Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What is a Swashbuckler?

AuthorMessage
Developer
Swashbucklers rely on speed and finesse in combat, sneaking up on their foes and striking from surprise, then dodging the enemy's attacks when they finally come. They are deadly with a blade, but not nearly as tough as a Buccaneer, sacrificing toughness for damage.

If you are a Swashbuckler, look for ways to boost your AGILITY

Ensign
Dec 11, 2008
oh yes i am loving this "class". going invisable and going past foes to strike the ones behind them, also the spaces i can move is awesome to boot. cant wait to lvl up more and see what else i can do :)

Ensign
Jan 11, 2012
love this class!

I tried all of them in beta, but none clicked me with me as much as swashbuckler. It's perfect :)

Ensign
Oct 07, 2010
Can someone tell me if and when the swashbuckler can use heavy armor gear? I am level 14.

Ensign
Jul 27, 2011
Darlin Anna on Oct 13, 2012 wrote:
Can someone tell me if and when the swashbuckler can use heavy armor gear? I am level 14.
They're not supposed to use heavy gear. Swashbucklers are light on their feet and having armor like that is not needed. However, if you want heavy armor, I am guessing that the Buccaneer trainer will have a talent that allows you to wear heavy armor. But again, Swashbucklers are NOT meant to wear heavy armor. It goes against the class.

Ensign
Oct 07, 2010
Thanks for answering my question, now that I think of it that makes sense.

Ensign
Mar 26, 2012
Does Walk in Shadows and all the other moves that hides your pirate only work if you don't move

Cass Underwood L14

Ensign
Jul 26, 2012
Cass Underwood on Oct 15, 2012 wrote:
Does Walk in Shadows and all the other moves that hides your pirate only work if you don't move

Cass Underwood L14
Hey i think that this class is good for those who dont like dying and starting over. you should get this class if you like using stategy over recklessness

Ensign
Jan 30, 2009
what did you guys spend your first training point on? Im thinking the heal from privateer would be nice because i dont have a companion with a heal yet at lvl 8 but Im unsure.

Ensign
Dec 11, 2008

Cass Underwood L14
walk in shadows works even if you move you stay invis in till you attack, i do recall i used a base attack not a skill and i remained invis not sure if it works like that i only use invis to boost sneek attack. but back to your question no, you do not have to stand still.

Community Leader

Cass Underwood L14
Walk in the shadows allows you to move around the board without being seen. Some walk in Shadows give boost to other attacks such as backstab. These types of powers only last so many rounds though if you attack an enemy you will giveaway your position.

Owner of Paige's Page Perilous Paige. "Honorary Black Cat of the entire Pirate 101 Fleet"
Ensign
Dec 11, 2008
warpax on Oct 15, 2012 wrote:
what did you guys spend your first training point on? Im thinking the heal from privateer would be nice because i dont have a companion with a heal yet at lvl 8 but Im unsure.
Ya first one was the heal I got second one was mighty struck from the bucks it add and extra 2 spaces to move and with the boost you already have you can move far and with jump talent there is no where you can't go.

Petty Officer
Oct 13, 2012

Cass Underwood L14
it hides you only if you don't fight i found that out by using walk in shadows then i attacked something in the presidio and then it attacked me

Ensign
Mar 26, 2012
Ooh, well then there is a bug.I was on a Monquistador ship the other day and I moved to the other ship and there was a Monquistador next to where I landed and it attacked me and I didn't attack it.

Cass Underwood L16

Ensign
May 28, 2009
I like the feel of playing this class, espicaly some of the abilities like throw knife and jumping. It's really kind of adventurous, being able to pull some of these moves.

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
warpax on Oct 15, 2012 wrote:
When I created my Swashbuckler back in the Alpha, I trained in Privateer's Heal.

Unless game mechanics and difficulty changed drastically, that one single heal can prove to be INVALUABLE. It is a VERY good talent to have.

Ensign
Oct 05, 2012
Ah yes "Swashbuckler" my favorite class indeed. The moves and strikes are marvelous and very canny.
Every move that I have acquired has been great one after another. Although I'm only lvl 20, I can see how Swashbuckling is my class of choice (Just like Balance was in Wizard101)

Ensign
Oct 14, 2012
when you pick your family were killed by an octopus does the game give you mustang sally as a companion?

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
I am not sure what the octopus death gives you as a companion.

With Hide in the Shadows, you can also cast healing spells and buff spells (non-damaging) without breaking stealth. Now I just need to confirm whether damaging spells break stealth. Which I will make a point in trying.

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2009
Xaviyn on Oct 24, 2012 wrote:
when you pick your family were killed by an octopus does the game give you mustang sally as a companion?
First by Octapus i think you mean sky squid and second you don't get Mustang Sally by the quest "So how'd you lose your parents"

These are the companions you get after the Presido dungeon.

Sky squid: Birgus Latro (Crab Thug)
Shipwrecked: Lucky Jack Russel (Dog Pirate)
Armada: Gespard De Vole (Guinnie Pig guard)
Storm:Milo Greytail (Rat something cant remember)
Mutiny:Dead Mike (Undead something can't remember)

Hope this helps.

Ensign
May 10, 2011
Yup i am a swashbuckler and i love it being a swashbuckler i love this class - Darling Lily Kelly - Level 8 Swashbuckler

Ensign
Oct 21, 2012
Being a Swashbuckler is the best! I love the spaces i can move and also how I can dodge many attacks the enemys throw at me. :D If your a swashbuckler to boost up your agility with your clothing!

Jacob Parker Lvl 9

Ensign
Oct 14, 2012
Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
I do have a question for you guys.

Your first spell is "Sneak attack." This graphic is nearly the same graphic used for all the upcoming back stab spells.

What I always wondered, and for some reason never been able to confirm, does hide in the shadows increase Sneak attack damage?

Ensign
Dec 15, 2011
sagehyuuga on Oct 16, 2012 wrote:
Ya first one was the heal I got second one was mighty struck from the bucks it add and extra 2 spaces to move and with the boost you already have you can move far and with jump talent there is no where you can't go.
I've used mine on witchdoctors, buccaneer and privateer that would give me an advantage from hitting from a distance and ability to heal myself or my companions. Swashbuckler's the bomb mates