Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Do you have an idea‽

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jan 30, 2013
Avery on Mar 1, 2012 wrote:
We love to hear how you would change or improve Pirate101, so please go ahead and post your ideas here!
I have several suggestions. Thanks for taking the time to ask us.
First, I'd love for other players to have to ask another player before joining their fight. This would take out a lot of unnecessary bickering I've seen out there. I must admit, it is very annoying to almost be finished, then someone jump in and add another opponent.

Secondly, I'd love to see a trading option. I know we have our shared banks for our own other pirates, but I am the type that locks into one character. I have a lot of friends that I quest and roam with of every different class. I pick up a lot of stuff for their classes that are just useless to me, other than to sell. Trading would be awesome and even enhance friendships I think.

Third, I'd like an option to delete companions. Call it "Walk the Plank" or something. Make them leave, after you develop your character, and you get your crew the way you want it, some of them just don't seem to make the grade anymore. Especially the ones not in the story line. I know they're gifts, and I don't mean to be ungrateful, but sometimes you just like to tailor up your crew the way you'd like to.

Thanks for your time

Petty Officer
Jan 30, 2013
Jester on Mar 15, 2012 wrote:
I'd like a parrot or (gasp) a monkey on my shoulder.
Love the parrot/monkey on the shoulder idea!

Ensign
Oct 21, 2012
I have an idea that since Pirate 101 and Wizard 101 have similar worlds, perhaps Pirate 101 can have a "wizard city" world and maybe there can be new worlds that consist of the elements such as fire, water, wind and earth.

Thanks for reading
Aaron

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Decwolf455 on Aug 24, 2013 wrote:
I have an idea that since Pirate 101 and Wizard 101 have similar worlds, perhaps Pirate 101 can have a "wizard city" world and maybe there can be new worlds that consist of the elements such as fire, water, wind and earth.

Thanks for reading
Aaron
Welcome to the message boards Aaron. . Those elements are used at the end of Mooshu, those and then some, but I won't spoil anything for you.

Ensign
Jun 03, 2013
We love to hear how you would change or improve Pirate101, so please go ahead and post your ideas here!
Okay, here is my thought. When you register, ask for the birthdate so people (hopefully) don't lie about their age. Plus, on their birthday, they could get a special prize! (My bday is July 1st and I registered June 3rd. You might still think I'm 13, but really I'm 14.) Hope this helped!

Ensign
Jun 03, 2013
My apologies for the last thing I submitted. I didn't mean to post that. I hope you understand.

Ensign
Dec 27, 2012
This is more of a class tweek than an addition. The Gallant Defense for the swashbuckler makes no sense. The Swashbuckler class is a striker class, using hide in shadows and backstab to deal tremendous amount of damage. Their light amour dose not afford them the high degree a defense needed to take hits meant for others. This is best left for the Privateer of Buccaneer (classes whose job it is to do just that.)

My suggestion would be to change the Gallant Defense to a more Swashbuckler type like +50% to agility and rename it Cat's Grace.

Ensign
Dec 18, 2010
I know it was mentioned that we cannot move items between games via shared bank, but I think that it would be a good idea that we could move housing items between games. This way you can have one or two houses to put all of your housing items from both games. It would make housing a lot more fun if we could use housing items from wizard101 in pirate101, or visa versa. Comment your thoughts, KI.

Ensign
Dec 18, 2010
I have a lot of ideas that I think would be good for housing.
  • For starters I think that we should be able to move housing items between games. This way we can have all of our housing items from both games in one house. This could make housing a whole lot cooler because we could have all our wizard stuff and pirate stuff in the same house.
The next two ideas are most likely coming up in pirate101 because they are in wizard101, but I am going to introduce them anyways.
  • Being able to put our pirate pets down as housing item so they can roam and don't have to be cooped up in a backpack or bank.
  • Being able to have our weapons on the walls as wall hangings. I know we can already do this in wizard101 but I think it would be cool in pirate101 too. I have saved all of my weapons since level one just in case we can hang them in the future
These next few ideas are my own creation that I think would improve pirate housing in pirate101.
  • Since we get Captain Gunn's treasure as a housing item, I think it would make sense if we got Captain Blood's sizable amount of treasure as a housing item too. We can already see it in the game, so I think it should be a housing item as well.
  • Right now I know that there is a ship in a bottle housing item in skull island that is cheap and easy to buy, but I think we should be able to put down the ships that we are not using as housing items. For example, lets say I have a mooshu skiff and a aquillia skiff. I want to equip the aquillia one. So then I think we should get to put the bottle with the mooshu skiff down as a housing item.
  • Lastly, I think housing vendors should be added to moniqustia and Valencia. I also think that the housing vendor in aquillia should sell more then the pile of gold.

That about sums up what housing stuff I think should be added to the game. If KI reads this I hope that they will add at least some of the stuff I have suggested.

Ensign
Mar 17, 2013
What I would love in the game would be the ability to trade ships to my other pirates. We can trade ship parts which seem to be a lot larger than a ship in a bottle.

I would also like to be able to put gold in the bank as well. Just starting a new pirate is impossible without more gold. Maybe limit the amount that can be given to another one of our pirates.

A pet shop would be cool, or an egg drop from a boss that when allowed to hatch becomes a pet.

A talking parrot on my shoulder. A pirate just isn't a pirate without a parrot.

Finally, CAN YOU PLEASE FINISH THE STORY? I was all excited when i finished Aquila. I ran down to Avery's and talked to him and was greatly disappointed when i learned the rest of the game had not been made.

Ensign
May 21, 2011
I believe this is the most requested thing in pirate 101, FLAG CHANGERS!!!

Dark Angel lvl 65

Ensign
Apr 03, 2013
Pets should be easier to get. I want a pet ninja pigs (3 stacked). I also want a History101 and I posted something about that on my own post

Ensign
Jun 08, 2013
You know what pirate101 should do, they should have a permanent henchman, it would be just like a companion except better. But the price would be higher than a regular henchmen, but still better.Please do this, people would buy it, trust me

Ensign
Nov 23, 2011
Hi I have a really good idea on how to get the pirate characters that you create more involved. You know how many of your crew have voices, and speak and forward the story? I was wondering if you guys could do something to where your pirate character speaks as well with crew members and to other characters in the game. Like give your pirate girl or boy a voice to speak with. You can probably get a few male actors to do boy voices and female actors to do girl voices. Something that I thought would give a bit more of an edge. I've always wondered what my pirate girl would sound like if she could actually talk. Another game to do this, was Tron evolution battle grids for the nintendo wii. Your character could actually speak and interact with other characters in game. I hope you guys add something like that soon.

Ensign
Jul 04, 2013
I think we should be able to gift between two people and not just out of the crown shop but out of our backpacks and banks because I know that on my high lvl character my backpack and bank are full of items I cannot use but other friends would be able to

another idea would be to make it so we can sell pets at the bazaar because I know people with bad luck like me only got one or two pets throughout the game and want different ones with different abilities if kingsisle would use my suggestions that would be great

Ensign
Jun 29, 2013
Well I have a couple ideas. First I think you should add a pet vender and maybe a mount vender where you could buy a permanent mount for gold I also think it would be cool if you could have a parrot or a monkey on your shoulder !

Ensign
Nov 23, 2011
Kyle103103 on Aug 31, 2013 wrote:
You know what pirate101 should do, they should have a permanent henchman, it would be just like a companion except better. But the price would be higher than a regular henchmen, but still better.Please do this, people would buy it, trust me
It would be nice to have another HUMAN on your crew. Perhaps you can even make your own henchman.

Ensign
Aug 08, 2012
WinterTundra2 on Sep 1, 2013 wrote:
It would be nice to have another HUMAN on your crew. Perhaps you can even make your own henchman.
They now have henchmen in battle like in wizards 101 when your in battle there should be an empty spot and go in the crown shop.

Ensign
Apr 03, 2013
WinterTundra2 on Aug 31, 2013 wrote:
Hi I have a really good idea on how to get the pirate characters that you create more involved. You know how many of your crew have voices, and speak and forward the story? I was wondering if you guys could do something to where your pirate character speaks as well with crew members and to other characters in the game. Like give your pirate girl or boy a voice to speak with. You can probably get a few male actors to do boy voices and female actors to do girl voices. Something that I thought would give a bit more of an edge. I've always wondered what my pirate girl would sound like if she could actually talk. Another game to do this, was Tron evolution battle grids for the nintendo wii. Your character could actually speak and interact with other characters in game. I hope you guys add something like that soon.
Yeah, if Selena Gomez did the girl a one of the sprouse twins did a boy I would play it way more often than normal

Ensign
Dec 21, 2011
I think a REALLY BRILLIANT idea for a future companion after Aquila is a Clockwork marksman The story could be something like its brain was manufactured wrong, or after an epic battle one soldier was left standing, and it got damaged and decided to latch onto us as its leader instead of KaineIt wouldn't be the first time we took a former enemy into our crew. Look at Ratbeard. This would be mind-blowing awesome!

Another idea I have is one I've wanted since I've first joined Pirate101 is when you look at your map, there should be a little or some such icon to show a quest is in the vicinity. I missed a couple in the past because a side quest would be in a shop I never had a reason to go to, or some little nook that I just would not see! I really want this to happen.

LOVE THIS GAME!! Way more enjoyable than Wizard101! Keep up the great work!

Ensign
Apr 26, 2011
Aquilan Spartan on Aug 29, 2013 wrote:
I have a lot of ideas that I think would be good for housing.
  • For starters I think that we should be able to move housing items between games. This way we can have all of our housing items from both games in one house. This could make housing a whole lot cooler because we could have all our wizard stuff and pirate stuff in the same house.
The next two ideas are most likely coming up in pirate101 because they are in wizard101, but I am going to introduce them anyways.
  • Being able to put our pirate pets down as housing item so they can roam and don't have to be cooped up in a backpack or bank.
  • Being able to have our weapons on the walls as wall hangings. I know we can already do this in wizard101 but I think it would be cool in pirate101 too. I have saved all of my weapons since level one just in case we can hang them in the future
These next few ideas are my own creation that I think would improve pirate housing in pirate101.
  • Since we get Captain Gunn's treasure as a housing item, I think it would make sense if we got Captain Blood's sizable amount of treasure as a housing item too. We can already see it in the game, so I think it should be a housing item as well.
  • Right now I know that there is a ship in a bottle housing item in skull island that is cheap and easy to buy, but I think we should be able to put down the ships that we are not using as housing items. For example, lets say I have a mooshu skiff and a aquillia skiff. I want to equip the aquillia one. So then I think we should get to put the bottle with the mooshu skiff down as a housing item.
  • Lastly, I think housing vendors should be added to moniqustia and Valencia. I also think that the housing vendor in aquillia should sell more then the pile of gold.

That about sums up what housing stuff I think should be added to the game. If KI reads this I hope that they will add at least some of the stuff I have suggested.
Wow like the idea about bottling our ships!! Very good idea!

Yeah, still stuck on the put companions in our houses option! Some of them I despise lol. (yes I do use the sleep tokens, but more then usual not enough!!)
Also like others. Want to put mounts and pets in house as well .

Ensign
Jun 11, 2009
Hello all,

This idea has probably been submitted, but here it goes.

I love my house, especially the new ones, but it does not feel 'homey' because there are no people or pets there. How about have your crew roaming around your home, playing cards, or even dueling.

Your pets could be running around chasing your mounts or something.

Just a thought. Thank you for a great game, my kids and I love to play together.

Ensign
Sep 01, 2011
You should be able to join one of the factions, then have a side quest chain for that faction. Like for frogfather
you would be like smuggling yum-yum or something. I just think that would be cool

Ensign
Feb 09, 2010
Ok where to begin...

Ok for starters Pirate101 rocks. I enjoy the game a lot. A couple of things I wouldn't mind seeing areas follows.
1) FLAGS when setting up my player for the first time, I was not aware that your crew would be forced to wear those colors. I would very much like to see somewhere you could go to change your flag.

2) mark location. Wizard101 was onto something there. Man oh man that would make some worlds so much better like cool ranch.

3) shareing, or giving your friends stuff out of your own bank. If I have 10 mounts,why do I have to spend money on a mount from the crown shop to be able to give a friend a mount?

4) MORE CARD PACKS ENOUGH said.

5) companions, I rather like the idea of being able to FIRE a companion, but if that is not possible then perhaps we could choose to LEAVE a few companions at our house. Also we should see our companions on our ships. (All of them) Another thing, we should at least be able to buy more sleep tokens.

6) Ships... there is a door on every ship that we have no access to. If we own the ship, then we should be able to go inside it.

7) Stitching for gold... yeah that would be cool.

8) Swashbuckler weapons in crown shop.... there are none.

9) Major healing for all classes. All I as a lack 65 Swashbuckler have is minor healing that at most unless epic heal (very seldom) only heals for a couple hundred. Now that is very ineffective in a world where getting hit by 6 different bad guys for about 400 hit points each per turn. Also when a member of your group is defeated in combat, then you heal them, they get killed before the next round. Kinda bogus, since they were dead and the bad guys should not attack them before they get a chance to play the next round.

10) lol cap... when a pirate reaches max lol or max nautical lol, I feel that they should be given an incentive to keep playing. Since we no longer receive co or nautical co, I think it would be cool to receive double gold or something so we could train our crew.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
toobock2001 on Sep 8, 2013 wrote:
Ok where to begin...

Ok for starters Pirate101 rocks. I enjoy the game a lot. A couple of things I wouldn't mind seeing areas follows.
1) FLAGS when setting up my player for the first time, I was not aware that your crew would be forced to wear those colors. I would very much like to see somewhere you could go to change your flag.

2) mark location. Wizard101 was onto something there. Man oh man that would make some worlds so much better like cool ranch.

3) shareing, or giving your friends stuff out of your own bank. If I have 10 mounts,why do I have to spend money on a mount from the crown shop to be able to give a friend a mount?

4) MORE CARD PACKS ENOUGH said.

5) companions, I rather like the idea of being able to FIRE a companion, but if that is not possible then perhaps we could choose to LEAVE a few companions at our house. Also we should see our companions on our ships. (All of them) Another thing, we should at least be able to buy more sleep tokens.

6) Ships... there is a door on every ship that we have no access to. If we own the ship, then we should be able to go inside it.

7) Stitching for gold... yeah that would be cool.

8) Swashbuckler weapons in crown shop.... there are none.

9) Major healing for all classes. All I as a lack 65 Swashbuckler have is minor healing that at most unless epic heal (very seldom) only heals for a couple hundred. Now that is very ineffective in a world where getting hit by 6 different bad guys for about 400 hit points each per turn. Also when a member of your group is defeated in combat, then you heal them, they get killed before the next round. Kinda bogus, since they were dead and the bad guys should not attack them before they get a chance to play the next round.

10) lol cap... when a pirate reaches max lol or max nautical lol, I feel that they should be given an incentive to keep playing. Since we no longer receive co or nautical co, I think it would be cool to receive double gold or something so we could train our crew.
First of all, welcome to the message boards toobock2001, You have some great ideas and I cannot wait to see what else you have to say. Now a comment on one of your points, "Also when a member of your group is defeated in combat, then you heal them, they get killed before the next round. Kinda bogus, since they were dead and the bad guys should not attack them before they get a chance to play the next round." I agree that this can be very frustrating . The reason this happens is that the characters here are much more intelligent than on Wizards. They are very aware of their environment and are quick to clue in that someone is now there that was not there when the round started. This can work to our benefit also. It is how we can get in some extra shots using Repel Boarders or Overwatch when a bad guy approaches us or Cheap Shot when they move away from us. It keeps things full of the unexpected and can make for some wonderful surprises. How many of us have been simply delighted when someone got too close to our Bonnie Anne and she triggered with Overwatch and then proceeded to Burst Fire them into the ground. . Another bad guy down that you never even targeted.
As for the healing, several companions have Rouse & Revive healing abilities. Keep them high up on your list so you can utilize that when you need it.
You can also farm for gear that gives you Valor's Armor or Valor's Fortress, along with Kracken's Lament and that will really protect you or any companion that needs it.