Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Morphing Problem?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 10, 2011
Anyways I bred my ostrich with a crimson crawlie to get a blue ostrich.

It didn't work! It said Ostrich x Any pet but I got another crawlie.

Does it depend on the pet or something? Do the pets have different chances to get it?

Im not sad about losing gold because I still have a decent amount left, but I don't want to try again because I might lose more gold.

Any help?

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Pony Lover1234 on Aug 4, 2015 wrote:
Anyways I bred my ostrich with a crimson crawlie to get a blue ostrich.

It didn't work! It said Ostrich x Any pet but I got another crawlie.

Does it depend on the pet or something? Do the pets have different chances to get it?

Im not sad about losing gold because I still have a decent amount left, but I don't want to try again because I might lose more gold.

Any help?
You can get a blue ostrich with that combination, but you won't always get the hybrid each time you morph. Keep trying, you'll get it eventually.

Ensign
May 10, 2011
Thanks for the advice!

I tried again, didn't get it but I'll keep trying.

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
As with any morph ( except a few small exceptions)
Pet A + Pet B = Pet A or Pet B.
If there is a hybrid from the combo it looks like this.
Pet A + Pet B = Pet A or Pet B or Pet C.

I hope that clears it up for you.

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2012
Decius Duelmaster on Aug 4, 2015 wrote:
As with any morph ( except a few small exceptions)
Pet A + Pet B = Pet A or Pet B.
If there is a hybrid from the combo it looks like this.
Pet A + Pet B = Pet A or Pet B or Pet C.

I hope that clears it up for you.
Also, don't forget that certain hybrids can only be obtained by the parents that make them (i.e. Grimtooth Reaper, Bullrog, Skyrime Minotaur). If you were to morph with a Grimtooth Reaper with another pet, there would be no possible chance that you could get the Grimmy. However, you could get Pet A or one of Pet B's (The Grimmy) parents. There aren't a lot of hybrids like this, so this is just to keep in mind.

Pet A + Pet B = Pet A or Pet B's parents

-James

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
ElijahWaterVault on Aug 5, 2015 wrote:
Also, don't forget that certain hybrids can only be obtained by the parents that make them (i.e. Grimtooth Reaper, Bullrog, Skyrime Minotaur). If you were to morph with a Grimtooth Reaper with another pet, there would be no possible chance that you could get the Grimmy. However, you could get Pet A or one of Pet B's (The Grimmy) parents. There aren't a lot of hybrids like this, so this is just to keep in mind.

-James
Very true, but that is for the pet morphing 201 class.
:)
Some of you lucky pirates will have to discover things from pet morphing 301 302 and about 305 I think to get some of the new ones. Oh we are tricky this time around.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
Decius Duelmaster on Aug 5, 2015 wrote:
Some of you lucky pirates will have to discover things from pet morphing 301 302 and about 305 I think to get some of the new ones. Oh we are tricky this time around.
so in theory a pet a + pet b= pet a, b, c, or in special cases parents of a or b? or in these certain specialities wherein one would normally get pet a or b parents we might actually get pet d? as in if both pets used were ones that don't direct morph and usually divide into parent sets.. might now produce pet d? and pet d be an even rarer more amazing pet?!? oooo
stormy jen

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2012

-James

Quick Note:

You are much more likely to get Pet A than Pet B's Parents. However it is all a matter of luck, so it just depends on what the game gives you.

Community Leader
Decius Duelmaster on Aug 5, 2015 wrote:
I bet that's the case for the purring hybrid. Boy, this will take a while lol!

PS: The swimming hybrid hint was for the Grouper right? Or is it a different swimming pet entirely?

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Admiral
May 30, 2010
ElijahWaterVault on Aug 8, 2015 wrote:

-James

Quick Note:

You are much more likely to get Pet A than Pet B's Parents. However it is all a matter of luck, so it just depends on what the game gives you.
How do you determine which pet is A and which is B? That is, is A the first guy on the ring and B the second?

Lieutenant
Nov 21, 2010
Kelsey Fireheart on Aug 11, 2015 wrote:
I bet that's the case for the purring hybrid. Boy, this will take a while lol!

PS: The swimming hybrid hint was for the Grouper right? Or is it a different swimming pet entirely?
I am sure that there are more swimming hybrids then just a Grouper waiting to be found :)

Sincerely,
Stubborn Duncan Freeman