Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Is it worth it to farm bosses for rare drops?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 03, 2010
For example Buster Crab and Fin Dorsal have some very good drops, but is it worth the time to try and get them? Currently I am level 5 and have no real difficulty with Buster Crab, I have fought him 4 times now looking for a couple musketeer drops with 7 agility. It doesn't take very long really....the fight....and is only worth 6 xp, but not sure how long it would take to get one of the agility drops.

So is it worth it to try or should I just play and hope for something decent to come up somewhere else?

Lieutenant
Dec 18, 2012
I could not say that it doesn't worth since i personally like to use Deathdealers wich are lvl 20 pistols, although i am lvl 50 and i have lvl 45 equip if i would want to use it, point is that i farmed those when i reached lvl 50 because it is way faster and until that point i did all the game without the need to farm items, i only updated my equipment from vendors every 5 levels, nothing more , so it is up to you, just remember that meantime some item could be good even at high levels (like Santa Rana's hat with overwatch for to make another example), some other and specially items with only stats will need to be updated often.

Eccentric Roberto Bellamy
Duke of Hannibal

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I mainly farm bosses for pet drops. And go back to them after my character is higher than when that boss is first normally encountered, which makes the fight go a bit faster.

-Michael

Ensign
Apr 03, 2010
thanks guys, sounds like a good idea to me...I have done 16 fights with buster and not gotten a single agility item...so it might be worth it a bit later, right now I am just not getting any fun out of the game so will just move on

Petty Officer
Jun 29, 2011
Clownsanity on Jan 25, 2013 wrote:
I could not say that it doesn't worth since i personally like to use Deathdealers wich are lvl 20 pistols, although i am lvl 50 and i have lvl 45 equip if i would want to use it, point is that i farmed those when i reached lvl 50 because it is way faster and until that point i did all the game without the need to farm items, i only updated my equipment from vendors every 5 levels, nothing more , so it is up to you, just remember that meantime some item could be good even at high levels (like Santa Rana's hat with overwatch for to make another example), some other and specially items with only stats will need to be updated often.

Eccentric Roberto Bellamy
Duke of Hannibal
I don't like that idea. I am Level 50 and farm high level bosses, like the Earth Guardian drops a hammer that gives the second chance move! And, since it's a smashy weapon, it is an absolutely perfect weapon for Buccaneers, since, in my opinion, Buccaneers need second chance. Plus it does good damage :P lol.

Ensign
Nov 14, 2012
Well i'm level 50 and I honestly think ya it's woth it. but it depends on where you farm. the two most worthy farming places i have come across is:
  • Friar Sands ( Mooshu ) ( Kill The Boss Only ) ( With 1 person- 10min / With 2-4 people- 4 to 5min )
  • Monkey King's Cave ( Mooshu ) ( Kill Everyone ) ( With 1 person- 15 to 20min / With 2 to 4 people- 10 to 15 min )
Sorry i dont know what skyway or what island but you should come across it. Also don't be afraid to add me in the game everyone. Hope this helps. Also the times might not be accurate.

Amanda Xavier- Level 50 Swashbuckler

PEACE

Lieutenant
Dec 18, 2012
Luckly with new patch there will be more balance in drops, since i have enough to find almost all swashbuckler/privateer gear, i have fulled my swashbuckler backpack of gear (all with skill cards attached) and it is lvl 1 since i don't like so much this overused class (honestly? I hate them for this reason ), meantime for my buccaneer and musketeer would be nice if they will reach a single backpack page of equipment atm .