How to get more players to pirate101

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
1320
Jasmine3429 on May 29, 2017 wrote:
Some simple advertising could help, I mean when was the last time you saw a pirate101 or even wizard101 commercial?

I am really confused as to why they don't do these anymore. It really is a shame how they have let Pirate101 die a slow death, it really has so much potential and is much more enjoyable than wizard101 in my opinion.
The last time I saw a Pirate101 commercial was in KingsIsle's own site, www.FreeKIGames.com. Your case definitely in point!

And I have had experience with several games now that have closed on me, and I am not going to give up on Pirate101, so, KingsIsle, please don't give up on me!

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
1320
DuranteRamses87 on Jun 1, 2017 wrote:
My question is if there was a movie, who would play me?

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
L.O.L.!

I want to ask the same question but I want to stay humble, so. *Stays silent.*

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
1320
Max DeGroot on Jun 2, 2017 wrote:
Actually, that WOULD be a problem, since there are 25 possible ways for the young, orphan pirate to get to the point prior to being arrested by the Armada.

Remember, there are 5 ways for your parents to die, and five worlds where you are raised. That's 25 different scenarios.

Now, you want to skip past that, to where he was arrested? Now you get into his class, because there are 5 ways to get arrested based on your class.

You want to move past that? There isn't much past that to make a graphic novel from.
Who said we had to do all scenarios? Just pick one!

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
1320
anecorbie on Jun 3, 2017 wrote:
I was envisioning a prequel, covering Marco Pollo's journey to El Dorado, the Napoleguinic war, Avery's successes, and the Prophecy that sends Boochbeard & Gandry on the hunt for the orphaned pirate.
Or Captain Horace Avery and Scarlet Jenkins' adventures against Polaris when they were children, before the Armada became bad.

Marco Pollo's feats is amazing! It makes me want to write something about that.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
1320
stormtrooper1231 on Jun 4, 2017 wrote:
Comments like these are the reason why I strongly believe that the game developers should be looking at most discussions on the message boards, because this is a spectacular idea.
Welcome to the Message Boards, Stormtrooper1231! Ye be an Officially Piratical Plunderin', Makin' Friends, Not Thievin', Safe n' Deadly Yet Funny n' Now n' Forever Givin' Great Ideas t' th' KingsIsle Team, Yarrin' n' Bein' Yarred, Levelin' Up n' Questin' n' Not Givin' Up, Message Boards Marauder!

*Faints.*

(P.S. Just so you know, I don't actually talk piratical; in fact, real pirates never did. It was just a cool, fun, added special effect. Yarr! )

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
1320
Hardy Portia Zest on Jun 5, 2017 wrote:
I do agree there should be a movie, but there would be a couple problems. First, the budget. Many new movies you've seen a couple months, weeks, or a year ago, had budgets of over a million and rarely even a billion dollars to create. If Kingisle were to make a movie, they would put both Pirate101 and Wizard101 at great risk of getting shut down, because Kingisle wouldn't have enough money to keep both games up and running.

Secondly, the audience. There won't be enough people to watch the movie for Kingisle to get back the money they spent. When the game came out, like when Pirate101 and Wizard101 had commercials, it would have been quite popular. But with the proceeding years, I've yet to see another commercial for P101 or W101. If they made a movie around when the game was popular, Kingisle would be able to make the money back invested into a movie. But now, the game's popularity has overall declined, meaning that it would be hard to actually get people to watch the movie.

And lastly, the critics. The movie critics are important in the movie industry; they decide whether a movie will be a flop or a winner. There's a chance that the movie may get bad review from movie critics because it is following what other game devs did: Make a movie. It may become Cliche for Kingisle to make a movie which would follow the last company that did so.

A movie may lead W101 or P101 on a 50/50 path, but if Kingisle will have good planning, a perfect plot/story, a good combine of characters, they may be able to pull it off. But, for the sake of keeping P101 and W101 up and not shut down such as Club Penguin, or Toon Town (Rip both I shall never forget you), I say no movie until Kingisle can guarantee a success, otherwise P101 and W101 will join the chest of shutdowns, just like Club Penguin and Toon Town.

Hardy Portia Zest- lvl 70
Who were you on Club Penguin? I know exactly what you mean!

Fairy Chat and Bearville from the makers of Build-a-Bear were also other games that have shut down. It is quite a large chest.

At least Disney replaced Club Penguin with the new Club Penguin Island. Are you on that, Portia?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
8872
Helpful Aurora Par... on Jun 14, 2017 wrote:
Or Captain Horace Avery and Scarlet Jenkins' adventures against Polaris when they were children, before the Armada became bad.

Marco Pollo's feats is amazing! It makes me want to write something about that.
What about the two young pirates that stole a treasure, gave it to an orphanage in Darkmoor; thereby incurring a curse that was passed down to this present time?

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
534
If I was played by someone in a Pirate101 movie; I'd want it to be me!

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
1320
anecorbie on Jun 14, 2017 wrote:
What about the two young pirates that stole a treasure, gave it to an orphanage in Darkmoor; thereby incurring a curse that was passed down to this present time?
Haha, perfect, Esperanza! How creative.

Or the voyage of a young Marleybonian orphan (Dog) and his newfound friend traveling to find his parents in an air balloon?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
8872
Helpful Aurora Par... on Jun 18, 2017 wrote:
Haha, perfect, Esperanza! How creative.

Or the voyage of a young Marleybonian orphan (Dog) and his newfound friend traveling to find his parents in an air balloon?
Well, thanks, but it's not original - it's the plot of the Gratitude Monument in Avery's Court, the one where you search for 5 blessed coins.
I like your "Around the World in 80 days" reference.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
625
Max DeGroot on Jun 2, 2017 wrote:
Actually, that WOULD be a problem, since there are 25 possible ways for the young, orphan pirate to get to the point prior to being arrested by the Armada.

Remember, there are 5 ways for your parents to die, and five worlds where you are raised. That's 25 different scenarios.

Now, you want to skip past that, to where he was arrested? Now you get into his class, because there are 5 ways to get arrested based on your class.

You want to move past that? There isn't much past that to make a graphic novel from.
ooo make an 80s style book "choose ya ending flip book"? i think anercorbie onto something here..

stormy jen silver

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
534
If they get more commercials, they should see if they can get them aired during commercial brakes during The Loud House on nickelodeon, because that show is a huge success, the only cartoon kids even talk about anymore and both Kids and Adults.

As I mentioned if they made a cartoon/movie, they should have good writers that know the game. They should also add some jokes here and there, because with something like cool ranch, younger kids will get bored. Also, the funnier, the better, as if it is Mucha Lucha levels of funny, that's great. Here is an amazing line from Mucha Lucha that gets me every time

"Hey, that's MY lunch!"
"Well it's in MY MOUTH!"

So yeah, that's just what I have been thinking.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
534
Also, my dad owns a painting franchise and he has his car wrapped to advertise it. So if we got people to wrap their cars Pirate101 style, that could work!

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
672
darkmoordude on Jul 1, 2017 wrote:
Also, my dad owns a painting franchise and he has his car wrapped to advertise it. So if we got people to wrap their cars Pirate101 style, that could work!
I can just see someone doing that but having a bit of a spelling problem:

"Hey, look! That car says, 'Parrot LOL' on it!"

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
8872
darkmoordude on Jul 1, 2017 wrote:
Also, my dad owns a painting franchise and he has his car wrapped to advertise it. So if we got people to wrap their cars Pirate101 style, that could work!
That is very good for small businesses; my "Computer Guy" has decorated his service van to advertise his services - it's very startling to see ( I told him it was obnoxious - but you can't ignore it. )

Petty Officer
Mar 10, 2015
53
Posting pirate101 adds on cars and trucks is a BRILLIANTLY idea. I honestly did not think of it, and it has a ton of potential. Think about how many trucks travel the high says constantly. If a few of them have been funded my kingisle they would spread the image like wild fire.

Ensign
Apr 13, 2013
24
Helpful Aurora Par... on Jun 14, 2017 wrote:
Who were you on Club Penguin? I know exactly what you mean!

Fairy Chat and Bearville from the makers of Build-a-Bear were also other games that have shut down. It is quite a large chest.

At least Disney replaced Club Penguin with the new Club Penguin Island. Are you on that, Portia?
5 min into CPI, I uninstalled because it was literally just 5 min of gameplay until you needed membership. Yeaaah.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
8872
Hardy Portia Zest on Jul 7, 2017 wrote:
5 min into CPI, I uninstalled because it was literally just 5 min of gameplay until you needed membership. Yeaaah.
Gosh, that's almost as short as Pixie Hollow ( about 20 minutes of game play until you realized that membership was a must...) Still, I enjoyed it and was a member for 3 years, right up 'til the end.
I miss it.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
534
anecorbie on Jul 7, 2017 wrote:
Gosh, that's almost as short as Pixie Hollow ( about 20 minutes of game play until you realized that membership was a must...) Still, I enjoyed it and was a member for 3 years, right up 'til the end.
I miss it.
I remember I tried it once, I was like, the only boy in the whole dang server. The reason I was playing it is cause I saw a commercial for a racing minigame on there and if you made your character tiny you could race on a mouse or bug. I thought that was cool. It was humiliating asking my mom to register, but being a mom she didn't question it. It took me forever to find the racing thing and then it turned out to be members only. I then quit and never came back, even though I had a bad experience, I am glad you had a good one!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
8872
darkmoordude on Jul 8, 2017 wrote:
I remember I tried it once, I was like, the only boy in the whole dang server. The reason I was playing it is cause I saw a commercial for a racing minigame on there and if you made your character tiny you could race on a mouse or bug. I thought that was cool. It was humiliating asking my mom to register, but being a mom she didn't question it. It took me forever to find the racing thing and then it turned out to be members only. I then quit and never came back, even though I had a bad experience, I am glad you had a good one!
Oh, that's too bad because non-members were allowed to use the turtle ( and it wasn't as slow as it sounds! )
It wasn't until the last year of Pixie Hollow that they had boy models ( Sparrow-Men. ) Up until then ,if you were a boy and wanted to play your only choice was a girl fairy. And there were a few boys playing ( because that was were the girls were. )

Ensign
Jan 14, 2015
43
Anyone have suggestions who would play as Captain Avery?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
8872
Polaris4two on Jul 22, 2017 wrote:
Anyone have suggestions who would play as Captain Avery?
Dustin Hoffman has experience playing a pirate - "Hook", or maybe Mel Gibson? ( Seems to be the right age and he's got that grey goatee. )

Ensign
Jan 14, 2015
43
anecorbie on Jul 23, 2017 wrote:
Dustin Hoffman has experience playing a pirate - "Hook", or maybe Mel Gibson? ( Seems to be the right age and he's got that grey goatee. )
Great! So far, Mel Gibson (or Dustin Hoffman) as Captain Avery
I was also thinking, James McAvoy as One Eyed Jack, Morgan Freeman as Lucius Fox, Ron Perlman as Mordekai, Naomie Harris as Madam Vadima (She had experience as Tia Dalma from Pirates of the Carribeann), Michael Palin (Former Monty Python member) as Ol' Fish Eye, Anthony Hopkins as The Commodore, and Karen Gillan as Morgan Lafitte.

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
520
Helpful Aurora Par... on Jun 13, 2017 wrote:
That's not true, Lukeskywalker1313. You may hate reading, but I (and probably many others) do not. I have never given up on reading, nor have probably a lot of other people! Although most of this generation prefers Kindle, I still think a Pirate101 graphic novel can be famous.
I love reading! I finished the whole gameknight999 series. (one of the best book series ever, in my opinion) also, polaris4two, if I remember correctly, Karen gillan was the girl who played amy pond on doctor who. I think. (I haven't watched many episodes with her, I'm more into the tenth doctor episodes or the one's with clara) unless your talking about a different Karen gillan. and anecorbie, I played pixie hollow, but I forgot about it. I loved that game. it was like my p101 before I found p101. (my other being free realms)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
8872
thedragonpirate245... on Jul 28, 2017 wrote:
I love reading! I finished the whole gameknight999 series. (one of the best book series ever, in my opinion) also, polaris4two, if I remember correctly, Karen gillan was the girl who played amy pond on doctor who. I think. (I haven't watched many episodes with her, I'm more into the tenth doctor episodes or the one's with clara) unless your talking about a different Karen gillan. and anecorbie, I played pixie hollow, but I forgot about it. I loved that game. it was like my p101 before I found p101. (my other being free realms)
You played both Pixie Hollow & Free Realms?! Awesome! I wonder if we knew each other there? My Pixie was Lavender Ferngrass and on Free Realms I made a lot of "How to..." videos; my char's name was Leona Moonblaze.
Wow! this post is getting kinda off-track.