Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Should I do a Witchdoctor?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 11, 2012
Hello Everybody!

I've played Wizard101 for the past couple of years, but I believe its time to change it up a bit. Pirates it is! Yarr!

Anyways, I've been considering playing a witchdoctor. But here is the question: Should I? I understand that all classes are different, and they all their own advantages/weaknesses, styles, strategies and whatnot. I've already created the character, and it seems interesting. But, I know plenty of our fellow pirates out there have created this class, and I wish to have their opinions about it!

Sincerely,
The Phantom

Wicked Gabrielle Everhart - Level 1 Witchdoctor

Ensign
Mar 02, 2013
YES do it!!! Absolutely worth it. My favorite class :)
Noble Taylor level 70 ~~

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Yes, you should -- and you should create a Buccaneer, and Muskeeteer, etc. My first pirate is a Witchdoctor, and she's my go-to, but I enjoy playing all of my characters.

All of the classes are so different, and the team make-up is different as you recruit different companions and do different quests for them. It really helps your thinking on all pirates to have used the other classes' powers and teams.

Enjoy sailing the skyways, whatever you choose!

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
The Phantom on Jul 29, 2016 wrote:
Hello Everybody!

I've played Wizard101 for the past couple of years, but I believe its time to change it up a bit. Pirates it is! Yarr!

Anyways, I've been considering playing a witchdoctor. But here is the question: Should I? I understand that all classes are different, and they all their own advantages/weaknesses, styles, strategies and whatnot. I've already created the character, and it seems interesting. But, I know plenty of our fellow pirates out there have created this class, and I wish to have their opinions about it!

Sincerely,
The Phantom

Wicked Gabrielle Everhart - Level 1 Witchdoctor
Hello Phantom. My story is the same as yours... Wiz101 to Pirate101... so I took the logical path and went right for the "magic user" angle. I now have a max level Witchdoctor and I gotta tell you, it was a lot of fun getting him here. As you've probably noticed, the combat system is quite a bit different. Much better if you ask my opinion. So are a lot of other aspects of the game that "sort of" crossed over from Wiz. But as far as choosing a Witchdoctor as your first pirate I say go for it. You probably won't be disappointed. But by all means, don't ignore the other classes. I now have one of everything and they're all fun to play in their own different ways. Just like Wiz!

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
As a witchdoctor, it was rather a challenging and interesting storyline. This class have been, working on my guile side as a player. It was the hardest class, in my opinion to play as a character. Although, I have been defeated a lot of time, later on this class got better and stronger with healing abilities and lots of practice. I'm nearly max as a and half way done in Aquila.

For this class, I would say go for it. If you want a challenging storyline, and an interesting pirate character.

Ensign
Aug 11, 2012
TucsonWizard on Jul 29, 2016 wrote:
Hello Phantom. My story is the same as yours... Wiz101 to Pirate101... so I took the logical path and went right for the "magic user" angle. I now have a max level Witchdoctor and I gotta tell you, it was a lot of fun getting him here. As you've probably noticed, the combat system is quite a bit different. Much better if you ask my opinion. So are a lot of other aspects of the game that "sort of" crossed over from Wiz. But as far as choosing a Witchdoctor as your first pirate I say go for it. You probably won't be disappointed. But by all means, don't ignore the other classes. I now have one of everything and they're all fun to play in their own different ways. Just like Wiz!
That is exactly why I wanted to chose the witchdoctor! I wanted to still be a magic using class. I also enjoy the combat system a lot. I enjoy that there are a lot of more things you can do on the playing board vs just picking cards on Wizard101. It is different then I expected, but it is very enjoyable.

To those who replied, I've decided to do the witchdoctor class, guys! You all convinced me So far I am loving it!!! I can't wait to continue in the future! Thank you for your feedback! See you in the spiral!

Sincerely,
The Phantom

Wicked Gabrielle Everhart - Level 9 Witchdoctor