Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What is a Swashbuckler?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 31, 2014
Ah, Swashbucklers. An amazing class, my favorite by far. Also, in my experience we are virtually unstoppable when fighting side by side with a buccaneer. Seriously, like a 2 person army. -Wolf

Ensign
Jan 15, 2013
I love being a swashbuckler so much! My swashy was my first character, and so far my highest level one, to.
Sneaky and stealthy sure is my style, I guess.

Petty Officer
Jun 22, 2014
Darlin Anna on Oct 13, 2012 wrote:
Can someone tell me if and when the swashbuckler can use heavy armor gear? I am level 14.
Heavy armor for Swashbucklers is not possible as it is meant for Buccaneers and Privateers. However, Swashbucklers can still get light armor.

Ensign
Dec 24, 2014
hi am a and thought that we are roses because we are great to look at but not to touch.

fearless adam level 63

Ensign
Aug 28, 2012
First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
staraptor7 on Jul 11, 2015 wrote:
they are the best class in the game.
Welcome to the message boards, staraptor7! I will agree with you here. Go swashbucklers!

Ensign
Jun 16, 2015
Ensign
Aug 13, 2014
Morgan Lafitte on Mar 1, 2012 wrote:
Swashbucklers rely on speed and finesse in combat, sneaking up on their foes and striking from surprise, then dodging the enemy's attacks when they finally come. They are deadly with a blade, but not nearly as tough as a Buccaneer, sacrificing toughness for damage.

If you are a Swashbuckler, look for ways to boost your AGILITY
Love ya Morgan!

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
I think Morgan Lafitte needs to update the description to: swashbucklers are the most overpowered class in the game right now due to black fog

Petty Officer
Jul 22, 2014
Shiningfantasia on Oct 28, 2012 wrote:
I do have a question for you guys.

Your first spell is "Sneak attack." This graphic is nearly the same graphic used for all the upcoming back stab spells.

What I always wondered, and for some reason never been able to confirm, does hide in the shadows increase Sneak attack damage?
It doesn't just improve the power for sneak attack, it doubles the damage for every power(including a regular attack too)

I love swashbucklers so much because my swashbuckler is a lvl 46 and he has the fully upgraded version of Sneak Attack, Assassin's Strike(which I think you get at lvl 30-ish). And when it's paired with Walk In Darkness or Walk In Shadows, it will guaranteed, for a lvl 46, do over at least 1,100 damage to the enemy which is soooooo amazing.

Also the epics that Swashbucklers get are really cool too- Pirate 3(plus 25% weapon power and 50% accuracy on enemy ships) and First Strike 3(Strike before enemy attackers/get plus 25% weapon power for THAT first strike/can spot sneak attacks) and Riposte 2(strike when melee attackers miss)

I hope this helped and I hope to see you all around in the spiral-

Charming Morgan Freeman- lvl 65 Witchdoctor
Adam- lvl 46 swashbuckler
and three other pirates but I forgot their names( one is lvl 25 buccaneer and a lvl 5 privateer and a lvl 5 musketeer

Petty Officer
Jul 22, 2014
witchdoctor daruis on Aug 29, 2015 wrote:
I think Morgan Lafitte needs to update the description to: swashbucklers are the most overpowered class in the game right now due to black fog
That is sooooooooooo true.

Ensign
Jun 05, 2013
sagehyuuga on Oct 15, 2012 wrote:
walk in shadows works even if you move you stay invis in till you attack, i do recall i used a base attack not a skill and i remained invis not sure if it works like that i only use invis to boost sneek attack. but back to your question no, you do not have to stand still.
i do that too! XD ( P.S. i'm actually a privateer but i'm using swashbuckler as my secondary. ) also, it wears off when I attack normally. ( I only do that when i'm desperate. ) so it must have been a glitch for you or base attack counts with the newest update. I dunno.

awkward mycin stevedoor lvl23 privateer
-----------------------------------------------------------------------{}---------------------------------------------------------------------

Ensign
Jun 05, 2013
Speed Switch on Jan 2, 2013 wrote:
of course swashbucklers are the best school duh!!!! :P

that is quite obvious, when my 2 bro's come to pvp, and the buccneer lose, he says, well you were suppose to win anyway, you were a swashbuckler, and my other bro says ya i no :P

its common knowledge if ya ask me.

Xavier lvl 37 swash
it's not the best school EVER it's just the best school for you're play style. i'm better than swashbuckler on my privateer because i'm very balanced in what I can and can't do. swashbuckler is best for fast paced kinda people, and privateer is best if you wanna balance out your abilities. my character is designed to adapt to any and all equipment. ( well, except for the items I need to be a higher level for. )

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
furborn74 on Sep 20, 2015 wrote:
It doesn't just improve the power for sneak attack, it doubles the damage for every power(including a regular attack too)

I love swashbucklers so much because my swashbuckler is a lvl 46 and he has the fully upgraded version of Sneak Attack, Assassin's Strike(which I think you get at lvl 30-ish). And when it's paired with Walk In Darkness or Walk In Shadows, it will guaranteed, for a lvl 46, do over at least 1,100 damage to the enemy which is soooooo amazing.

Also the epics that Swashbucklers get are really cool too- Pirate 3(plus 25% weapon power and 50% accuracy on enemy ships) and First Strike 3(Strike before enemy attackers/get plus 25% weapon power for THAT first strike/can spot sneak attacks) and Riposte 2(strike when melee attackers miss)

I hope this helped and I hope to see you all around in the spiral-

Charming Morgan Freeman- lvl 65 Witchdoctor
Adam- lvl 46 swashbuckler
and three other pirates but I forgot their names( one is lvl 25 buccaneer and a lvl 5 privateer and a lvl 5 musketeer
Any "hide" doesn't double the damage of the attack, it doubles the damage of the weapon ( read the card ).

Petty Officer
Sep 02, 2015
Ahoy there pirates!
Swashbucklers are epic! I have a level 54 one, and invisible power is so awesome. Also, the assassin's attacks are really good. For any people planning on creating a pirate, Swash is the way to go!

Ensign
Apr 26, 2011
Hi, on the spell 'Walk In Shadows' with my Swashbuckler companion Sarah Steele, I ordered her to use Walk In Shadows. I ordered her to move left, in the other player's turn, she hit my Sarah Steele. Is that spell meant to not even movein order to have it to work? Or... Does the spell not work in PVP? Help..

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
sarahbrown05 on Jan 2, 2016 wrote:
Hi, on the spell 'Walk In Shadows' with my Swashbuckler companion Sarah Steele, I ordered her to use Walk In Shadows. I ordered her to move left, in the other player's turn, she hit my Sarah Steele. Is that spell meant to not even movein order to have it to work? Or... Does the spell not work in PVP? Help..
You can't use walk in shadows and move in the same turn. What did the other player use to attack Sarah? You do realize that Sarah has repel boarders and if an enemy approaches her she will automatically attack. If your opponent was a swashbuckler also this would trigger a first strike.

Ensign
Apr 26, 2011
anecorbie on Jan 2, 2016 wrote:
You can't use walk in shadows and move in the same turn. What did the other player use to attack Sarah? You do realize that Sarah has repel boarders and if an enemy approaches her she will automatically attack. If your opponent was a swashbuckler also this would trigger a first strike.
Nope, the turn after I used it the opponent attacked and killed her Do you think it was a glitch?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
sarahbrown05 on Jan 4, 2016 wrote:
Nope, the turn after I used it the opponent attacked and killed her Do you think it was a glitch?
Was it an Area of Effect attack? If not, it may be a glitch which you should try to see if you can get it to happen again, to report it.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Only class I don't have. It's cause the play style is too hard for me, Not cause of the playstyle itself. But the companions. Crazed monquisitor? Is that a JOKE?. Yeah, One of my least favorite companions.

- Darkmoordude

Ensign
Dec 21, 2012
Morgan Lafitte on Mar 1, 2012 wrote:
Swashbucklers rely on speed and finesse in combat, sneaking up on their foes and striking from surprise, then dodging the enemy's attacks when they finally come. They are deadly with a blade, but not nearly as tough as a Buccaneer, sacrificing toughness for damage.

If you are a Swashbuckler, look for ways to boost your AGILITY

As a witchdoctor I don't move around in battle, but I got sooooo bored of not moving around to fight. So I got me some daggers that do a lot of damage from mooshu and got some good abilities in the Swashbucklers halls, and now I don't just stick around and be lazy in battle, Im actually very powerful in battle as a Swashdoctor (Witchdoctor/Swashbuckler).

Thank You

Lieutenant
Sep 14, 2015
Watch the P101 commercial. I think you'll find the Swashbuckler to be the coolest. That's pretty much a common theme throughout the whole game.

Cruel Connor Bowman, "" Swashbuckler

Petty Officer
Jul 22, 2014
I love Swashbuckler so much! It's just that there's one problem with Swashbucklers- which is that they don't have much health(especially for Fan Flanders and all the other Swashbuckler companions.

Ensign
Aug 05, 2010
allanontheseer on Oct 12, 2012 wrote:
love this class!

I tried all of them in beta, but none clicked me with me as much as swashbuckler. It's perfect :)
Yes, I do enjoy this class indeed as welll! :D

Ensign
Oct 29, 2012