Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Do you have an idea‽

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 13, 2012
natenkate on Oct 9, 2012 wrote:
Because if you do choose to play both games, you can use crowns you purchase on either of them. If you start a seperate account for Pirate101, you would have to make a seperate crowns purchase to have them on both accounts. You also will get a subscription discount if you choose to subscribe to both games on one account. Think of it as being your Kingsisle account rather than one game account or another. Then you are just choosing which Kingisle game to play on your account.
If two people in your home wants to play wizards and pirates. And you use your wizard101 acct to buy a bundle it logs off one or the other. That doesnt seem right since I pay a few hundred a year for two w101 accts(and alot of money for crowns since May when I joined) and now the p101 accts.

So why didn't they tell us that if you use your w101 acct info it would block being able to play both at the same time?

Ensign
Sep 22, 2012
I found it hard at first to find clothes that would suit my Witch Doctor. Granted, I am still in Skull Island but I haven't seen any clothes tailored towards a specific class in the clothes shop like I did in W101. I would love to see witch doctor only clothes in a clothes shop. I have only seen the witch doctor clothes after I have completed quests. Who knows? Maybe there are shops like this already in later worlds that I haven't got to yet.

Ensign
Nov 25, 2010
can characters get rare drops (the kind that have give talents) for thier class? i have gotten about 5 of these items and 2 have been swashbuckler class 3 have been privateer. i am buccaneer this does nothing for me.

Ensign
Jul 20, 2012
Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
Darth JT on Jun 12, 2012 wrote:
I love all the pet ideas and of course, the mount ideas, but I don't think these are quite original ideas.

What I would like to see, to make all the classes fair, is since only Buccaneer and Privateer can get Heavy Armor, which defends a lot more against Melee attacks, that Light Armor Gear, be half of what Heavy Armor does & half Resistance, so that Light armor protects as much as Heavy Armor does, just half melee and half distance attacks. That would be fair for all classes and greatly benefit the game.
Well of course we need some stereo-typical pirate stuff in Pirate101!

Ensign
Jan 30, 2009
Petty Officer
Jan 09, 2010
I guess my number one wish would be for the game to take into consideration how long a battle has been going on for before someone else can run in and join. I think new people should only be able to join in the first five or so turns.

Too often I would be in a long battle, finally get down to only one mob left, maybe having no companions left and only a bit of health but still having a chance to win, only to have someone else join and three/four more mobs spawn around me. To make it worst the new player normally is added at the back of the grid while the new mobs spawn the other end where typically those already in the battle will be. This can mean a quick defeat and then all I can do is just sit there and wait and hope the new player wins, but more often than not they flee as soon as they think they are been outnumbered.

It also make it’s difficult to decide wherever to join an existing battle or not, I try not to join existing battles unless I saw them start and know they have only been going for one or two turns, primary because I don’t want to upset those already in the battle in any way.

Ensign
Apr 27, 2012
I'm not sure what to call this, if it's an idea or complaint.
I'm really unhappy about it.
I was out fighting ships. I had no intention of boarding: I was just destroying to grab some quick nautical points. I had 2 other players following me. Soon as the ships got where they could board them they did. So, my time was just a waste.
It feels like they were stealing them from me. I wouldn't mind at all if they were helping me destroy the ships.
It seems it should be they couldn't board until the original player was either boarded or boarded the enemy ship.
I even told them I felt like they were stealing the ship as I had it past ready to board. I would have been able to destroy them the next special spells round.
I'm sorry I'm really unhappy here! This could really make me decide pirate 101 is not for me.
Thanks.

Ensign
Jul 07, 2012
Avery on Mar 1, 2012 wrote:
We love to hear how you would change or improve Pirate101, so please go ahead and post your ideas here!
how about adding marlybone in the game and kinda link the story abit to the wizard101 marlybone

Ensign
Jul 27, 2011
Pandowdy on Mar 12, 2012 wrote:
Put pet shops in with some pets that you can only get in Pirate101, like a pet purple yumyum fruit and storm shark pups and parrots. Also, maybe a mount shop with a few Batacuda and flying fish mounts in it. Yes, I'm sure that someone would go into the Vortex of Doom just to get a few storm shark cubs. There are people that would do that even if I don't know them.
Wait... a person can get a mount from the Vortex of Doom?

Ensign
Dec 11, 2008
be cool to have a room on your ship, dont have to be fancy, do have to be like houseing where you move and buy stuff for, just be nice when your riding with friends on a stream to just go in and hang out for a bit till you get to the place you want to go, or simple drop ancor and hang out with friends. or could make it the place your crew hangs out kinda like the room downstairs in a tavren.

Ensign
Dec 11, 2008
sagehyuuga on Oct 13, 2012 wrote:
be cool to have a room on your ship, dont have to be fancy, do have to be like houseing where you move and buy stuff for, just be nice when your riding with friends on a stream to just go in and hang out for a bit till you get to the place you want to go, or simple drop ancor and hang out with friends. or could make it the place your crew hangs out kinda like the room downstairs in a tavren.
* edit, i mean doesnt have to be like housing

Ensign
Sep 27, 2012
I have two ideas:

1) wherever pirates can go to receive quests

2) Housing item drops (these were in Wizard101 and I'd love to see them in Pirate101)

Petty Officer
Oct 13, 2012
Pirate's Portal on Sep 28, 2012 wrote:
I would like to be able to rename my companions. Everyone seems to be running around with a Subodai Horse Barbarian.

I'd also like to name my mount. And in the original beta version, when you purchased a mount you could choose your own colors for it. I really liked having my Thunderous Kirin painted in the same colors as my ships crew. It not only looked great, but it made the mount "mine" so to speak. I know there's no plans to allow a mount to be dyed; but what about going back to this original ability to choose the color upon purchase. Especially those from the crown shop. Technically we're paying real money for those and it would be great if we could customize the mount we're paying for.

It would also be nice to have an option to "take a picture" of your character with the desired selected gear beyond that of a screen print. One where there's no extra game icons on the screen. A portrait shop for instance. A place where you can take a picture of your pirate with a choice of backgrounds; or with your selected ship in the background, maybe you want to have a pic of your pirate with his/her entire crew, pet or mount etc. A Portrait Shop..that would be cool.

I've always wanted my Pirate to go "home" and sit by the fire. Perhaps an option to walk up to a chair or sofa and press X to allow them to sit.

As a Mom I'm often playing during the day when my son is at school. But that also means I'm doing housework on and off during that time. Typically I'll find a place for my character to stand safely and rush off to do something hoping I can get it done before the session expires. It would be great if I could take my pirate home, lay down on the bed and take a nap for a little extra time than the normal expiration time. Maybe 20min max, before the session ends.

Finally, I love the ships. But I'd love to be able to go beneath the main deck to the Captain's Quarters and decorate it like a home, where we could keep maps, & sextants and such.

i would agree i am a level 7 swashbuckler and i would also like to rename companions lots of people have a sarah steele mouse fencerand i think you should have a cabin in your ship too

Petty Officer
Oct 13, 2012
i want a special ship for each pirate class please

Ensign
Jul 18, 2010
I think your players heath meter should display below your character instead of the goofy looking square thing that appears when you hit an opponent. I noticed my companions have a circe below them but it's not doing anything. Game would look much better with life circles similar to wizard101.

Thank you.

Ensign
May 20, 2009
Improve the experience of other pirate players aboard your ship. They do a lot of standing around. At least, they are part a boarding raid. How about something more?
How about other pirate players firing cannons? If your ship cannons were manned they become more accurate and/or more damaging. Maybe the cannons could be aimed? The other pirate players would get nautical xp? or cannon xp? Sea battles would be more crew/team/family based!
BTW, currently watching cannon balls fly past you while being a passenger during a battle is incredible.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Lizza2075 on Oct 12, 2012 wrote:
I'm not sure what to call this, if it's an idea or complaint.
I'm really unhappy about it.
I was out fighting ships. I had no intention of boarding: I was just destroying to grab some quick nautical points. I had 2 other players following me. Soon as the ships got where they could board them they did. So, my time was just a waste.
It feels like they were stealing them from me. I wouldn't mind at all if they were helping me destroy the ships.
It seems it should be they couldn't board until the original player was either boarded or boarded the enemy ship.
I even told them I felt like they were stealing the ship as I had it past ready to board. I would have been able to destroy them the next special spells round.
I'm sorry I'm really unhappy here! This could really make me decide pirate 101 is not for me.
Thanks.
I know that when I attack another ship that another Player started attacking first, I can't choose to board that particular ship unless they board it first. So, I am not sure how you were able to have the ship you were fighting be boarded by another player before you boarded it. I could understand if you were fighting 2 or 3 ships at one time that they could board one of the other ships first but not the one you started attacking.

Ensign
Dec 28, 2008
Sometime in the future why not a Pirate101 Contest? Like maybe a Pirate101 Poem contest and the best poems win prizes? Or maybe a video contest? Or maybe a drawing or screenshot contest? This is just my idea that could happen in the future.

Ensign
Dec 30, 2011
The Helpful Pirate on Oct 18, 2012 wrote:
I know that when I attack another ship that another Player started attacking first, I can't choose to board that particular ship unless they board it first. So, I am not sure how you were able to have the ship you were fighting be boarded by another player before you boarded it. I could understand if you were fighting 2 or 3 ships at one time that they could board one of the other ships first but not the one you started attacking.
I believe that was changed and now they cannot board unless the person who started the fight decides to board the ship. If you look at the date of that message, it more than likely was the old way when it was written.

One thing I would like to see, it was already suggested but I double that suggestion:

Please, there needs to be a limit on when someone can enter a fight. Just as the other poster said, I might have lost all companions and be on the last points of health but actually have a chance to win, barely, but win. And then, BAM! Someone joins the fight creating a whole new batch of enemies to fight which means I don't make it.

It would be nice if people had manners but some do not, they just jump on in, and if they lose...all that time was totally wasted. Course, I had this same frustration on Wizard101 in higher levels so while I don't expect to see it changed, would love it if it was.

Ensign
Nov 21, 2010
i think there should be an option to not let anyone else join or just friends only. i am tired of people joining after i have defeated almost everyone and have low health after my companions die then someone bringing in three more enemies.

sorry if this idea is already posted, to lazy to read it

Ensign
May 24, 2012
i think it would be great if you could live on your ship, also improve your pet to be more , and last a wikiapedia for pirates 101 so you can find things . Player guide is fine for beginning , but it helps to find out more and where, i miss that a lot in this game.

Ensign
Sep 17, 2009
-Please allow us to TURN OFF camera snap. Seriously. Naval battles are a pain because the camera keeps snapping back behind my ship. Unlike ground battles, you need situational awareness in naval battles because other ships can join in/get too close.

By allowing us to un-snap the camera we can keep it at one angle so we can see if any other enemy ships get too close.

-Speaking of camera snap, it would also be good to allow us to toggle camera snap in the regular player view.

-My biggest suggestion is to your business director, producer, or whom ever is in charge of the business model.
1) Have them play Pirates of the Burning Sea, Star Trek Online, Florencia Online, or Uncharted Waters. Preferably the first two (PoTBS and STO).
2) Have them take notes on how Flying Lab Software-SOE, and Cryptic/Perfect World, run their cash shop and how they maintain a Free to play game.
It seems to me you folks are charging a very high premium for the child friendly part. No game with a monthly fee also has experience boosts in a cash shop. Games that do this (Age of Conan for example) piggyback experience gain with month subscription.

In the modern 2012 world, nearly every person I know, has no issue letting their child simply play any other F2P out there, including Star Wars: The Old Republic, PoTBS, or any of the korean F2P examples I mentioned above that have a similar theme.

Your business managers and producers need to take a better look of what F2Ps are available (and will soon be available in the market that will compete with Pirates 101.

Ensign
Dec 03, 2009
Idea #1: When boarding a ship, to often does it just get far to crowded if others join in, and near impossible to make a decent move, dragging out the battle. A (relatively) simple fix to this would be to have the second boarder also have his ship boarding from the opposite side ([Player 1 Ship][Enemy Ship][Player 2 Ship]). After that the third player could spawn on the first players ship, and the fourth player spawns on the second players ship. This would allow plenty of space, and likewise would make having four people in a single boarding battle far less unwieldy.

Idea #2: Speeding up battle animations here and there. I'm not sure if it's me, but it seems like battles have a tendency to drag on at times, and a simple way to address this without any major changes, is just speeding up a few animations here and there. Lessening the pauses between crit blows, speeding up the flying distance of bolts and w/e the guns fire. Simply going through the animations, and reducing the time on some of the longer ones, and some of the blows that pause for a needlessly long amount of time. Just to keep the pace of combat a bit faster (even from a turn based tactics gamer, the pace just seems slow).

Idea #3: As mentioned in another topic, having your crew on deck would be incredible, and add to the overall immersion. The deck just feels so empty, would be nice to press tab and have your first mate take the wheel as you walk around the deck and see your crew manning the mast, swabbing the deck, and all around having a drink here and there (obviously for child game reasons it would be either ambiguous or clearly not alcohol, cause I mean it's a kids game about murder and plunder, can't go to far..). Perhaps even add an auto pilot mode for any major town you've been too, where you set it, then go to the deck while your first mate mans the wheel.

So in closing, love the game, and these are just some ideas that I believe would improve the games pace, and serve to make it even better!

Ensign
Oct 24, 2010
Hey, KI I had an idea that I would love to see done in future updates! I think it would be really neat if you allowed players to go inside their ships. The inside could be customized to be showed off to friends and it could maybe also act as a portable tavern for when a crew member wants to be promoted. Would make it really convenient. Maybe players who visit could even see your crew in its entirety when they go inside.

Of course the inside should only be accessible at a dock/anchored in the skyway. It be a really neat element to the game don't you think?

(Posted this in the Feedback suggestion topic too. Didn't know this was for ideas my bad. You can delete the other one)