Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Newsletter clues perhaps?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jun 12, 2011
I have thought about this for a few days. I thought I would throw this out there and see what a few people think.

In the newsletter of November and December there are (on the right side column) a Coral Widow (in Nov) above Gracie's head. To me for no apparent reason. Then a Hinterland Turtle (in Dec) about half way down the page. Which also is there for no apparent reason. Well, it seems that way to me. I'm sure that could be an oversight on my part.

The Hinterland Turtle I know is a CARD pet which we all seem to think will not be able to produce hybrids, but things are always changing around here. The Coral Widow I know everyone has been using because of the skitter/crawl hint also for what seems to be a color coded hint as well. I'm not saying to try these together, but maybe it is one parent of two different pets? Who knows, we are all in the thinking tank together here right?

Anyone else out there notice this? Hints maybe? Maybe not. Just seemed very very odd to me.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Wicked Savannah on Dec 3, 2014 wrote:
I have thought about this for a few days. I thought I would throw this out there and see what a few people think.

In the newsletter of November and December there are (on the right side column) a Coral Widow (in Nov) above Gracie's head. To me for no apparent reason. Then a Hinterland Turtle (in Dec) about half way down the page. Which also is there for no apparent reason. Well, it seems that way to me. I'm sure that could be an oversight on my part.

The Hinterland Turtle I know is a CARD pet which we all seem to think will not be able to produce hybrids, but things are always changing around here. The Coral Widow I know everyone has been using because of the skitter/crawl hint also for what seems to be a color coded hint as well. I'm not saying to try these together, but maybe it is one parent of two different pets? Who knows, we are all in the thinking tank together here right?

Anyone else out there notice this? Hints maybe? Maybe not. Just seemed very very odd to me.
Ooh nice find Savannah and it does kind of makes sense. I know that there was that thread a while back by Butterblitz that suggested Decius leaving hints for us in the Newsletter and Ratbeard even posted that it was a neat idea. So, your findings may just lead to a hybrid discovery.

Also the Hinterland Turtle kind of fits in with Decius' "No Hint Here" clue and turtles do crawl, as coral widows do skitter as well. So, maybe this is the right recipe after all. I'll give it a few tries tonight after I wrangle up a couple pets. Oh wait, actually I don't have a Hinterland Turtle yet, I thought I did but it actually turned out to be a Celebration Turtle. So, I will have to get my hooks on one first. But when I do, I'll get to morphin'.

Thanks for sharing!

Petty Officer
Jun 12, 2011
Being a highly energized Pet Crazed Pirate, I thought I would put that out there into the mystic world of the pet wranglers.

To me they do seem to be in an odd placement with no real reason why they are there. I have tried the two together a few times with no luck so far. I do not think they would give us both parents as a hint, but perhaps one parent in two different possible pets.

If anyone else has any other suggestions, let's here what you can cook up. Maybe we can figure this one out.

Decius, are we hot or cold?

Lieutenant
Feb 15, 2014
maybe a spider with two balloons
we could call it the impatient floating spider

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Noble Arthur Fairl... on Dec 6, 2014 wrote:
maybe a spider with two balloons
we could call it the impatient floating spider
Now that sounds like a fun idea. I will see if Hep can get us a floating spider at some point.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Decius Duelmaster on Dec 8, 2014 wrote:
Now that sounds like a fun idea. I will see if Hep can get us a floating spider at some point.
Yea cross a floating turtle and a spider and voilà

Community Leader
Now that would be cool, a turtle with balloons that is.

However, Decius did say no card pets have hybrids, so any card pets should be discounted. But Tawny Sky Turtle should be PERFECT! Mix it with a Bumbaloon because they're full of gas like balloons are.....

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Lieutenant
Feb 15, 2014