Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pet Training Inefficiency

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
Hello all

I have recently been attempting to perfect my pvp pet for my swashbuckler. However, I quickly realized that pet training in pirate101 is an extremely time consuming process. Without spending excessive (2500+) amounts of crowns, its nearly impossible to max a pet in under 2 weeks. As a former wizard101 player, this realization disturbed me, due to the vast disparity in time necessary to train pets between the game.

To train a pet to mega in Wizard101 one needs (assuming 50 experience snacks are used and one fails the dance game intentionally)
125 experience from Baby to Teen: 3 games and 6 energy
250 experience from Teen to Adult: 5 games and 20 energy
500 experience from Adult to Ancient: 10 games and 60 energy
1000 experience from Ancient to Epic: 20 games and 160 energy
2000 experience from Epic to Mega: 40 games and 400 energy
In total: 78 games and 646 energy Each game takes 45 seconds, so one is spending approximately one hour to take a pet from baby to mega
Now even if we assume non-ideal conditions (25 experience snacks) one is still using 1292 energy.
Since energy gear is quite readily available, many wizards have 150+ energy. Thus, with ideal conditions and 150 energy, one needs 4 energy elixirs to fully train a pet in one sitting. This is a cost of 1000 crowns, assuming the player is not using strategies like Grub Guardian to receive free elixirs.

Now in pirate there are some training games that cost 500 to 1000 crowns to instantly complete. Taking a pet from 0-50 (5 talents/powers received like a wizard's mega pet) takes significantly more than the 1000 crowns it takes a wizard. Not to mention the extra 20 levels pirate pets have. I find this problematic. While I understand the pirate process can be used to train many pets at once, and that is greatly beneficial to some pet trainers, pet trainers like myself that only want one pet, whether it be for pvp or pve, and want it quickly are hindered by the inordinate amount of time or money required.

Thus, I propose an alternate method of pet training- similar to that of wizard101-be added to the game. It could utilize the many unused tents Circus Maximus and would feature world-themed pet games. This would allow pet trainers to rapidly level a single pet. This system would also greatly increase the sale of energy elixirs, increasing the profits of the game.

Thank you for your time

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Matthew525011 on Feb 20, 2017 wrote:
Hello all

I have recently been attempting to perfect my pvp pet for my swashbuckler. However, I quickly realized that pet training in pirate101 is an extremely time consuming process. Without spending excessive (2500+) amounts of crowns, its nearly impossible to max a pet in under 2 weeks. As a former wizard101 player, this realization disturbed me, due to the vast disparity in time necessary to train pets between the game.

To train a pet to mega in Wizard101 one needs (assuming 50 experience snacks are used and one fails the dance game intentionally)
In total: 78 games and 646 energy Each game takes 45 seconds, so one is spending approximately one hour to take a pet from baby to mega
Now even if we assume non-ideal conditions (25 experience snacks) one is still using 1292 energy.
Since energy gear is quite readily available, many wizards have 150+ energy. Thus, with ideal conditions and 150 energy, one needs 4 energy elixirs to fully train a pet in one sitting. This is a cost of 1000 crowns, assuming the player is not using strategies like Grub Guardian to receive free elixirs.

Now in pirate there are some training games that cost 500 to 1000 crowns to instantly complete. Taking a pet from 0-50 (5 talents/powers received like a wizard's mega pet) takes significantly more than the 1000 crowns it takes a wizard. Not to mention the extra 20 levels pirate pets have. I find this problematic. While I understand the pirate process can be used to train many pets at once, and that is greatly beneficial to some pet trainers, pet trainers like myself that only want one pet, whether it be for pvp or pve, and want it quickly are hindered by the inordinate amount of time or money required.

Thus, I propose an alternate method of pet training- similar to that of wizard101-be added to the game. It could utilize the many unused tents Circus Maximus and would feature world-themed pet games. This would allow pet trainers to rapidly level a single pet. This system would also greatly increase the sale of energy elixirs, increasing the profits of the game.

Thank you for your time
No more mind-numbing repetitive pet games!
This is what happens when players get in a rush and don't develop the necessary patience to get what they want. They start demanding short-cuts.
I find pet training effortless here inP101, and I don't spend crowns to "quick grow" or for an energy re-fill.
I don't like stopping whatever I'm doing to go train a pet in W101.
I like the fact that I can train while I'm off line and sleeping.
The Wizard method is onerous and boring.
Keep Pirate pets the way they are!

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
It does take a long time especially if you like it and then off of a sudden it gets a talent that is not what you want. You waste days and you have to start over. It can be awful in that way but as Esperanza says it is good that you can train while not logged in. Maybe putting in both options for training?

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
It could be that you just want what you are used to, which is understandable.

However, in Pirate101, mega snacks from huge factory gardens are not available. Mega snacks are only available from packs. Even if they were to introduce pet games as an option, keeping your pet supplied with energy AND megas will still cost many crowns.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
DuranteRamses87 on Feb 22, 2017 wrote:
It does take a long time especially if you like it and then off of a sudden it gets a talent that is not what you want. You waste days and you have to start over. It can be awful in that way but as Esperanza says it is good that you can train while not logged in. Maybe putting in both options for training?

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
I am still confused by the original post but I don't play Wizard 101. Regardless of me not understanding the idea, I do feel like both could be options.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Training pets in pirate is time-consuming? Not really. You tell them what to do and you go play the actual game, getting experience and making progress in the story line, rather than being trapped in the dullest darned games in the world (sorry, KI, but really, how many times can you shoot a pet out of a cannon and still be amused?) for a whopping 4 points if you're lucky, plus whatever snack you toss them.

I wouldn't mind being able to clean out my backpack by feeding the pet my unwanted gear, even if it was just for a couple of points or maybe to knock a minute or so off the time left in their training session if it's more than 10 minutes left, but I don't want to do those horrid games here, too.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
i like both ways however, pirates love their pet training, many wizards never get a mega pet let alone an ultra.. I never trained any of mine to ultra because i was so dissappointed they didnt learn another of their talents, nor earned a second jewel spot, only get a random jewel and I felt that was a waste of time.

in wizard because i garden, pet training is a breeze.. and much cheaper i can take any pet to epic in an hour
i do buy energy elixirs on there as well if i feel like taking them all the way.. also wizards have grubb guardian as a choice if not in mood to log in, and i still highly love that option. Grubb Guardian games are so fun xD I can play for hours not even to train pets but for the fun stuff i sometimes get. (not an expert here lol)

i quicktrain more often than not here on pirates.. i rarely have time to swap between pirates and since i'm a weapon hoarder, barely any room in my backpack for pets. taking a pet from hatchling to mega 65 takes roughly 40,000 crowns each just for reset and elixirs and snacks. It is punishing and expensive, however it is my choice because i'm too lazy to swap pets between pirates often and i hate to lose a pet. however dont change the system, add another option if you like, but i've heard too many pirates and wizards that become pirates statements and they all LOVE pirate pet training system.

things that could help: a pet training satchel added to our backpacks that holds 50 pets counts as 1 backpack item, a placeable home pet training stable counts as 1 item add 50 pets has its own energy meter, a pet house where you could build own mazes and obstacles allows you to run around with pets but has enough room for a zoo 500 pets allowed outside.

stormy jen silver

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Matthew525011 on Feb 20, 2017 wrote:
Hello all

Thank you for your time
Looking back at this post again, where are you getting all those 50 point snacks? And did you calculate the cost of all those mega snack packs into your crown costs? Mega snack packs alone cost a heck of a lot more than 1000 crowns, sorry.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
I don't know about a pet house but I like the idea of adding something that makes 50 pets count as 1 item. Don't doubloons already do that? If pets did that to that would help solve my storage problems on Pirate 101. That said, I don't think your equipped pet could count.

Community Leader
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Feb 26, 2017 wrote:
Looking back at this post again, where are you getting all those 50 point snacks? And did you calculate the cost of all those mega snack packs into your crown costs? Mega snack packs alone cost a heck of a lot more than 1000 crowns, sorry.
Due to the frequency of double gardening rewards, it's very possible to have hundreds of 50 xp mega snacks from plants. Unlike in pirate, wizards have ways of farming mega snacks (another issue in the game). I know many people who have full 999 stacks of 2 or more mega snacks. In my calculation, I was assuming ideal conditions. Since plants are quite easily farmed and multiplied nowadays, I did not and will not factor that into the cost since that is not a "cost" at all

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Matthew525011 on Feb 27, 2017 wrote:
Due to the frequency of double gardening rewards, it's very possible to have hundreds of 50 xp mega snacks from plants. Unlike in pirate, wizards have ways of farming mega snacks (another issue in the game). I know many people who have full 999 stacks of 2 or more mega snacks. In my calculation, I was assuming ideal conditions. Since plants are quite easily farmed and multiplied nowadays, I did not and will not factor that into the cost since that is not a "cost" at all
It is still a cost. You still need to invest the time and energy into getting all those snacks, which means you have to do the gardening. You need to acquire the initial seeds. You need to have somewhere to grow the plants. You need to be gardening when those double gardening rewards trigger to really take advantage of them. Where's the outlay for that figured in? Pet training and gardening both tap into the same energy pool.