Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Who would be the best crown shop companion for me?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 24, 2020
Hey! I recently acquired some crowns and decided to grab myself a companion. I'm a Privateer with a game style focusing on buffing my companions. Thanks in advance for any help!

Dull Duncan

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Hi there - what level is your pirate? That should let us know what Crown Shop companions may have already been unlocked for you.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Chiraffe on Mar 17, 2020 wrote:
Hey! I recently acquired some crowns and decided to grab myself a companion. I'm a Privateer with a game style focusing on buffing my companions. Thanks in advance for any help!

Dull Duncan
Welcome to the message boards, Dull Duncan! As a privateer who focuses on buffing companions, then just about any of the crown shop companions would work for you. Ask yourself just where your crew seems weakest - do you need more firepower? then Pepe Le Torteaux ( Louis' CS twin ) would be great. Needing more melee muscle? How about Egg Shen's twin, Zang Sha, or Temujin?
There are even some excellent privateer companions, like Sargent Shepard or the Helephant Destroyer.
If you want more swash power try Lucy Sterling or Ridolpho Cappoferro.
You could even wait until the Christmas in July event and buy the Spirits of Yuletide pack that gives 3 very good companions ( privateer mouse, swashbuckler cat & buccaneer dog ).

Community Leader
Wagyu Sanjuro or Temujin

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Ensign
Feb 24, 2020
Willowydream on Mar 17, 2020 wrote:
Hi there - what level is your pirate? That should let us know what Crown Shop companions may have already been unlocked for you.

I am currently around the level of 42. I'm okay with suggestions from further within the game as it gives me something to work towards! (other than the end)