For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

List of all female companions across the classes.

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jan 17, 2012
672
I admit that I dearly LOVE Bonnie Anne's cynical nature. And her third promotion quest in Marleybone...outstanding!

I also love her speech when we enter the area to take on the beacon. "WE did this!" She was always uncomfortable with some of their actions, like kidnapping the Governor's daughter. She is also the best musketeer by far.

I honestly don't mind additional female characters, but if they get put it, they should be put in for a very good reason, not because we don't have enough of them. Honestly, I think we have more than enough companions.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10358
Max DeGroot on May 17, 2017 wrote:
I admit that I dearly LOVE Bonnie Anne's cynical nature. And her third promotion quest in Marleybone...outstanding!

I also love her speech when we enter the area to take on the beacon. "WE did this!" She was always uncomfortable with some of their actions, like kidnapping the Governor's daughter. She is also the best musketeer by far.

I honestly don't mind additional female characters, but if they get put it, they should be put in for a very good reason, not because we don't have enough of them. Honestly, I think we have more than enough companions.
The only statement I disagree with is that "we have more than enough companions".
I believe we should have more companions, as I'm tired of seeing the same old faces; I want to see new bundles & packs with wonderful companions to recruit, new storyline with new wonderful companions for our classes & a few universals.
Yar, the more the merrier, says I!
P.S. and if a few of those new companions are female, so much the better!

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
672
anecorbie on May 17, 2017 wrote:
The only statement I disagree with is that "we have more than enough companions".
I believe we should have more companions, as I'm tired of seeing the same old faces; I want to see new bundles & packs with wonderful companions to recruit, new storyline with new wonderful companions for our classes & a few universals.
Yar, the more the merrier, says I!
P.S. and if a few of those new companions are female, so much the better!
The problem with having so many companions is that in order to tell which ones fit your play best, you have to keep them all at the same level. After all, you can't fairly compare a companion at level 64 with one still at 32 simply because you didn't want to spend gold to get more training tomes. It's an expensive proposition.

My usual method is to use a companion in my main group as long as the level I got them (usually 1 or 2 levels higher than my pirate) is higher than my highest. I then start drifting them downward in rank, comparing the special powers they have. The more, the better.

But I can only compare them fairly if they are at the same level. The more companions I have, the harder that becomes.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10358
Max DeGroot on May 18, 2017 wrote:
The problem with having so many companions is that in order to tell which ones fit your play best, you have to keep them all at the same level. After all, you can't fairly compare a companion at level 64 with one still at 32 simply because you didn't want to spend gold to get more training tomes. It's an expensive proposition.

My usual method is to use a companion in my main group as long as the level I got them (usually 1 or 2 levels higher than my pirate) is higher than my highest. I then start drifting them downward in rank, comparing the special powers they have. The more, the better.

But I can only compare them fairly if they are at the same level. The more companions I have, the harder that becomes.
Then compare them when you recruit them; at that point they're 1-2 levels above you. That's what I did before moving them to Keel Hawlin'.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
2053
Max DeGroot on May 18, 2017 wrote:
The problem with having so many companions is that in order to tell which ones fit your play best, you have to keep them all at the same level. After all, you can't fairly compare a companion at level 64 with one still at 32 simply because you didn't want to spend gold to get more training tomes. It's an expensive proposition.

My usual method is to use a companion in my main group as long as the level I got them (usually 1 or 2 levels higher than my pirate) is higher than my highest. I then start drifting them downward in rank, comparing the special powers they have. The more, the better.

But I can only compare them fairly if they are at the same level. The more companions I have, the harder that becomes.
This quandary - the optimal crew size - could very well be the biggest sticking point going forward for the game. Those of us who want a huge random crew to work with and those who only want "the best and brightest." Perhaps Kingsisle was a little over-zealous in giving us so many companions in the early worlds and now they don't know how to slack off?

Updates over the years have tried to address the balance among the already-existing hundreds of companions, and what to do with the ones that were unwanted by so many players. First we had Benching, then we could assign them to tasks, and finally, we can basically trash them by placing them on "housing item" duty. Bed Rest is STILL a huge bone of contention for many who only want to use their favorite three for everything they do because they never learn to use anyone else. How were the designers to know that so many choices was a bad thing?

Every new Companion that gets added will have huge expectations to live up to after the Contessa in Valencia II, and introducing companions simply for the story without due thought as to how players will use them has got to be tremendously difficult. Can you imagine all the work that goes into creating a new companion only to have people complain about everything from its gender to the clothes it wears, much less calling it useless, etc.?

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
524
I don't really think companions are a bit of a problem. There are a lot of great female companions, and from what I see pirates utilise them a slight bit more than male companions. (I think this is due to swashbuckler being the most populated class, and thus we have a lot of Sarah steeles and Fan Flanders being utilised, alongside contessa and bonnie anne). Musks and Privy's also have female companions that nearly everyone of that class uses (Chantal and the marionechess) in every battle. The only class I see really having a mostly male squad is the Buck class, and actually witches at times too. I don't really care about the genders of non-humanoid companions like sharks and fishes, it seems pointless. They are on the same scale of pets imo, even if scratch refers to them as "he" most people consider them an "it". So although there maybe a lot more male companions, most of them are boring and everyone uses a lot of female companions in battle so imo the issue is not too bad at all.

I do agree with Valkoor though, there is barely any female bosses. The only thing that pops up in mind is Queen. Just Queen. Out of 70 levels of storyline, the only formidable female boss I can think of is Queen. We have Fin, Buck Bronco, Gortez, Phule, Captain Blood, Deacon, General Tso, Mazurame Castle guardians, Bishop, Rooke, Antinous, DoD, Santa Rana, The Minotaurs, Hysskios, Commander Typhon, Kane, Moo Manchu, millions of male side quest bosses and other male storyline bosses too. Oh Medea and medusa just popped into my head, but they are not worthy at all. P101 needs more female villains, not companions.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
672
anecorbie on May 18, 2017 wrote:
Then compare them when you recruit them; at that point they're 1-2 levels above you. That's what I did before moving them to Keel Hawlin'.
That's the point! You can't accurately compare them precisely because they are 1-2 levels above you or any of your companions. You have no idea what additional powers your companions will get in those additional levels.

Lieutenant
Jan 23, 2011
110
anecorbie on May 17, 2017 wrote:
The only statement I disagree with is that "we have more than enough companions".
I believe we should have more companions, as I'm tired of seeing the same old faces; I want to see new bundles & packs with wonderful companions to recruit, new storyline with new wonderful companions for our classes & a few universals.
Yar, the more the merrier, says I!
P.S. and if a few of those new companions are female, so much the better!
I cannot click Yar enough for this post. I would love to see more companions in anyway and more female companions would be really nice to see.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10358
Wolf Fire Bane on May 3, 2017 wrote:
I am looking to create a list of all obtainable female companions and looking for help in doing so. So, which classes have which companions and who are the universals?
Congratulations on your first post becoming a "Hot Topic"!

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
603
anecorbie on May 15, 2017 wrote:
It's beginning to look like we've started "FYI, my 10 year old daughter says" pt2.
Somehow I remember that thread... Despite my first post being in December 2015.

Ensign
Dec 12, 2012
13
Willowydream on May 3, 2017 wrote:
Bonnie Anne - All
Chantal Livingstone - Musketeers
Contessa Argento - All
Eagle Archer - Musketeers
Fan Flanders - Swashbucklers
Gracie Conrad - All
Jane Canary - Privateers
Lucy Sterling - All via Crown Shop
Mustang Sally - Swashbucklers
Nadya - Buccaneers
Nausica - All via Bundle
Nurse Quinn - Swashbucklers
Sarah Steele - Swashbucklers
Serpent Augur - Witchdoctors
Shiruku Neko - All (via side quest)
The Marchioness - Privateers
Zeena - All (via side quest)

As you can see, 17 out of over 200 - a woeful lack of female representation, if you ask me. Swashbucklers are in the lead. Several of us have been mentioning the topic over the years. Maybe an all female squad in the next booster pack?

(I didn't list the Battle Angel, ostensibly female but a clockwork, nor the companions from the packs, as getting them is by chance and their gender is not easily determined.)



(Edit: Thanks, @anecorbie - I missed Musang Sally!)
I'm a female myself, but not offended about how most of the companions are males. Honestly, it makes since. We're talking about a pirate world, not a fairy land.

And btw - you also forgot to spell "Mustang*" right in your little note.

You forgot about the Magnificent 7, they have that peacock girl and that other musket. (I'm not sure if other classes get that companion, all I know is that swashbucklers get the Buffalo Bill guy.)

See you in the spiral!!

Stormy JuliaDove, Level 46

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10358
Katie LifeSword on Jun 24, 2017 wrote:
I'm a female myself, but not offended about how most of the companions are males. Honestly, it makes since. We're talking about a pirate world, not a fairy land.

And btw - you also forgot to spell "Mustang*" right in your little note.

You forgot about the Magnificent 7, they have that peacock girl and that other musket. (I'm not sure if other classes get that companion, all I know is that swashbucklers get the Buffalo Bill guy.)

See you in the spiral!!

Stormy JuliaDove, Level 46
Wild Bill Peacock isn't a girl, so I don't know why you would think so. If you've read this post carefully, you'll notice that Jane Canary is the only Magnificent 7 companion who is female.
Again, some people are completely ignorant about the fact that there were more women being pirates than is usually depicted in movies.
"Not a fairy land".
Yet it is a modern game set in a fictional world being played by girls & women who would like to see more female companions. Having to justify this perfectly reasonable request does offend me.
And you used the wrong word - 'since', you meant sense. Unless you have perfect grammar and spelling, you shouldn't criticize an obvious typo, since Willowydream spelled it correctly in her list.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10358
I decided to do a break down of the current female companions according to their class. Of the 19 female companions:
7 are Swashbucklers.
5 are Musketeers
4 are Privateers
2 are Witchdoctors
1 is a Buccaneer ( Nikeeta the Skarakeet )
Maybe we should have more Witchy & Bucky Female companions?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
2053
anecorbie on Jul 1, 2017 wrote:
I decided to do a break down of the current female companions according to their class. Of the 19 female companions:
7 are Swashbucklers.
5 are Musketeers
4 are Privateers
2 are Witchdoctors
1 is a Buccaneer ( Nikeeta the Skarakeet )
Maybe we should have more Witchy & Bucky Female companions?
And we assume Nikeeta is a female why? The quest dialogue gives no clue.

But, thanks for sorting them. I agree that we should have some gal buccaneers. Perhaps Erika the Red?


Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10358
Willowydream on Jul 2, 2017 wrote:
And we assume Nikeeta is a female why? The quest dialogue gives no clue.

But, thanks for sorting them. I agree that we should have some gal buccaneers. Perhaps Erika the Red?

Nikeeta is a female name ( Russian, I believe. )

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10358
Willowydream on Jul 2, 2017 wrote:
And we assume Nikeeta is a female why? The quest dialogue gives no clue.

But, thanks for sorting them. I agree that we should have some gal buccaneers. Perhaps Erika the Red?

I just found out - Nikeeta is a girl's name from the Greek; it means "unconquered" ( from anikitos. ) What a wonderful name this would have been for our pirate lasses!

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
1472
Willowydream on Jul 2, 2017 wrote:
And we assume Nikeeta is a female why? The quest dialogue gives no clue.

But, thanks for sorting them. I agree that we should have some gal buccaneers. Perhaps Erika the Red?

The pink feathers and the name suggest that Nikeeta is a girl

If you ask me kingsisle is fair with all genders but becuase the game is set in times where men did more fighting its harder to make more female characters.

Do you guys remember going through Troy? They have both male and female archers and then the flame dancers are all female, kingsisle is doing their best with gender balance

Lieutenant
Jan 23, 2011
110
Willowydream on Jul 2, 2017 wrote:
And we assume Nikeeta is a female why? The quest dialogue gives no clue.

But, thanks for sorting them. I agree that we should have some gal buccaneers. Perhaps Erika the Red?

I believe that Nikeeta is mentioned to be female by the Monkey who gives us the quest to go defeat her.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10358
witchdoctor daruis on Jul 4, 2017 wrote:
The pink feathers and the name suggest that Nikeeta is a girl

If you ask me kingsisle is fair with all genders but becuase the game is set in times where men did more fighting its harder to make more female characters.

Do you guys remember going through Troy? They have both male and female archers and then the flame dancers are all female, kingsisle is doing their best with gender balance
Witchdoctor Darius, which part of P101 reflects true history or even reality as we know it? The game is set in the Spiral, we don't know for a fact that there is a male dominance to fighting ( or Wizardry ) in this universe.
Don't you see that quoting "history" in a fantasy game is no reason for a gender bias?
I agree KI is awesome at their attempts for gender parity, but why, if a player asks for more female companions, do we have to keep justifying our request?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10358
Steven Owlhunter on Jul 4, 2017 wrote:
I believe that Nikeeta is mentioned to be female by the Monkey who gives us the quest to go defeat her.
I think all he says is : "Pluck some feathers from the mighty Skarakeet, Nikeeta.."

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
1472
anecorbie on Jul 4, 2017 wrote:
Witchdoctor Darius, which part of P101 reflects true history or even reality as we know it? The game is set in the Spiral, we don't know for a fact that there is a male dominance to fighting ( or Wizardry ) in this universe.
Don't you see that quoting "history" in a fantasy game is no reason for a gender bias?
I agree KI is awesome at their attempts for gender parity, but why, if a player asks for more female companions, do we have to keep justifying our request?
It still does affect aspects of the game like the magnificent 7, if you were to make some of them females it would ruin the feel of the magnificent 7 imo

That's basically how it restricts the male/female balance

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
2053
Nikita is a non-gender specific name -- Nikita Kruschev is an example of a male with that name.

Here is a link to the quest page on the Pirate101 wiki, if anyone would like to review it:

http://www.pirate101central.com/wiki/Quest:If_There%27s_a_Quill,_There%27s_a_Way#tab=Quest_Dialogue


Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10358
witchdoctor daruis on Jul 5, 2017 wrote:
It still does affect aspects of the game like the magnificent 7, if you were to make some of them females it would ruin the feel of the magnificent 7 imo

That's basically how it restricts the male/female balance
It would have been very easy for KI to substitute another woman outlaw for a male into the Magnificent 7 ( Belle Starr, for example. )
For me, this argument of historic fact supporting a gender bias is a non-starter.
1. There were more women being pirates than people know about.
2. P101 is based in a fantasy world with it's own history & traditions. Not one NPC makes a comment that indicates that a female warrior, wizard or pirate is unusual.
What really restricts male/female balance is attitudes like the ones posting using "historic fact" to justify a gender imbalance.
Why do players who say "I would like to have more female companions." have to justify their request?
It's unfair.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10358
Willowydream on Jul 5, 2017 wrote:
Nikita is a non-gender specific name -- Nikita Kruschev is an example of a male with that name.

Here is a link to the quest page on the Pirate101 wiki, if anyone would like to review it:

http://www.pirate101central.com/wiki/Quest:If_There%27s_a_Quill,_There%27s_a_Way#tab=Quest_Dialogue

Except her name isn't Nikita, it's Nikeeta.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
1472
anecorbie on Jul 5, 2017 wrote:
It would have been very easy for KI to substitute another woman outlaw for a male into the Magnificent 7 ( Belle Starr, for example. )
For me, this argument of historic fact supporting a gender bias is a non-starter.
1. There were more women being pirates than people know about.
2. P101 is based in a fantasy world with it's own history & traditions. Not one NPC makes a comment that indicates that a female warrior, wizard or pirate is unusual.
What really restricts male/female balance is attitudes like the ones posting using "historic fact" to justify a gender imbalance.
Why do players who say "I would like to have more female companions." have to justify their request?
It's unfair.
As I said KI are not going to substitute a female in becuase it's not true to the actual magnificent 7

it'd be kinda like putting a man in the spice girls