Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What is a Swashbuckler?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Dec 04, 2011
Morgan Lafitte on Mar 1, 2012 wrote:
Swashbucklers rely on speed and finesse in combat, sneaking up on their foes and striking from surprise, then dodging the enemy's attacks when they finally come. They are deadly with a blade, but not nearly as tough as a Buccaneer, sacrificing toughness for damage.

If you are a Swashbuckler, look for ways to boost your AGILITY
yep not even close to a buccaneer

Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Swashbuckler Is my favorite class I have been most successful with it over my witchdoctor and privateer so keep being awesome all my great swashbuckling friends out there!

Ensign
Jan 12, 2013
Darlin Anna on Oct 13, 2012 wrote:
Can someone tell me if and when the swashbuckler can use heavy armor gear? I am level 14.
I also dont know when the swashbuckler can use heavy armor! Can someone tell when?

Petty Officer
Dec 28, 2012
I agree with speed switch except those aren't the types of the swashbuckler this is what I say:

the corsairs this is the type that are the most powerful
El Toro, Sarah Steele, Monkey king, etc

the ninjas these are the ones of the sneaky
Shiruku Neko, froggo villa, and ninja pig

the fencers these ones are the others
mustang sally, mustang toreador, etc

Ensign
Jun 30, 2013
I love being a Swashbuckler! Seems like no other class clicked to me like the Swashbuckler class did...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Abdiel The Cuban on Jul 20, 2013 wrote:
I also dont know when the swashbuckler can use heavy armor! Can someone tell when?
They cannot. Only Buccaneers and Privateers can use heavy armor. Sorry.

Ensign
Jul 06, 2013
Guys can someone please help me!

I made a swashbuckler a little while back. He is now level 14 . I left off on finding the map in Erebus with the Armada and Fin Dorsal. I tried it over 7 times and I die and I didnt even kill more than two people. My companions are up to my level or 2-4 levels down.

Anybody have any stardegies or tips or something to help me?

Thanks!

Wolf- Level 14 Swashbuckler

Ensign
Jun 30, 2013
Coldroplay on Aug 2, 2013 wrote:

I made a swashbuckler a little while back. He is now level 14 . I left off on finding the map in Erebus with the Armada and Fin Dorsal. I tried it over 7 times and I die and I didnt even kill more than two people. My companions are up to my level or 2-4 levels down.

Thanks!

Try taking down the minions first. Leave Fin and the Armada musketeer for last.

Use Walk in Darkness, poison, and then attack your enemy. (I forgot when Swashbucklers get poison, so I apologize if you don't have it yet.)

Use your Musketeer companions such as Bonnie Anne. Don't bother making them attack the Armada musketeer though, just let them wear down the others.

Once you do away with the minions, aim for Fin first, and then the Armada musketeer. I believe Fin has Repel Boarders and Cheap Shot, so it's not wise for you to move close to him.
Keep your ranged companions at the back.

Hm, that's all I can think of for now. Good luck! :)

Ensign
Jun 30, 2013
Abdiel The Cuban on Jul 20, 2013 wrote:
Actually, if you stitch items, it is possible to get heavy armor for your Swashbuckler. Stitching costs 100 crowns though, I believe. You can stitch items from Eloise Merryweather at Skull Island. :)

Ensign
Nov 20, 2012
Hey all of you Swashbucklers,
It's just amazing to hear you guys all like being a Swashbuckler. It was so hard to choose my class, but in the end I like my choice. After all, who doesn't want a mouse fencer when you reach i think level 5? I hope that in the end you enjoyed choosing to be a Swashbuckler.

From,
Fearless Melissa Evans, Level 7 Swashbuckler
Rebecca Chamberlin, Level 12 Swashbuckler

Petty Officer
Nov 21, 2012
Coldroplay on Aug 2, 2013 wrote:

Thanks!

1)I think your a little low leveled. Try some side questing.
2)Save the Armada Captain and Fin Dorsal for last.
3)Don't use your power moves (ex.sneak attack)until you get down to Fin and the Musketeer. If you only have 1, then use it on Fin.
4)Get help!

Ensign
Dec 23, 2012
i love being a SB
i forget wht other class i trained in
how can i find tht out
ty

Ensign
Jan 28, 2013
Swashbucklers rely on speed and finesse in combat, sneaking up on their foes and striking from surprise, then dodging the enemy's attacks when they finally come. They are deadly with a blade, but not nearly as tough as a Buccaneer, sacrificing toughness for damage.

awesomeness!!!!!!!!!! lvl 65 Tarlac Percy

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
BonneyOcean on Aug 10, 2013 wrote:
i love being a SB
i forget wht other class i trained in
how can i find tht out
ty
Push letter P to get your powers menu up. Then click on that little triangle in the upper right, I believe it has a lighting bolt on it. That will show you the list of things you have trained on although it does not break them down by class.

Ensign
Dec 23, 2012
ty Chrissy. The quick key is good to know.
I remember all the Talents I accepted :D Love them and use them. Can't wait to level to get more

I was looking for my secondary class tho.

Luisa

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Your secondary stuff is in there too. Like my privateer learned the spooky talents as it boosts her healing. In her powers section you can see the spooky talents listed too. It lists everything you have trained. I do wish it had a marker on them though that told you where you learned it from if it wasn't from your main teacher.
Does that make better sense?

Ensign
Dec 23, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Aug 14, 2013 wrote:
Your secondary stuff is in there too. Like my privateer learned the spooky talents as it boosts her healing. In her powers section you can see the spooky talents listed too. It lists everything you have trained. I do wish it had a marker on them though that told you where you learned it from if it wasn't from your main teacher.
Does that make better sense?
yes, I see it
ah, so maybe Buccaneer?
A Corsair Swashbuckler/Buccaneer - haha watch out lol

Ensign
Jun 03, 2013

This is my second choice, the first being witchdoctor. If my one friend ever plays, this is the class she wants.

Ensign
Jun 05, 2010
The swashbuckler class is so much fun! I loved the gameplay and how you could dodge enemies with ease.

Sly Austin Davenport, Lvl 65

Virtuous Maria Bowman, Lvl 65

Clever Dylan Parker, Lvl 8

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
Darlin Anna on Oct 13, 2012 wrote:
Can someone tell me if and when the swashbuckler can use heavy armor gear? I am level 14.
i dont think they can

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
TheDragonspyrePira... on Sep 21, 2013 wrote:
i dont think they can
You're right.

Ensign
Jul 06, 2013
Puppylove1021 on Sep 27, 2013 wrote:
You're right.
Any class can! Near the Kraken Skull tavern in avery court, go to the seemstress. Pick the apperance and stats of your armor. It costs 100 crowns though :l

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
you guys! if you want to learn swashbuckler stuff, than talk to a swashbuckler! and im a swashbuckler,level 33

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
LOVE this class! i really the asasins strike move! its epic!

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
knightslayer307 on Oct 15, 2012 wrote:
Hey i think that this class is good for those who dont like dying and starting over. you should get this class if you like using stategy over recklessness
nope. what i do is if my health is low, i do walk in darkness and a lot of other power ups that makes my pirate more powerful, and when the bad guys walk away, i strike! (only meant to use if all your companions are down)