Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What is a Witchdoctor?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
Stormy Autumn on Mar 4, 2013 wrote:
No, sorry.

The choice of how you lost your parents determines which companion you will get in the Presidio quest.
i know when it is thanks.

i put it in general terms to the person's question i was answering besides you still get w/e companion fairly early in the game so to me its a starting companion

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
Michael LifeSong on Oct 15, 2012 wrote:
Ah, witchdoctors. Even if they are a "witch" I find it enjoyable myself, even though I am a boy. Great class!
TeaMan123 witchdoctor is another name for shaman.
Either title basicly means the same, so you can call yourself a shaman.

Lieutenant
Mar 30, 2011
cam1109 on Jan 3, 2013 wrote:
GO WITCHDOCTORS! On a scale from 1-10 I think Witchdoctors are 9 and a half! Go Witchdoctors!
witchdoocters ARE kings kan po is awesome alomg with El toro they rule and witch docters are 10 and a half

Ensign
Feb 22, 2013
I am on my first character build and I chose Witchdoctor, I am currently lvl 26, and I have to say it is a ton of fun. I haven't had any real trouble with CR so far, but I still have a page or two worth of quests there to do. Too much traveling back and forth too....

I'm usually up for helping folks out on their quests, so keep an eye out for me

Ensign
Sep 02, 2012
When i had this class i loved it
It could do damage on multipule guys and kill them more best of all i liked the ghost wail it was cool

Chase Level 17

Petty Officer
Oct 13, 2012
Rainey015 on Mar 3, 2013 wrote:
why ruin a good thing
I love being a witchdoctor, the only thing I cannot understand is why we have "the fizzle". You do not see guns misfiring or blowing up, you do not see swords breaking, why then do we have to have the fizzle.
I do not see why we have to be disadvantaged, it is not like they cannot block when they want to. Magic is our weapon and defense why take a stratagy game and turn it into pot luck.
Maybe, on the more advanced spells, but even the basic ones, give us a break.
If you don't want witchdoctors in the game then why make them a main character. I was really enjoying this before the fizzle, it isn't necessary and very frustrating. You might as well just put a sign saying we won't let you win this one so don't bother.

Rainemiester.
fizzle is useful because when I was defeating a tengu sorcerer in mooshu they mostly fizzled

level 46 swashbuckler romantic nicole underwood

Ensign
Jun 10, 2012
Witch doctors get to summon characters on their side

Admin why are the skeletons so low below our lvls?

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
MistyTiger437 on Jun 11, 2013 wrote:
Witch doctors get to summon characters on their side

Admin why are the skeletons so low below our lvls?
it goes by how much will a witchdoctor has.

if you got low will you will have low level summons

Captain
May 16, 2011
This is by far my favorite class. I have soloed a lot of the game by using Witchdoctor. They. Are. AWESOME!

Captain
May 16, 2011
If you are a Witchdoctor and are doing Valencia, stay and farm Phule! It will help trust me.

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
oh the great arts better than a gun better than a sword better than both... better than a axe better then blades or daggers. my favorite attack is mounrsong its like summoning your own pet dragons :O i like the fact that it curses your ememys. on a scale on 1-10 it gets 10000000 two faced terry cog lvl 59 so close to 60

Ensign
Feb 14, 2013
Madame Vadima on Mar 1, 2012 wrote:
Witchdoctors are masters of the arcane, using the powers of hoodoo to rig the outcome of combat. While weak in a direct fight, Witchdoctors never fight fair - hexes that weaken foes, blasts of fire that strike at range, and summoned spirit allies all turn the odds in a Witchdoctor's favor.

If you are a Witchdoctor, look for ways to boost your WILL
i love withdoctors they are full of wisdom and magic they have spells that are strong! i am a level 55 witchdoctor witchdoctors unite! arrr you in the seven seas? (>.<) - charming coraline ainsley

Ensign
Dec 09, 2012
Witchdoctors are masters of the arcane, using the powers of hoodoo to rig the outcome of combat. While weak in a direct fight, Witchdoctors never fight fair - hexes that weaken foes, blasts of fire that strike at range, and summoned spirit allies all turn the odds in a Witchdoctor's favor.

I love being a witchdocter it is really fun and i like u as my teacher. Other people say u are creepy but i think you are cool :D i got a question though. Even though witchdocter is a "evil" class and everything, why is it stereotypically girls are all witchdocters? like most of the witchdocters that are enemys are girls. its like that same stereotype in w101 that most of the people in the life class are girls and most in death class are guys?

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
Rosabellexoxo on Jul 5, 2013 wrote:
I love being a witchdocter it is really fun and i like u as my teacher. Other people say u are creepy but i think you are cool :D i got a question though. Even though witchdocter is a "evil" class and everything, why is it stereotypically girls are all witchdocters? like most of the witchdocters that are enemys are girls. its like that same stereotype in w101 that most of the people in the life class are girls and most in death class are guys?
lol i never noticed this

That is a good point thou since in real life MOST witchdoctors are really guys now hoodoo/voodoo most higher ranked ones are female but in most tribes still to this day most WITCHDOCTORS are male.

Ensign
May 24, 2012
Petty Officer
Aug 04, 2010
Ensign
Jun 05, 2012
witchdoctors are by far the best school my brother is a swashbuckler but I don't like them.
lets create a club for all
an the chatting are could be here

vitruous Miranda sharp

Ensign
Jun 15, 2013
I believe we do start out weak but once we get into the high lvls we can be some of the most powerful players in the game.

lvl 53

Ensign
May 21, 2010
Is it me or do i always choose the school/class that is mostly unliked. Witchdoctor is a super cool school but it seems like people like up close combat a ton more. The same thing happens in Wizard101 because i love myth but more people fire or storm for the better damage. A lot of boss battles i have come out undamaged (but companions have) and killed the boss with my longe-ranged spells. I also find witchdoctor to be the "troll school in pvp. Since usually you will face any class other than witchdoctor you have a giant advantage. I forget what the spell is called but you get teleported because a crystal. I love to use that when close ranged people come close and go all the way across the board. It is so funny to see their reactions.

Gunner's Mate
Jul 03, 2011
The First Swashbuc... on Apr 4, 2013 wrote:
witchdoocters ARE kings kan po is awesome alomg with El toro they rule and witch docters are 10 and a half
Kan Po and El Toro are Swashbucklers......... I know that Witchdoctors get both of them but every other school gets El Toro too.......

Rachel - Level 47

Ensign
Jun 03, 2013

The best class by far :D I love to create skeletal pirates and transporting across the board.

Ensign
Oct 17, 2012
i love witchdoctors! i chose the witchdoctor class for my first pirate ecause of my love for wizard101! (P.S it really payed off)

Ensign
Apr 02, 2011
What would be the best duo? and is mine opinion. Just saying.

Ensign
Jun 05, 2010
I just recently maxed out my Witchdoctor and I loved playing it. Next I'll begin my musketeer, but the Witchdoctor class will always have a place in my heart.

Virtuous Maria Bowman, lvl 65

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
Michael LifeSong on Oct 15, 2012 wrote:
Ah, witchdoctors. Even if they are a "witch" I find it enjoyable myself, even though I am a boy. Great class!
A boy witchdoctor would be called a "warlock" instead of a "witch". And I agree. I think witchdoctor is the best class to play as. They can "cast spells" that linger, summon allies, and can hit multiple enemies with just their basic attack. Anyone who's been to Aquila knows how difficult it is to defeat a witchdoctor.