Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

english bill

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 04, 2008
Ok, you see i'm trying to get all the gear from english bill, and I have everything except his hat. Now I understand that farming is something that can take some time, but... it's been a WHOLE MONTH, 8 jackets ,6 boots,and 3 guns, but not one hat! Does any one have any idea or trick that helps them farm(specifically for one object) if so please help me out and tell them to me.

Annoying Justin Sawkins -65

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
toontower on Nov 8, 2015 wrote:
Ok, you see i'm trying to get all the gear from english bill, and I have everything except his hat. Now I understand that farming is something that can take some time, but... it's been a WHOLE MONTH, 8 jackets ,6 boots,and 3 guns, but not one hat! Does any one have any idea or trick that helps them farm(specifically for one object) if so please help me out and tell them to me.

Annoying Justin Sawkins -65
Welcome to the message boards Toontower! The bad news is - drops are random and there is no way to manipulate the drops. Good news is - get a few friends to farm with you and the farming won't be so bad, you may even get lucky!

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
I got his entire outfit and guns really easy (didn't use second chance chest)(in fact I forget if those even existed yet) back in 2013. I got way more rare stuff then. I tried farming him again in November this year, but after a week I never got anything.

When I fought Gortez for the first time I got his axe. After 3 more tries I got his helmet.

This might be just a coincidence, but I think bosses dropped loot more commonly back when Pirate101 was newer.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
AndrewDeathblade11... on Dec 2, 2015 wrote:
I got his entire outfit and guns really easy (didn't use second chance chest)(in fact I forget if those even existed yet) back in 2013. I got way more rare stuff then. I tried farming him again in November this year, but after a week I never got anything.

When I fought Gortez for the first time I got his axe. After 3 more tries I got his helmet.

This might be just a coincidence, but I think bosses dropped loot more commonly back when Pirate101 was newer.
When P101 was newer, there were no pet snacks on the loot tables On a side note, I farmed Ol' Billy this summer and got his complete outfit ( no guns, but I didn't want the Death Dealers ) within 4 hours.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
AndrewDeathblade11... on Dec 2, 2015 wrote:

Well, the odds differ between many pirates, but, currently, English Bill doesn't have a Second Chance Chest for after defeating him the second time on his ship in Boot Hill added yet. In fact, you didn't even see it at all.

In my opinion, the requirements for Bill to have a SCC were met, while some think otherwise.

His own hat, outfit & boots, not to mention his own weapon, the Death Dealers, was one of my reasons he should have a SCC added for after his second fight, 'cause he drops his own unique loot. Even the instance in Boot Hill took around 30 minutes to finish, & it's also another of my reasons.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Dec 2, 2015 wrote:
Well, the odds differ between many pirates, but, currently, English Bill doesn't have a Second Chance Chest for after defeating him the second time on his ship in Boot Hill added yet. In fact, you didn't even see it at all.

In my opinion, the requirements for Bill to have a SCC were met, while some think otherwise.

His own hat, outfit & boots, not to mention his own weapon, the Death Dealers, was one of my reasons he should have a SCC added for after his second fight, 'cause he drops his own unique loot. Even the instance in Boot Hill took around 30 minutes to finish, & it's also another of my reasons.
He doesn't meet requirement #1 "Is he a boss at the end of a long instance?" No, in fact we fight no other instances but his. Compare this to the Tomb of Kow Cheng or the Tower of Moo Manchu, where we fight hordes of enemies before confronting "The Boss".
Also, English Bill has 2 boss chests - that's like a free chance in a SCC.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
anecorbie on Dec 2, 2015 wrote:
He doesn't meet requirement #1 "Is he a boss at the end of a long instance?" No, in fact we fight no other instances but his. Compare this to the Tomb of Kow Cheng or the Tower of Moo Manchu, where we fight hordes of enemies before confronting "The Boss".
Also, English Bill has 2 boss chests - that's like a free chance in a SCC.
And to compare The Duck of Death with another boss who has two boss chests and a SCC: consider Rooke and the number of fights leading up to that first fight with him, also how long and difficult that fight was. Then we confront him again and he then drops a boss chest and a SCC. He obviously satisfies both requirements for a SCC, while Bill does not. You can see there is no comparison to these two dungeons.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Hmm... your statements does have valid points, anecorbie...

Still, I don't know of any other reason to have English Bill his SCC, other than his unique loot requirement being met. He is Book 7's end-of-Book boss, after all, so End-of-Book bosses should have SCCs, even if it's fought many times in just one dungeon.

Perhaps we may need a quick word with Ratbeard on this? I don't know of anyone else in KI that may spare some time to hear this, other than him, 'cause programming is in his forte.

Lieutenant
Aug 17, 2014
Ensign
Jun 02, 2013
I don't know where you farm English Bill (There are two places where you can farm him.), but personally, I farm him on the Silver Stallion, which is the white ship in the Cooper's Roost Skyway.

All of English Bill's attire drop there, including his pistols.

It's so much easier to farm English Bill on the Silver Stallion then it is on Boot Hill. First of all, you only need to defeat the Lagoonys and put out the red fires, which my fastest run was on like one to three turns. Second, after you win the battle, and collect the chests, then go back on your ship and back to the Skyway. As soon as you get on the Skyway, switch realms. By switching realms, you made English Bill instantly appear again.
Rinse and repeat until you get his hat.
Also, for some reason, the drop rates for English Bill's attire are more common on the Silver Stallion then it is on Boot Hill.

In fact, I've gotten 1 Hat, 1 Jacket, 4 Boots, and 2 Pistols within two days of farming on the Silver Stallion.

I hope this helps.

From,

Sly Colin Voss, Lv. 65

Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2012
I attack him on the silver stallion as it is much easier and there are less items on the loot table for the silver stallion.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
turtlemcturtleton on Jan 26, 2016 wrote:
I attack him on the silver stallion as it is much easier and there are less items on the loot table for the silver stallion.
How do you know that there are less items on the loot table? I bet it has the same amount as any loot table in that part of Cool Ranch.

Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2012
Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Trimond297 on Dec 4, 2015 wrote:
Hmm... your statements does have valid points, anecorbie...

Still, I don't know of any other reason to have English Bill his SCC, other than his unique loot requirement being met. He is Book 7's end-of-Book boss, after all, so End-of-Book bosses should have SCCs, even if it's fought many times in just one dungeon.

Perhaps we may need a quick word with Ratbeard on this? I don't know of anyone else in KI that may spare some time to hear this, other than him, 'cause programming is in his forte.
Even if he meets requirements a second chance chest shouldn't be added because of how quick he is to farm, you get to fight him twice on rapid succession no one would waste 50 crowns when they could just keep on fighting him