Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Regarding Pack Companions

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jun 10, 2013
I had a quick question that crossed my mind tonight that I thought I would post in hopes of an answer. Isn't it true that the Ashes Of The Armada, Grizzly Beast, and Tribal Crew give you 7 items per pack? If that is true it crossed my mind there are 4 companions available from the Ashes Of The Armada Pack, 5 companions available from the Tribal Crew Pack, and 6 companions available from the Grizzly Beast Pack, because all companions amounts per pack are below the 7 items you obtain per pack, would it be theoretically possible to open only 1 of each pack and get every one of the available companions from that pack? Is there a limit coded in so that can't happen or is there a very small chance it could?

I hope someone from Kingsisle could answer this question if it hasn't been answered already.

Maybe this would be a good #AskKi question for the August 2018 Kingsisle Live.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Aug 13, 2018 wrote:
I had a quick question that crossed my mind tonight that I thought I would post in hopes of an answer. Isn't it true that the Ashes Of The Armada, Grizzly Beast, and Tribal Crew give you 7 items per pack? If that is true it crossed my mind there are 4 companions available from the Ashes Of The Armada Pack, 5 companions available from the Tribal Crew Pack, and 6 companions available from the Grizzly Beast Pack, because all companions amounts per pack are below the 7 items you obtain per pack, would it be theoretically possible to open only 1 of each pack and get every one of the available companions from that pack? Is there a limit coded in so that can't happen or is there a very small chance it could?

I hope someone from Kingsisle could answer this question if it hasn't been answered already.

Each pack has more than 7 items, that's why it's hard to recruit the companions. And the chance is random, also, the chance resets per pack you buy. In other words, it doesn't mean that after you buy x amount of packs the next pack is sure to bring up a companion.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
RRRRZZZZ419 on Aug 13, 2018 wrote:

I'm no KI employee, but I do have an answer for you.

From my understanding, each slot in a pack has a predetermined "rarity" of item that is allowed to drop in it. Companions are of the top-tier rarity, much like permanent mounts from packs in Wizard101, so it's impossible to receive all pack companions in one purchase since not enough spots in the pack allow an "epic" tier item to drop. That being said, I believe it's only possible to get one "epic" drop at a time, and that's not even guaranteed.