As a matter of fact, I posted these two items on the new Wizard101 Message Board too.

I think the columns need some adjusting. The first column seems to be too wide. Maybe that can be narrowed? I find it hard to scroll across the screen too.

And the double, sometimes triple, spacing between paragraphs is annoying. I try to carefully backspace to eliminate the extra line spaces, but sometimes it double or triples on backspacing too.

When I posted this on the Wizard101 Message Board, Professor Greyrose asked "what browser and version" I use. I use Internet Explorer 9. She said that will help them assess and test.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/messageBoard/listPosts/game/8ad6a4143a4f137e013a579f2d4012dd

Ensign
Mar 12, 2010
Either yesterday, or the day before, I saw a post about someone having trouble with the quest from Manny, Unfinished Business, and trying to find Scuttles or Uncle Jack (I think). They said that the quest arrow helper kept pointing them back to Manny in the cave.

I know I posted a reply explaining how to open "My Quests" and select a quest to get the arrow helper working. But now I can't find the post at all. I'm pretty sure that I clicked "Watch this topic" in my reply. I've tried doing a search with a few of the keywords, and last night I actually went through all of the posts looking for it. (I know. Can we say OCD?) But it looks like the post disappeared. Any idea what happened to it?

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
I would like to see a change in how we maneuver around in the Message Boards. Down to picking which board we want to look at, it would be easier if it was a drop down menu to the individual board. For example, Message Boards Home would drop down to the menu of Welcome to the Message Board, Avery's Court, and World's of the Spiral as the first level. Then, depending on which section was picked, there would be another drop down menu for the individual board. As an example, World's of the Spiral would drop down to Skull Island, Monquista, Valencia, Cool Ranch, and MooShu. When one of those was picked, you'd go straight to the messages.

This would allow easy access to all parts of the Message Boards. Right now, when I am looking at the World's of the Spiral, I have to continually scroll down to the world I want to look at when I am at the Message Board home because the Worlds are at the end of the Message Board.

If there is only one topic (like Welcome to the Message Board) or one thread, go straight to that topic or thread - don't make us use extra clicks.

Another change I would like to see is to have Recent Topics show all topics within the last 2 days not just one page of the most Recent Topics. Because it shows only one page of the most Recent Topics, I don't use it because some messages were not submitted for 1 to 2 days previously (according to the text after we submit a message, it takes 12 to 48 hours - or possibly longer [over a weekend] to publish the submitted message). By only seeing one page of Recent Topics, we are probably missing messages that were submitted in the last day or two.

More than one page might also be needed for Hottest Topics depending on how many people are looking at or responding to the messages.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
2 more suggestions.

I like how you separate the person who started the thread versus the person who last responded to the thread in the Watched Topics Board. I think it would be useful to also include the number of the replies to that thread in the Watched Topics Board like is done in the Message Board "A Pirate's Life".

After viewing a thread and responding to that thread, it would be great (and make for a little less frustration) if we went back to the board we came from instead of the Board the Message was in. As an example, if I view the fifteenth thread under Watched Topics, submit a message to it, and click continue, I am sent to the board the Message is in, not back to the Watched Topics Board.

Ensign
Jun 17, 2010
The Helpful Pirate on Oct 21, 2012 wrote:
2 more suggestions.

I like how you separate the person who started the thread versus the person who last responded to the thread in the Watched Topics Board. I think it would be useful to also include the number of the replies to that thread in the Watched Topics Board like is done in the Message Board "A Pirate's Life".

After viewing a thread and responding to that thread, it would be great (and make for a little less frustration) if we went back to the board we came from instead of the Board the Message was in. As an example, if I view the fifteenth thread under Watched Topics, submit a message to it, and click continue, I am sent to the board the Message is in, not back to the Watched Topics Board.
As I see your point the issue lies in following a user's trail from point A to point B. To consider following that user from point A (Watched Topics), to point B (the topic), and then point C (the thread where you are posting something) is not exactly performance worthy. As anything is possible, we must always look at the gain and user experience. Two, your suggestion would end up forcing the user back to the message board home screen if they did not come from Watched Topics or the like.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Community Leader
Maybe there already is a way to do this, but I would like a way to see all of someone's posts. For example, if I wanted to see everything that One-Eyed Jack has responded to, I could click on his name to bring up a list of all his posts. Or if there is a community member that seems particularly knowledgable, it would be great to be able to see all the topics the reponded to with enlightenment

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Community Leader
Generally when it comes to any gaming message boards, as I review the boards, and see an interesting conversation/thread, I like to right click on it, and "Open in new tab" so I can continue to review interesting topics. Once i've reviewed those topics, I switch to these other tabs, read, respond, etc. The boards here seem to be very inconsistent in that for some reason the "Recent Topics" listing, does not allow a right click! The very menu I have now as I enter this message does not allow a right click on any of the links. Is there some reason that many of the pages here disable right clicking on a link? Some pages it works, some it doesnt!!! I know if I do a "Search" the results window allows it. Thanks for your time.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Jun 17, 2010
Talkin The Plank on Oct 22, 2012 wrote:
Maybe there already is a way to do this, but I would like a way to see all of someone's posts. For example, if I wanted to see everything that One-Eyed Jack has responded to, I could click on his name to bring up a list of all his posts. Or if there is a community member that seems particularly knowledgable, it would be great to be able to see all the topics the reponded to with enlightenment
Currently the way to look up a user's posts is it perform a search by author. We are limiting the results to 50 hits.

Mind you that it is case sensitive so please enter the user's name correctly. Or if you don't know it exactly use the wild card feature.

Hope this helps.

Ensign
Apr 02, 2011
Administrator
Dr Zeppers on Oct 23, 2012 wrote:
Generally when it comes to any gaming message boards, as I review the boards, and see an interesting conversation/thread, I like to right click on it, and "Open in new tab" so I can continue to review interesting topics. Once i've reviewed those topics, I switch to these other tabs, read, respond, etc. The boards here seem to be very inconsistent in that for some reason the "Recent Topics" listing, does not allow a right click! The very menu I have now as I enter this message does not allow a right click on any of the links. Is there some reason that many of the pages here disable right clicking on a link? Some pages it works, some it doesnt!!! I know if I do a "Search" the results window allows it. Thanks for your time.
Try holding down control and left clicking the Recent topics link, OFx! Let me know if that helps.

Administrator
Roran2545 on Oct 24, 2012 wrote:
how do i find my watched topics?
Use the Watched Topics link at the top (it's in the forums menu right under the large icons at the top of the Pirate101.com website).

Ensign
Jul 31, 2011
Are suggestions acceptable?
If so, I have an idea. There should be a way to add people as friends on Message Boards. They could have a Profile with an Add friend Icon, or simply an Add Friend icon when you click on his/her name that slides down.
It would be a bit easier to find your friends irl on here. When a friend is added, you could give them what I would call a Character Friend Request, that adds them in-game. Non-Members should have access to this too. If there is a Profile gadget, the Character friend request should appear next to a Remove Friend icon. If it slides, you should be able to have access to a Character Friend Request icon that slides down ( as well as a remove friend icon, and not to mention Ignore icon)
Well, thanks for this awesome feature and this awesome game. I hope a get a job at KI someday

Community Leader
Ive noticed that it seems the moderators review and approve messages VERY VERY early in the morning for most of us. Might it be possible to add, or change that schedule to the afternoon? Those of us that post in the morning seem to be at somewhat a disadvantage, having to wait nearly 24 hours before our posts are approved (assuming its worthy).
When I get on the boards, I see things are posted/approved through approximately 7am that day, and being one that frequents the boards from 9a-12, having to wait until the next day can be frustrating.

Thanks for listening.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
There appears to be a problem with the number of Watched Topics. I am getting an error message that states I have reached my limit of 25 Watched Topics yet there are only 13 Watched Topics on the P101 Message Board (I counted them).