Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Story Thread 5: More Musings

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 07, 2012
Super Witchdoctor on Apr 19, 2014 wrote:
Oh i have been looking forward to this hehehe.

1. Will there be any armada companions, like a crazed armada soldier than wants to work 4 me?
2. Do you think that Pirates visiting ravenwood would be likely?
3. Krok, soon?
4. Do you expect to make more hoard packs?
5. Will we see more of Deacon?
6. In book 16/17, Will we see a fight with a elite armada member (That woman) (who i call Quine)
7. Would you expect El dorado at Book 28/29/30
I can answer most of these questions

2. Not likely, but who knows...

3. We will find out...

5. He has already played his part in the story

6. I think we will, Blind Mew said we will find out in a good time. But we might not fight her... ...she is the queen, wouldn't she be under extreme guard?

7. There is only going to be 20 books in the the first story arc, so It could happen in book 19-20. But again, who knows...

Ensign
Jul 16, 2008
MarleybonePatriot on Apr 26, 2014 wrote:
I think it's the other way around, actually.
1. Before Napoleguin, Polaris was ruled by the Walrus Tsars. 'Tsar' is a Russian-based title, coming out of the Roman 'Ceasar', which was used in Russia and other Slavic nations before the beginning of the Russian Empire in 1721.
2. The Revolution on which Napoleguin rose to power is called the Penguin revolution, suggesting a Penguin-based revolt.
3. In Valencia, the Stormgates, and the Puppet Shows, Russian-based architecture is usually shown, meaning that Russia has more influence on architecture in Polaris than France.
Thus, we can bravely say that the rule of Polaris was in Walrus and Polar Bear hands before the revolution, during which the Penguins and Napoleguin rose to power.
Now, you still don't explain the true reason why Casimir would entrust his entire military force to an individual known for being a traitor. I mean, sure, I would understand making him an advisor or some General, but a freaking Supreme Commander? That's like entrusting Benedict Arnold the entire British colonial force in America simply because he betrayed the patriots.
Well you have to remember that Beaksmark could start a civil war after Kane's rise to power, and that he would be the deciding factor, not the king. The puppet show really doesn't help the view on Polaris because they just showed one general location. The Stormgate icon also tells the same story, ad you could compare it to MooShu. MooShu's icon is Maruzame, again, just one location. However, this could also further the France theory. Other than the huge red structure, which is obviously Russian, but the smaller blue structure next to it vaguely resembles the Eiffel Tower. Now back to the Casmir argument. If he really was to give the Clockworks to Beaksmark, other than hating Napoleguin, it would be because of revenge. In the Polarian War, Napoleguin pretty much betrayed all of Valencai, Marleybone and Monquista. Now here's my theory. In the last part of the puppet show, Rook shows up with Clockworks while the Polar Bears and Red Coats were about to attack Napoleguin. Casmir might have entrusted Beaksmark with Rook and the others because he would know the time and place of Napoleguin being freed in Polaris. After the freedom in Fort Elena, Kane might have gotten word from possibly Phule or someone that heard it from him that Napoleguin was free yet again. Since it worked the first time, Kane entrusted Beaks mark not with Rook, but the Queen this time since Rook was busy in MooShu at the time, Deacon was at Cool Ranch, and Bishop was at Marleybone. This time however, he sent more support think we would interfere with his plans in Polaris. Of course, the Tsars would help want to rule again.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Krokenguy on Apr 20, 2014 wrote:
Blind Mew has said that Phule isn't always the most reliable source... Still, it would be interesting, not that Fernando and Isadore don't already hate us, and wouldn't need another reason. Marleybone would probably be who they would tell, and it would probably be deduced that WE started the war, that is IF Phule tells anyone.
Of course he is not the most reliable source, but need I say that Phule WAS watching the PC and the crew help Napoleguin escape from Fort Elena? He might be not as bright as the other Clockwork Elites, but he would be the one to piece it all together and report this directly to the Kane and the Armada's Elites, but not to Marleybone, mind you, when he leaves the prison during the attack the PC arranged.

If you would took a close look at Deacon's letter to Kane, which was intercepted by Boochbeard, you would notice that he had seen the pirating activity in Monquista, because this led me to thinking that he was in Monquista, leading to proof that the some of the Armada troops were in that world at one time or another.

Also, the former rulers of Monquista, Isadore and Fernando, were corrupt, and were attempting to "silence" the scandal that was brought up to them because Gortez went "ape" on them, so to speak, and the fact that the PC were involved in this scandal that was so big to them, that it would tarnish their reputation, remember? They didn't take that response quite well. And remember, they were "...getting paid a million bananas..." to ignite their civil war in their favor because they wanted the PC dead, as One-Eyed Jack said in the game in Book 8's start when Mustang Sally was imprisoned in Fort Elena after trying to free Napoleguin in that Marleybonian prison, under Gortez's orders. They were their primary target after they heard that the PC were helping the Opposition after the PC had avoided their deathly decree in Zenda back in Book 3.

That's what would spark much more of those plot twists in the game's first major storyline arc, and I would imply that these kind of plot twists would happen.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Krokenguy on Apr 24, 2014 wrote:
One idea I have is that Gracie Conrad could figure out how to separate Phule's two personalities into two seperate clockworks. We would have to defeat the bad one, and then recruit the good one, or at least have him be a recurring NPC that helps us in our fight against the Armada, although it seems to me that Phule's good side really just likes to watch us stir up trouble.
No offense, but I don't think that's how it really works. Phule does switches personality sides, but he still poses a threat to the PC, even though we haven't fought him... yet. He wouldn't even be on our side, even his "good" side, as well. And, as for Gracie, I wouldn't expect her to be that surprised about Phule when he would be ripped in half after we destroy him, which we may get the chance someday.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
MarleybonePatriot on Apr 19, 2014 wrote:
This begs the question: what would the Armada take out of reinstating Fernando's and Isadore's rule? Although Monquista is considered a great naval power by all worlds, Valencia being an exception, and has a very strong presence in Skull Island, it is extremely weak and, to be honest, non-important to all other empires.

I mean, look at the Isle of Doom: Monquista's source of gold, and, by extent, it's power. Their greatest explorer and conqueror, Gortez, went off and made a kingdom of his own, while the Armada effortlessly excavates relics from the Ancient Ruins, violating Monquista's territorial integrity, and Monquista doesn't even realize this! All the Armada wants from Monquista, it already has.
Which brings me to my own idea of a future book: Say Gortez, or maybe even Eleanor, brings up the issue of the Armada's presence on the Isle of Doom. Taking offense at this...political insult, and wanting to help his followers, who are still in the Valley of the Gold Monkey, Gortez, with possible aid from Napoleguin, declares war on Valencia.
The Spiral would be thrown into another great war, reigniting the Golden Age of Piracy, and bringing Monquista and Polaris back into play! Imagine what could happen! A Monquistan Flotilla going through Avernus, into Valencia, and liberating Sivella, and so much more!
The reason of this would be, El Dorado's vast power and fortune, and that would be what would the Armada take out of reinstating Fernando and Isadore's rule. That would be how I envisioned when they team up when the Armada would bring them out of exile.

That place is much, much, MUCH more than just a big pile of gold and treasure, and it would be that if these ex-rulers were to hear of this and get their hands on it, they would be... well, extremely powerful and wealthy, even much more so than the other Monquistans themselves, even if it means teaming up with those that seek to find it, which would be Kane and the rest of the Armada.

Gortez and his followers had gotten a taste of the Armada after they invaded the Isle of Doom for the relics that harbors inscriptions and connections to that place, and the fact that his "children" would stay there and, to quote Gortez, "...fight on against the Hollow Men.". He mentioned the Clockworks, so it is with my understanding that Gortez saw those Clockwork Armada troops as his enemies when they invaded it, even if the Monquistan royals and it's former rulers were not noticing that happening. All they care about is the fortune they found in that island at the time.

Can you imagine this kind of plot twist happening?

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
genericpirate786 on Apr 20, 2014 wrote:
I can answer the first one for Blind Mew since he said it all other times when it was asked. No. Now in my opinion, the closest think to an Armada companion is the Nutcracker one due to the animations it has.
It's not an Armada Companion, it's a holiday Companion. Totally unrelated.

Blind Mew said enough of any Armada troops being one of the Companions.

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
genericpirate786 on Apr 27, 2014 wrote:
Well you have to remember that Beaksmark could start a civil war after Kane's rise to power, and that he would be the deciding factor, not the king. The puppet show really doesn't help the view on Polaris because they just showed one general location. The Stormgate icon also tells the same story, ad you could compare it to MooShu. MooShu's icon is Maruzame, again, just one location. However, this could also further the France theory. Other than the huge red structure, which is obviously Russian, but the smaller blue structure next to it vaguely resembles the Eiffel Tower. Now back to the Casmir argument. If he really was to give the Clockworks to Beaksmark, other than hating Napoleguin, it would be because of revenge. In the Polarian War, Napoleguin pretty much betrayed all of Valencai, Marleybone and Monquista. Now here's my theory. In the last part of the puppet show, Rook shows up with Clockworks while the Polar Bears and Red Coats were about to attack Napoleguin. Casmir might have entrusted Beaksmark with Rook and the others because he would know the time and place of Napoleguin being freed in Polaris. After the freedom in Fort Elena, Kane might have gotten word from possibly Phule or someone that heard it from him that Napoleguin was free yet again. Since it worked the first time, Kane entrusted Beaks mark not with Rook, but the Queen this time since Rook was busy in MooShu at the time, Deacon was at Cool Ranch, and Bishop was at Marleybone. This time however, he sent more support think we would interfere with his plans in Polaris. Of course, the Tsars would help want to rule again.
Once again, you've summed it up nicely
Of course Beaksmark would have to earn King Casmir's trust before gaining control of the armada, but any info that could help defeat Napoleguin would have been accepted at all cost. I think the Russian Revolution may be the best historical event that could describe how this all began. The Bolsheviks (in this case the penguins) were formed to overthrow the Tsar (the walruses); but as the Bolsheviks gained more power, they became just like monarchy the Cossacks and Russian sailors (the polar bears and puffins) helped them to defeat. So as the Polarian War was at its peak, the polar bears and puffins realized that the penguins, specifically Napoleguin, had gained too much power and revolt sprang up; at which point Beaksmark gained control of the armada and snuck them or forced them into Polaris. Then after the war ended, Beaksmark's Bismarck reference comes into play and uses the armada to create a "better Spiral". Casmir may have accepted the idea at first but may have started to question the excesses of Beaksmark's strategy; thus leading to him betraying Casmir, perhaps even imprisoning him. Several years later, the story of the PC begins.
I sure hope Mew see my initial idea and what we've done to clarify and revise the fine points. My thanks to those who've helped to make this scenario work

Ensign
Jul 16, 2008
Trimond297 on Apr 27, 2014 wrote:
It's not an Armada Companion, it's a holiday Companion. Totally unrelated.

Blind Mew said enough of any Armada troops being one of the Companions.
Even though it is a holiday companion, the animations do resemble those of an Armada Musketeer. Plus, it was merely speculation due to the information I gained from the page on Central

Petty Officer
Aug 27, 2010
genericpirate786 on Apr 27, 2014 wrote:
More evidence to support that Polaris is more Russian: In Sivella, there are four columns, fashioned to look like architecture from the four imperial powers under valencia. Polaris' column is styled after Russian architecture.
Napoleon never betrayed anyone. The four imperial powers were always at odds, napoleon just took it to the next level by trying to conquer all of them.
Why entrust Beaksmark with Rooke? Why not just let Beaksmark lead the Armada to the location, while Rooke would just lead the Armada to victory?
Bishop wasn't in Marleybone until the arrival of beachhead into Westminster Skyway.
Also, remember that the clockworks and the members of kane Court are kind of autonomous, and, at least for Kane's Court, act like independent individuals. I don't think Rooke or the Queen would let some Penguin 'control' them.

Petty Officer
Aug 27, 2010
Trimond297 on Apr 27, 2014 wrote:
The reason of this would be, El Dorado's vast power and fortune, and that would be what would the Armada take out of reinstating Fernando and Isadore's rule. That would be how I envisioned when they team up when the Armada would bring them out of exile.

That place is much, much, MUCH more than just a big pile of gold and treasure, and it would be that if these ex-rulers were to hear of this and get their hands on it, they would be... well, extremely powerful and wealthy, even much more so than the other Monquistans themselves, even if it means teaming up with those that seek to find it, which would be Kane and the rest of the Armada.

Gortez and his followers had gotten a taste of the Armada after they invaded the Isle of Doom for the relics that harbors inscriptions and connections to that place, and the fact that his "children" would stay there and, to quote Gortez, "...fight on against the Hollow Men.". He mentioned the Clockworks, so it is with my understanding that Gortez saw those Clockwork Armada troops as his enemies when they invaded it, even if the Monquistan royals and it's former rulers were not noticing that happening. All they care about is the fortune they found in that island at the time.

Can you imagine this kind of plot twist happening?
And why would the Armada let Isadore and Fernando team up with Kane? They're useless to him, nothing but pawns in his grand game of chess, or checkers.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
MarleybonePatriot on Apr 28, 2014 wrote:
And why would the Armada let Isadore and Fernando team up with Kane? They're useless to him, nothing but pawns in his grand game of chess, or checkers.
The Armada had been trying to get the Map pieces from the PC by far, and from the looks of things, they'll no doubt uncover new ways to get the pieces from the PC and find the rest of the Map pieces yet to be discovered, even if it means bringing the corrupt ex-rulers of Monquista out of exile. Besides, if the others were to figure this out, the Elites would scour through and find any contacts that have been affiliated with the PC in the past and utilize them to further Kane's game in the process, examples given, Isadore and Fernando, who were rulers of Monquista until Gortez won the civil war with Napoleguin's help.

You just never know if they might go for digging up new pieces, or pawns, to Kane's grand game and placing them in. Just know this, these kind of villains would go to any length just to accomplish their goals. Don't doubt that. Same goes for others who think otherwise.

Ensign
Nov 25, 2012
Most good questions on this thread- and on all of your story threads- end in an inevitable "That would be telling" probably the reason why this is my first story thread post. My questions are all about what is happening in your head when you "That would be telling" us.

Is it hard to keep the secrets secret? I have a hard time simply not telling my brother about every story detail in the game, and I even know that he'll slap me in the face and accuse me of bragging that I'm further along in the game than him! Do you want to say "That would be telling" any more than we want you to?

Second, how many of the guesses you receive are correct? I'm looking for a percentage- are a lot of people at least part right, or are few even close? Speaking of guesses, I'm guessing about 7% of assumptions are part right.

Third, are you open to putting fan ideas in the game? I have Phule's cheats all mapped out on my computer, and would be thrilled to have at least one of them added to the battle.

That's all for now, but I assure you, I will have more questions in the future.

Cunning Nicholas Sharp, Level 29
Two-Faced Israel Jordan, Level 10

P.S. You should name story thread #6 "This is Getting Overwhelming"

Ensign
Jul 16, 2008
More evidence to support that Polaris is more Russian: In Sivella, there are four columns, fashioned to look like architecture from the four imperial powers under valencia. Polaris' column is styled after Russian architecture.
Napoleon never betrayed anyone. The four imperial powers were always at odds, napoleon just took it to the next level by trying to conquer all of them.
Why entrust Beaksmark with Rooke? Why not just let Beaksmark lead the Armada to the location, while Rooke would just lead the Armada to victory?
Bishop wasn't in Marleybone until the arrival of beachhead into Westminster Skyway.
Also, remember that the clockworks and the members of kane Court are kind of autonomous, and, at least for Kane's Court, act like independent individuals. I don't think Rooke or the Queen would let some Penguin 'control' them.
By betraying, the puppet show stated that when Napoleguin took over the Polarian navy, attacking Valencia, Marleybone, and Monquista, the worlds that used to be allies to Polaris. Beaksmark would be entrusted with Rooke because of the element of surprise. Napoleguin would never suspect his ally controlling Clockworks of all things. I can see where you're coming from with them not wanting someone controlling them, but I couldn't think of a better word. Now Bishop would already be in Marleybone at the time because Kane would probably send him there as soon as he got word that a war was started. One of the things Avery said about Kane is that he was smarter than anyone that was still alive, so sending someone to Marleybone quickly would be a good idea.

Ensign
Jul 16, 2008
Kane would only use them through their greed, which would make them search for the El Dorado map for him and his Armada. As soon as he gets what he wants, he would toss them aside making them even more enraged at the player for the amount of wealth they were denied an enormous amount of wealth since we all know Kane would blame us as to why the monarchs won't see El Dorado.

Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2014
I have a few questions you might be able to answer, Blind Mew.

1: Can you list some of the things you CAN mention involving Book 15? Like a part of what it'll be about, or when it might come out, et cetera?

Now, you did say you do not talk schedule and "That would be telling", but is there anything you CAN mention about Book 15 and probably when it MAY come out? I do not expect a straight answer from you, just so you know. Big or small info, it all helps either way! (Curse my anxiety making me moody...)

2: Do you recommend I play Wizard101 as well?
I'm getting the sudden urge to play it, but I cannot play it, because I cannot have both memberships at the same time, it must be one of the other. Oh, and were you once a Wizard101 developer until Pirate101 came to life?

3: If you had a Dollar for every crash you found testing the game, how many Dollars would you have?
I really wanted to ask this question for no reason. :P

4: What are some of the Game Worlds you guys scrapped?
Juuuust curious why. I mean, it'd be kind of nice to know what Worlds you guys scrapped and don't plan to bring back in many years or ever.

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
perhaps, but when you push a pawn far enough it can become something more powerful.

Petty Officer
Aug 27, 2010
Trimond297 on Apr 29, 2014 wrote:
The Armada had been trying to get the Map pieces from the PC by far, and from the looks of things, they'll no doubt uncover new ways to get the pieces from the PC and find the rest of the Map pieces yet to be discovered, even if it means bringing the corrupt ex-rulers of Monquista out of exile. Besides, if the others were to figure this out, the Elites would scour through and find any contacts that have been affiliated with the PC in the past and utilize them to further Kane's game in the process, examples given, Isadore and Fernando, who were rulers of Monquista until Gortez won the civil war with Napoleguin's help.

You just never know if they might go for digging up new pieces, or pawns, to Kane's grand game and placing them in. Just know this, these kind of villains would go to any length just to accomplish their goals. Don't doubt that. Same goes for others who think otherwise.
Although I'm sure the Armada has no boundary in it's attempts to seize the pieces of the map, do not confuse such boundary-less effort with allying themselves with mere pawns. Fernando and Isadore have no value to Kane. Their reign is broken, the Noble Houses no longer support them, and Valencia doesn't even recognize Monquista as an imperial power. Furthermore, with the Valencian-Marleybonian War dragging along much longer than Bishop predicted, Valencia might have a hard time establishing new regimes in other nations.

Petty Officer
Aug 27, 2010
genericpirate786 on Apr 29, 2014 wrote:
By betraying, the puppet show stated that when Napoleguin took over the Polarian navy, attacking Valencia, Marleybone, and Monquista, the worlds that used to be allies to Polaris. Beaksmark would be entrusted with Rooke because of the element of surprise. Napoleguin would never suspect his ally controlling Clockworks of all things. I can see where you're coming from with them not wanting someone controlling them, but I couldn't think of a better word. Now Bishop would already be in Marleybone at the time because Kane would probably send him there as soon as he got word that a war was started. One of the things Avery said about Kane is that he was smarter than anyone that was still alive, so sending someone to Marleybone quickly would be a good idea.
Marleybone, Monquista, Valencia, and Polaris were never allies. They were rivals, competing for power and wealth. Although there was a mighty alliance during the Polarian Wars to defend against Polaris, it quickly fell apart after Napoleguin was captured and imprisoned.
Bishop couldn't have travelled to Marleybone. Unlike Cool Ranch or the Isle of Doom, Marleybone has a stable and powerful government. It would be closed off to Bishop until a Valencian foothold was established in the Queen's Skyways. Thus, Bishop simply couldn't have gone into Marleybone without Beachhead.

And, again, why would King Casimir give Beaksmark control over Rooke, when Rooke can control himself quite fine? It would be far more logical to give Beaksmark partial command of the Armada, then give him fire him and give him some sort of noble title as a reward.

Petty Officer
Aug 27, 2010
genericpirate786 on Apr 29, 2014 wrote:
Kane would only use them through their greed, which would make them search for the El Dorado map for him and his Armada. As soon as he gets what he wants, he would toss them aside making them even more enraged at the player for the amount of wealth they were denied an enormous amount of wealth since we all know Kane would blame us as to why the monarchs won't see El Dorado.
Once again, Isadore and Fernando have no way to search for the map. They no longer have an empire, a navy, or any support in Monquista. They are powerless, and have no value.

Petty Officer
Aug 27, 2010
Blixet on Apr 30, 2014 wrote:
perhaps, but when you push a pawn far enough it can become something more powerful.
I think you're taking the chess metaphor a little too far.

If not, please explain.

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
MarleybonePatriot on Apr 30, 2014 wrote:
I think you're taking the chess metaphor a little too far.

If not, please explain.
Well, first of all, there is no such thing as chess taken to far. Anyway, what I was trying to say was that just because isadore and fernando are no longer the power in the throne, that doesnt mean they have no loyal nobles, soldiers, or citizens left. specifically, the monquisition, a monquistan organization almost if not just as powerful as the crown will likely use them as puppets for whatever they desire. the armada, in turn, may use the monquisition. however, you have a good point that the armada has put in HUGE effort to the war with marleybone, they may not have time for negotiations with monquista. . . . then again, what better way to turn the tide in a war than to call in some new allies?

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
MarleybonePatriot on Apr 30, 2014 wrote:
Marleybone, Monquista, Valencia, and Polaris were never allies. They were rivals, competing for power and wealth. Although there was a mighty alliance during the Polarian Wars to defend against Polaris, it quickly fell apart after Napoleguin was captured and imprisoned.
Bishop couldn't have travelled to Marleybone. Unlike Cool Ranch or the Isle of Doom, Marleybone has a stable and powerful government. It would be closed off to Bishop until a Valencian foothold was established in the Queen's Skyways. Thus, Bishop simply couldn't have gone into Marleybone without Beachhead.

And, again, why would King Casimir give Beaksmark control over Rooke, when Rooke can control himself quite fine? It would be far more logical to give Beaksmark partial command of the Armada, then give him fire him and give him some sort of noble title as a reward.
I'll see if I can answer that question once and for all.
Beaksmark's control over the armada would only go as far as compelling their eternal obedience, specifically the elites. The clockworks still have the artificial intelligence to handle their own in battle. The common clockworks take their orders from Kane and the other elites because of their programming, but Beaksmark controls the intentions of the elites. He makes sure that Kane is the one seen as the only ruler of the armada only to cover his own tracks. Beaksmark probably silenced King Casimir and any others, one way or another, shortly after betraying them and faked his own death to remove any trace of his involvement.

Petty Officer
Aug 27, 2010
Blixet on May 1, 2014 wrote:
Well, first of all, there is no such thing as chess taken to far. Anyway, what I was trying to say was that just because isadore and fernando are no longer the power in the throne, that doesnt mean they have no loyal nobles, soldiers, or citizens left. specifically, the monquisition, a monquistan organization almost if not just as powerful as the crown will likely use them as puppets for whatever they desire. the armada, in turn, may use the monquisition. however, you have a good point that the armada has put in HUGE effort to the war with marleybone, they may not have time for negotiations with monquista. . . . then again, what better way to turn the tide in a war than to call in some new allies?
I do not find it likely that Fernando and Isadore will have enough supporters to aid in a war effort. The Noble Houses, such as the Ortega's, all support Gortez now, and since all Monquistan's are members of one House or another, it means that an extreme majority, if the entirety of Monquista, supports Gortez.
The Monquisition, as told to us by Gortez, is in chaos after the Seed Heresy began to make flight. In fact, it seems to be experiencing one of the greatest crisis in it's history.
So, as you can see, even if Fernando was able to scrounge up some supporters, it would be nowhere near the amount needed to actually help Valencia, which probably doesn't even need allies. Even after Trafalgar, Valencia is still superior to Marleybone in all fields, have more stormgates, better troops, better technology, and a better economy, along with a lack of any rebellion. Furthermore, Marleybone is actually losing a major trade ally, Mooshu, which could prove devastating.

Petty Officer
Aug 27, 2010
Serpent10611 on May 1, 2014 wrote:
I'll see if I can answer that question once and for all.
Beaksmark's control over the armada would only go as far as compelling their eternal obedience, specifically the elites. The clockworks still have the artificial intelligence to handle their own in battle. The common clockworks take their orders from Kane and the other elites because of their programming, but Beaksmark controls the intentions of the elites. He makes sure that Kane is the one seen as the only ruler of the armada only to cover his own tracks. Beaksmark probably silenced King Casimir and any others, one way or another, shortly after betraying them and faked his own death to remove any trace of his involvement.
Their eternal obedience, eh? Doesn't it seem like quite the opposite? Kane is actively destroying historical records and landmarks in Aragon, while Phule seems to be show much more...independent thoughts. It seems unlikely that several elite clockworks, led by a being 'ten times smarter' than any living being, would be manipulated by a Penguin, no matter how smart he is.

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
MarleybonePatriot on May 3, 2014 wrote:
Their eternal obedience, eh? Doesn't it seem like quite the opposite? Kane is actively destroying historical records and landmarks in Aragon, while Phule seems to be show much more...independent thoughts. It seems unlikely that several elite clockworks, led by a being 'ten times smarter' than any living being, would be manipulated by a Penguin, no matter how smart he is.
There's no persuading you is there? Come on, work with me here. 'long sigh'
Alright, try thinking of it this way. Kane is only claimed to be greater than any living being. It even said in the puppet show "They say Kane is stronger, smarter, and faster..."; but who other than the inventor and King Casimir have seen him long enough for him to prove it, and/or live to tell about it? The rest of the armada would obviously bolster about their so-called "greatness", as we've seen with Bishop, so they don't count. For all anyone knows, Kane's "greatness" is just exaggerated and bragged about. Besides, if the armada is controlled by a central control system, anyone who gains control compels their obedience no matter what. And like I said, anyone else closely involved would have been imprisoned and/or silenced one way or another.
Now, I also said that Beaksmark was using the armada to build a better Spiral, so destroying historical records and landmarks are his way of removing any trace of the "ancient regime" (old order). Phule's "independent thoughts" is just a case of good-cop/bad-cop, but he's still loyal. His 'bad-cop' side wants the PC terminated immediately to remove the threat. His 'good-cop' side wants the PC to live only long enough so we can recover the rest of the map and then have us terminated. He knows full well that our actions are a threat to the elites, but it only encourages them to improve their defenses, strategies, and perhaps forces them to play a waiting game.