Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Scripts

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 01, 2014
Now, I'm confused about how scripts work. I know that they are used for the Black Market and that Dockmaster Dan gives you 125 of them for startup and the introduction to the Black market, but really the only thing you can afford is towels so it makes me think you either can earn scripts or buy them like crowns. So how does one get more scripts?

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
kyrad7167 on Mar 22, 2015 wrote:
Now, I'm confused about how scripts work. I know that they are used for the Black Market and that Dockmaster Dan gives you 125 of them for startup and the introduction to the Black market, but really the only thing you can afford is towels so it makes me think you either can earn scripts or buy them like crowns. So how does one get more scripts?
Its Scrip, not Scripts, and you get it by defeating ships and doing the smugglers arena.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
kyrad7167 on Mar 22, 2015 wrote:
You get them by sinking ships in the skyway, the further you are from Skull Island, the more likely ships will drop 'scrip'. Also, turrets and boss ships have scrip drops. Remember you must sink a ship for a chance for scrip. There is also a housing item in the crown shop: the Smuggler's Arena which awards scrip: be warned its really hard and may result in 'bed rest' for most of your crew. There's one other way to earn scrip: The Smuggler's Cove House has a wishing well that sometimes gives scrip.
So far these are the only ways to gain scrip.

Lieutenant
Jul 11, 2009
You can fight in the Arena / an area you purchase from the crown shop and place in your home to earn scrip
or you can SINK ships to earn some. It is a very SLOW process so do not expect to get thousands of scrip fast.
It will take you a while to gain a lot / and yes it is supposed to be a SLOW process.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 05, 2015
You can either fight against very tough enemies in the smugglers arena or farm ships.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
The earliest opportunity to get Scrip from ships is in Monquista, so free-to-play is out of luck. If you have access to Tierra Primata Skyway, I'd suggest farming either El Cid's ship or El Sombrero Amarillo, since boss ships have a slightly greater chance to drop Scrip for you. Getting a friend or two to help you sink ships makes it all go faster.