Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What is a Swashbuckler?

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo?????? where are you guys?yar

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
yeah, this class is great! your not very tuff if your a swashbuckler, but the epic sword fighting skills make up for it

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Darlin Anna on Oct 13, 2012 wrote:
Can someone tell me if and when the swashbuckler can use heavy armor gear? I am level 14.
acually yeah! the swashbucklers can use heavy armor, they just have to get the power heavy armor 1 first.

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
fearless robert spencer, level 33 swashbuckler! whoop!! whoop!!

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
fearless robert sp... on Oct 19, 2013 wrote:
acually yeah! the swashbucklers can use heavy armor, they just have to get the power heavy armor 1 first.
Robert I'm being picky, but:
1) Swashbucklers cannot train in Heavy Armor talent to date, not even with practice points. Mine is 65th level.
2) The symbol for Buccaneer is . Colors are RED and blue.
The symbol for Privateer is . Colors are red and BLUE.
The symbol for Musketeer is . Even though the color is orange, GREEN, and yellow.
The symbol for Witchdoctor is . Colors are green and PURPLE.
The symbol for Swashbuckler is . Colors are GOLD and purple.

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Aug 14, 2013 wrote:
Your secondary stuff is in there too. Like my privateer learned the spooky talents as it boosts her healing. In her powers section you can see the spooky talents listed too. It lists everything you have trained. I do wish it had a marker on them though that told you where you learned it from if it wasn't from your main teacher.
Does that make better sense?
hello chrissy!

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Row4n412 on Oct 20, 2013 wrote:
Robert I'm being picky, but:
1) Swashbucklers cannot train in Heavy Armor talent to date, not even with practice points. Mine is 65th level.
2) The symbol for Buccaneer is . Colors are RED and blue.
The symbol for Privateer is . Colors are red and BLUE.
The symbol for Musketeer is . Even though the color is orange, GREEN, and yellow.
The symbol for Witchdoctor is . Colors are green and PURPLE.
The symbol for Swashbuckler is . Colors are GOLD and purple.
oh,sorry row! im not to expierenced with that whole"heavy armor " thing. sorry!

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
just got el toro and mustang sally! whoop whoop!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
fearless robert sp... on Oct 29, 2013 wrote:
just got el toro and mustang sally! whoop whoop!
Congrats and have fun with them. x Sally blows a kiss at Toro. x

Ensign
Dec 15, 2012
can swashbucklers use 2 swords not daggers but a sword in each hand I like the idea but is it possible for that to work with the swashbucklers stats and all that

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
Darlin Anna on Oct 13, 2012 wrote:
Can someone tell me if and when the swashbuckler can use heavy armor gear? I am level 14.
never.

Ensign
Dec 15, 2012
DashThunder on Nov 2, 2013 wrote:
can swashbucklers use 2 swords not daggers but a sword in each hand I like the idea but is it possible for that to work with the swashbucklers stats and all that
I new to the game and am not understanding the stats for each class yet

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
DashThunder on Nov 3, 2013 wrote:
I new to the game and am not understanding the stats for each class yet
See if this guide helps, check out more of the links there and see if that helps, if you have other questions, please ask more.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Blixet on Nov 2, 2013 wrote:
never.
No a Swashbuckler cannot but if it is just the look you like you can stitch the look of heavy armor onto your gear.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
DashThunder on Nov 2, 2013 wrote:
There are all kinds of weapons you can use that will give you your class damage boost. Just what you are looking for may be in the bazaar. Although you can use any weapon, it will just not have the extra boost or some of your powers may grey out with having a different weapon on. Also, you can stitch a weapon that you like better onto yours as long as it is the same type (slashy or slashy/& whatever your combo weapon may be). You can even stitch a higher weapon look to your weapon since the look is all you are getting. A pop up will warn you that you are going to a less powerful choice but it works fine. .
I hope this helps, if not please ask more.

Ensign
Dec 15, 2012
hi I have another question I like the sword and gun weapon which I believe the sword is stabby I not sure I saw a musketeer use it in pvp anyway I wanted to ask which class would benifet from it most I would like to go close combat and be able to shoot but which class should I be primary it between or which class would benifet from it most? and which class would u recommend me as a primary to use that stabby or slashy and gun weapon? I would like to go close combat and distant if that's possible as I like its bounty hunter style thx

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
DashThunder on Nov 9, 2013 wrote:
hi I have another question I like the sword and gun weapon which I believe the sword is stabby I not sure I saw a musketeer use it in pvp anyway I wanted to ask which class would benifet from it most I would like to go close combat and be able to shoot but which class should I be primary it between or which class would benifet from it most? and which class would u recommend me as a primary to use that stabby or slashy and gun weapon? I would like to go close combat and distant if that's possible as I like its bounty hunter style thx
Swashbucklers and Musketeers both boost from agility so you would get your bonus boost from any weapon that boosts from agility. They should be interchangeable. You will get an extra training bonus for using shooty weapons but just choose to train also in stabby weapons then you will get the training bonus for both.

Ensign
May 28, 2012
The swashbuckler is an amazing class, but I have noticed some problems with their moves. The one I have lost most to is the fact that the poison that blocks healing doesn't always work. When sombody uses a team heal it heals the entire team rather than everyone but the cursed, and when witchdoctors use a siphen spell it does work. One other problem is with the eagle shades that heal themselves will not stop healing even though they are cursed. KI please see if you can do anything about this. Thank you for taking this into consideration. I still love this class though.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
theloser213 on Nov 16, 2013 wrote:
The swashbuckler is an amazing class, but I have noticed some problems with their moves. The one I have lost most to is the fact that the poison that blocks healing doesn't always work. When sombody uses a team heal it heals the entire team rather than everyone but the cursed, and when witchdoctors use a siphen spell it does work. One other problem is with the eagle shades that heal themselves will not stop healing even though they are cursed. KI please see if you can do anything about this. Thank you for taking this into consideration. I still love this class though.
Yea that is a known bug that they are working on. It really would be cool if it worked right lol. Be a lot easier to farm those shades

Ensign
Feb 05, 2012
Swashbucklers are awesome, but I'm a privateer though. My friend Michale Iveson is a swashbuckler & his moves are so cool.

~Merciless Tristan Travis

Petty Officer
May 18, 2013
swashbucklers are really bad with health there easy to beat if you are a musketeerI'm a privateer i can heal i all ready passed this game waiting for new area.

Ensign
May 03, 2009
I love my swashbuckler my favorite moves are grand fanally and assassins strike those to together is like
P&J

I started off with the first buccaneer move so I can move anywhere on the map and decrease my enemy's accuracy which will help me dodge
And I'm working towards exclusive

-A level 55 swashbuckler

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
How much damage is poison meant to do? On my max swashbuckler it always does 165 when on more than 2, but it does 300 when on one target, someone help please.