Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What is a Witchdoctor?

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
When you are a witch doctor look for ways to boost your will.

Ensign
Jun 26, 2010
In my opinion, witchdoctors have the best of everything. Hexes and jinxes for your enemy, attacks from afar, a decent resistance. I just love this class.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Nicolletti on Jan 12, 2015 wrote:
In my opinion, witchdoctors have the best of everything. Hexes and jinxes for your enemy, attacks from afar, a decent resistance. I just love this class.
Welcome to the Message Boards Nicolletti. I agree with you. My witchdoctor can totally kick some tush and my witchdoctor companions on my other pirates are just as full of tush kickery hoodoo.

Petty Officer
Sep 03, 2009
Ensign
Feb 22, 2014
witchdoctors rule because we don't even have
to move to beat opponents..

Ensign
Feb 15, 2014
Witchdoctor is awesome. (even though I only lvl 1 XD) Really excited to start :D plz friend (Jack lvl 1 witchdoctor)

Ensign
Feb 14, 2012
Shiningfantasia on Oct 19, 2012 wrote:
I first started with a Witchdoctor.

I love the immense number of spells they get, and they can even summon companions for the battle!

I was lucky enough to get to play with one of the KI's staff, who happened to be a very advanced Witchdoctor. I got downright jealous. (Because I chose to try the Swashbuckler, which I loved just as much.)

As it currently stands, I believe I will make and play a Swashbuckler, instead of a Witchdoctor. Another main reason for me having made a Swashbuckler to begin with was because I was unable to redeem my companion training points on my Witchdoctor, and was simply unhappy with the way I had spent them.
Yea I am a max swashbucklers trying to get a max witchdoctor he in cool ranch and are the best class

Ensign
Sep 08, 2015
Witches are absolutely awesome. Even though my first class was a swashbuckler (which was CENTURIES ago), I love the witchiness of all of us. It's impossible to get bored with this class, because there are MILIONS of strategies to try out. That's why i go with the three turn do nothing just for boosts. But then... Watch out fat samoorai.

Ensign
Sep 08, 2015
tonyjlott on Jul 2, 2015 wrote:
The truth has been spoken! Through battles none of my companions even move! And they're all witches!

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Witchdoctors are cool. But if you ignore sidequest companions you don't really have that much.

-Darkmoordude

Ensign
Dec 21, 2012
Pirate 101: Being and What is a Witchdoctor?

I am a witchdoctor myself. I am a level 29-30 witchdoctor. As a witchdoctor I think of using swords to boost my ability in close combat so I don't lose easily. I know witchdoctors are used for tricks and spells and unfair advantages, but when five enemies come close up to you and you don't have the teleportation spell. You should get a gun or a sword, maybe even a shield? I use swashbuckler moves for my character as I own a very power sword.

But with the sword, gun, or shield you'd think you wouldn't still be able to do witchdoctor spells. Well you can, you staff still goes in circles when you cast a spell and it hit your enemy but not as much damage you get using a staff because you have an out class weapon. Meaning, (if your class is a musketeer and you use a sword you wont put so much damage on that enemy, but with a gun you will put your average to normal damage).

A witchdoctor is fun because you get to learn what it would be like being a witch during times of pirate life. Even though magic is not real they would use medicines instead seeming like they are witches doing witchcraft. Though as in "Pirate of the Caribbean" The witchdoctor exploded making all she did to her enemies go to normal again like "Davy Jones".

In pirate 101 if you are all the different classes like privateer, you still can master the power of a witchdoctor.

Witchdoctors are masters of the arcane, using the powers of hoodoo to rig the outcome of combat. While weak in a direct fight, Witchdoctors never fight fair - hexes that weaken foes, blasts of fire that strike at range, and summoned spirit allies all turn the odds in a Witchdoctor's favor.

Witchdoctors master hoodoo and the dark arts. Through their training they can learn the Mourn song power which summons spirits to drain the health of their enemies.

Thank you!

Ensign
Aug 22, 2011
tonyjlott on Jul 2, 2015 wrote:
Yes!!!!!!!!!!! Level 50 witchdoctor here and I love it because in a lot of the easier fights, I stay back and send all my companions into the midst of things and cast from a distance, so I stay out of range of the enemies and never actually lose any health!!

Plus, Kan Po is my FAVORITE companion!! He's by far my most powerful companion - his weapon power is a good 30 points higher than mine is!

Ensign
Jun 30, 2013
does anyone know what a witchdoctor uses? weapon power or spell power

Ensign
Aug 13, 2014
Trickai on Jan 23, 2013 wrote:
In character creation I can see that you want Krokotopia and Born Spooky as your choices, but is there a difference in how you lost your parents? I have heard that it makes a difference in something but never found out what.
It makes a BIG difference! If you pick your parents getting eaten by a sky squid you will get Birgus Latro. If your parents were lost in a storm you will get Milo Graytail. If your parents were in mutiny you will get dead mike. If your parents were killed by the armada you will get gaspard de vole. Finally if your parents were shipwrecked you will get lucky jack russel

Ensign
Aug 13, 2014
Ensign
Nov 07, 2012
Lieutenant
Oct 26, 2013
a good class. fun to play. horrible in pvp.
i would like to see a bigger charm spell such as an area charm or being able to train charming gaze

Ensign
Jul 17, 2014
Tigerlover1912 on Jun 25, 2016 wrote:
It makes a BIG difference! If you pick your parents getting eaten by a sky squid you will get Birgus Latro. If your parents were lost in a storm you will get Milo Graytail. If your parents were in mutiny you will get dead mike. If your parents were killed by the armada you will get gaspard de vole. Finally if your parents were shipwrecked you will get lucky jack russel
For me Gaspard is the one for whichdocter

Ensign
Nov 23, 2011
Does anyone know what to focus on when ' building ' a witchdoctor? I know will is the main part but what about the others?

Ensign
Dec 21, 2016
I started with a witchdoctor and love that character. I have soloed my way up to level 68 and plan to take it all the way. I have lots of good spells for distance, and at a certain level I got some powerful swords for close fighting. I often use strong sword-fighters for companions in fights like Ratbeard, El Toro, etc. and then often use Bonnie Anne for good distance shooting. I like to stay back and help my companions with spells and healing, but I can use my swords or guns if enemies get close. This combination has carried me through many tough fights. My character never seems to hit back when hit, though.

I used practice points to get some healing spells from Privateer and a trap as well. This rounds out my witchdoctor, along with some strong pets.

Ensign
Feb 06, 2010
Ensign
Sep 28, 2016
I think its a good class, I'm pretty new to Pirate101 (I'm more of a wizard type of person ouo)

I instantly chose the WitchDoctor class. I love it!

Ensign
Dec 31, 2015
A witchdoctor is a someone who makes medicine,talks to spirits and some read future and the minds

Ensign
Jul 08, 2014
Madame Vadima on Mar 1, 2012 wrote:
Witchdoctors are masters of the arcane, using the powers of hoodoo to rig the outcome of combat. While weak in a direct fight, Witchdoctors never fight fair - hexes that weaken foes, blasts of fire that strike at range, and summoned spirit allies all turn the odds in a Witchdoctor's favor.

If you are a Witchdoctor, look for ways to boost your WILL
Is this just someway to get the hoodoo bundle for the will boost.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Valkoor Atworth on Apr 9, 2018 wrote:
Is this just someway to get the hoodoo bundle for the will boost.
There are many items in this game that can give you a Will boost besides buying the HooDoo Bundle - many of these items are found in the Tower of Moo Manchu.