Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Our characters should blink thier eyes.

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
It kind of looks like awkward when no one (us, the enemy, our companions etc) dont blink. Adding a blinking feature would be amazing and give more realism. I mean our characters do a lot of stuff already, so why not blink?

This would also mean I would not lose all the time whenever I do a staring contest with my pirate...

Petty Officer
Mar 29, 2012
Golden Guardian on Dec 16, 2013 wrote:
It kind of looks like awkward when no one (us, the enemy, our companions etc) dont blink. Adding a blinking feature would be amazing and give more realism. I mean our characters do a lot of stuff already, so why not blink?

This would also mean I would not lose all the time whenever I do a staring contest with my pirate...
Hi,

I would like that to, It gives more realism yes I really like the idea, Good one Pirate!
and its fair then to do a staring contest maybe add a staring contest at pirate? with all pirates! like PVP hahah

Blaze

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
I don't think they even blink in wizard101. Although I don't see them adding this it would just be a small cosmetic effect really.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Golden Guardian on Dec 16, 2013 wrote:

Lol, "Staring contest", now that's funny. I suspect it is just an idle feature they didn't add because all those little touches eat up bandwidth. It's also my theory for why so many companions that should have tails don't. Animating all those extra tails would use up computer capabilities. All that stuff has to be generated from somewhere. Now, mind you, this is only my theory so I would welcome any input from a programer to let me know if I am close or not.

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
I wouldn't say none of the companions blink... Subodai and the rest of the Amberhorde can blink, and so can Bonnie Anne, I think (either that, or her animation where she inspects her musket fooled me lol). I could be wrong, but I think those are the only 2 lol

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
You know what? You are absolutely right. I totally forgot that. I have even had countless screenshots ruined because someone blinked. Wow I can't believe I totally blanked that out (or maybe I blinked it out )
Well caught Bell.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
I think some dogs in MB blink, too.

Lieutenant
May 24, 2009
I don't really know much about computer stuff, but it may be difficult for KingsIsle to implement blinking, because with every single players eyes blinking repetitively, it may cause some lag in the game. Like when going from area to area would take more time, or things like that. Again, I may be completely wrong and have absolutely no idea what I am talking about

Have a Piratey Holiday! Lvl 65

Petty Officer
Jan 01, 2013
Earlier today I just noticed that. Some npcs and companions do blink, and some don't.

Ensign
Dec 23, 2012
It seems like a lot more work and I cant say I really hope to see hat in the game I know why I just don't really want it

Captain
May 13, 2011
i dont think pirates blink at any time. if they hit, get it or even KOd, their eyes are wide open. when i think about it, its a little creepy when KOd pirates still have a casual face like they werent even hurt. you know, you cant really blink when enemies are almost everywhere in the skyways

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
i know this is a little weird but because the characters creepily dont blink oddly i can relate since i only tend to blink minimumly creepy little fact i know but it helps me relate to the main pirate since he is a silent protagianist like gordan freeman from the half life series.