Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

dungeons that take too long

1
AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 15, 2010
5
So I've been trying to get the haywire items and blood's coat. the problem is that dreadnaught doesn't work and blood takes too long to go through and has super low drop rates. What's up with dreadnaught? can you make the battles we are trying to farm slightly easier to get to or spawn?

thanks

bloody killian west 70
wicked William 70
black betty 70
Jessica jones 70

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9783
xss10 on Dec 10, 2016 wrote:
So I've been trying to get the haywire items and blood's coat. the problem is that dreadnaught doesn't work and blood takes too long to go through and has super low drop rates. What's up with dreadnaught? can you make the battles we are trying to farm slightly easier to get to or spawn?

thanks

bloody killian west 70
wicked William 70
black betty 70
Jessica jones 70
Believe it or not, Miranda has been shortened and made easier. There used to be 3 extra fights and mobs in the main street of town.
The Dreadnaught is supposed to be difficult to get into and fight ( and it's only that one fight ).
No more nerfing of this game is necessary!!!!!

Ensign
Sep 19, 2012
29
anecorbie on Dec 10, 2016 wrote:
Believe it or not, Miranda has been shortened and made easier. There used to be 3 extra fights and mobs in the main street of town.
The Dreadnaught is supposed to be difficult to get into and fight ( and it's only that one fight ).
No more nerfing of this game is necessary!!!!!
I agree. Personally I think this game is very easy (Compared to Wiz at least) It isn't very difficult to solo this game fully (On my second I have soloed every dungeon so far, I have just finished the Shadow Fortress) So I think the last thing this game needs is more nerfing. Although I think the Unicorns in Valencia 2 could get a tiny damage nerf.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9783
GuyFromSchool on Dec 10, 2016 wrote:
I agree. Personally I think this game is very easy (Compared to Wiz at least) It isn't very difficult to solo this game fully (On my second I have soloed every dungeon so far, I have just finished the Shadow Fortress) So I think the last thing this game needs is more nerfing. Although I think the Unicorns in Valencia 2 could get a tiny damage nerf.
Which ones, the Bucks or Bucklers?

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
1124
anecorbie on Dec 10, 2016 wrote:
Believe it or not, Miranda has been shortened and made easier. There used to be 3 extra fights and mobs in the main street of town.
The Dreadnaught is supposed to be difficult to get into and fight ( and it's only that one fight ).
No more nerfing of this game is necessary!!!!!
She sounds like me

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
1124
GuyFromSchool on Dec 10, 2016 wrote:
I agree. Personally I think this game is very easy (Compared to Wiz at least) It isn't very difficult to solo this game fully (On my second I have soloed every dungeon so far, I have just finished the Shadow Fortress) So I think the last thing this game needs is more nerfing. Although I think the Unicorns in Valencia 2 could get a tiny damage nerf.
You just said no more nerfing so lets nerf it lol

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Lieutenant
Mar 07, 2009
122
anecorbie on Dec 10, 2016 wrote:
Believe it or not, Miranda has been shortened and made easier. There used to be 3 extra fights and mobs in the main street of town.
The Dreadnaught is supposed to be difficult to get into and fight ( and it's only that one fight ).
No more nerfing of this game is necessary!!!!!
Yeah I noticed Miranda seemed easier...kind of sucks. But it is what it is....why does so many people want things to be easier all the time.? I don't have a lot of time to play some times. My life is busy as others are to. I cant stand how the presidio got to be...lame.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
732
Miranda dungeon is not that hard, just level up your companions and draw your best gears. You are all set, to finish the largest world in the spiral to date and a showdown to the final boss. You can ask a willing player for help or click on the team icon.However in the Olden days this dungeon was super long and it was very challenging ( there was no team icon in the olden days ).

As for the dreadnought, it take alot of patience to appear and based on my experience very hard to solo. I have yet to beat this dungeon, i heard the rewards are amazing. I'm not giving up, someday i/we will beat this dungeon, depending how many other fellow pirates joined the gauntlet. It takes alot of determination, like the Moo Manchu tower, the Great Machine and Ranked pvps on the weekend.

Until then best of luck beating these dungeon, otherwise congratulations and see you at the sky way.

Community Leader
nitewalker7180 on Dec 12, 2016 wrote:
Yeah I noticed Miranda seemed easier...kind of sucks. But it is what it is....why does so many people want things to be easier all the time.? I don't have a lot of time to play some times. My life is busy as others are to. I cant stand how the presidio got to be...lame.
There could be many reasons for such changes.

Everyone needs to keep in mind, that besides different classes, and 100s of ways to configure them (choices, gear, pets, etc), there are also numerous play styles. Personally I do not think its right to expect everyone to force any particular style of play or configurations to be successful in the game.

If certain battles require specific configurations or styles we might as well just have one class, and no development choices in the game.

I personally have enjoyed KI games from the story perspective, just following the story. I don't play KI games for battle "challenge", there are far more comprehensive games available that focus on that aspect.

I think there are several dungeons in Pirate101, that are not necessarily difficult, but far more time consuming than many would prefer. Length of many instances has definitely controlled my progress at times in this game.

Not uncommon: "Gee I have 45 minutes of playtime left, but my next dungeon takes an hour... I guess I am done."

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Lieutenant
Mar 07, 2009
122
Dr Zeppers on Dec 14, 2016 wrote:
There could be many reasons for such changes.

Everyone needs to keep in mind, that besides different classes, and 100s of ways to configure them (choices, gear, pets, etc), there are also numerous play styles. Personally I do not think its right to expect everyone to force any particular style of play or configurations to be successful in the game.

If certain battles require specific configurations or styles we might as well just have one class, and no development choices in the game.

I personally have enjoyed KI games from the story perspective, just following the story. I don't play KI games for battle "challenge", there are far more comprehensive games available that focus on that aspect.

I think there are several dungeons in Pirate101, that are not necessarily difficult, but far more time consuming than many would prefer. Length of many instances has definitely controlled my progress at times in this game.

Not uncommon: "Gee I have 45 minutes of playtime left, but my next dungeon takes an hour... I guess I am done."
I don't have an issue with the length of time. I just play a dungeon when I have time. I love this game. I played Wizard since the beginning. And this game to. I play this one now. Cant get back in to Wizard. I use all my companions. More fun. Making the presidio easier? I liked the fact you had to time it to get by the monkeys on the wall. If you got pulled in...well that was ok to. That is the only change I don't like about the presidio.
Now about Miranda. I have no issue with it. The way it was before or now. Done it many times. I love the humor in this game. The banter makes me laugh especially when the humor is directed at...older players such as myself.

Lieutenant
Aug 17, 2014
122
I think they should up the drop rate for Miranda, it's ridiculous...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9783
rex1556 on Dec 15, 2016 wrote:
I think they should up the drop rate for Miranda, it's ridiculous...
If it's so hard why is it that one in ten players I've encountered in the Tower or the Machine have the jacket ( or the Imperial Boots of Moo? )

Lieutenant
Aug 17, 2014
122
I don't have several hours of time every day to farm. I used to do 3-4 runs every day for the 2 months and was unsuccessful, before you say that i should get another friend to help, I've done that too.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9783
rex1556 on Dec 17, 2016 wrote:
I don't have several hours of time every day to farm. I used to do 3-4 runs every day for the 2 months and was unsuccessful, before you say that i should get another friend to help, I've done that too.
So? I've been farming for two years and I've almost got a complete Blood's outfit ( that jacket still eludes me ) but I know that one day if I keep at it, I'll get that bloody Blood's jacket!

Lieutenant
Aug 17, 2014
122
Anecorbie, can't you say your at least a little upset that you haven't got the jacket for 2 years? Doesn't that just prove my point that the drop rates are too low?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9783
rex1556 on Dec 18, 2016 wrote:
Anecorbie, can't you say your at least a little upset that you haven't got the jacket for 2 years? Doesn't that just prove my point that the drop rates are too low?
Not at all upset - it's just my stinking luck with the RNG. Also, this just proves to me that players who say "You've got to have { this special piece of gear } to be successful." are just full of it.
I've completed this game across two accounts without the help of most of the "necessary" gear. Mostly, when I'm farming it's the collection aspect that I'm after, you know, having a complete set of boss gear, whether I'll use it or not. (Hoping that we'll soon have a way to display this gear. )
Drop rates are the same throughout this game, whether you're in Miranda, the Tower or the Great Machine.

Ensign
Apr 29, 2014
42
rex1556 on Dec 18, 2016 wrote:
Anecorbie, can't you say your at least a little upset that you haven't got the jacket for 2 years? Doesn't that just prove my point that the drop rates are too low?
Ya but that's part of the challenge isn't it? It's one of the fun parts of P101!

Lieutenant
Aug 17, 2014
122
anecorbie on Dec 19, 2016 wrote:
Not at all upset - it's just my stinking luck with the RNG. Also, this just proves to me that players who say "You've got to have { this special piece of gear } to be successful." are just full of it.
I've completed this game across two accounts without the help of most of the "necessary" gear. Mostly, when I'm farming it's the collection aspect that I'm after, you know, having a complete set of boss gear, whether I'll use it or not. (Hoping that we'll soon have a way to display this gear. )
Drop rates are the same throughout this game, whether you're in Miranda, the Tower or the Great Machine.
What I am trying to say is that KI could lift up the drop rates from 5% every fight to 10% or 15%. I am not indicating that you need blood's jacket, to be successful.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9783
rex1556 on Dec 19, 2016 wrote:
What I am trying to say is that KI could lift up the drop rates from 5% every fight to 10% or 15%. I am not indicating that you need blood's jacket, to be successful.
Since players are getting this drop & we don't know what the general drop rate is for any dungeon; just asking KI to up the drop rate is un-necessary, IMO.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9783
rex1556 on Dec 19, 2016 wrote:
What I am trying to say is that KI could lift up the drop rates from 5% every fight to 10% or 15%. I am not indicating that you need blood's jacket, to be successful.
How do you know it's a 5% drop rate? Where's your facts? Unless you have a confirmation of this from KI, then I doubt it's that low.

Lieutenant
Aug 17, 2014
122
I was using 5% as an example, but it is definitely a low drop rate, showing statistics. Mostly everyone I know has farmed for at least a month for blood's jacket, and they use engine as well.

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
263
xss10 on Dec 10, 2016 wrote:
So I've been trying to get the haywire items and blood's coat. the problem is that dreadnaught doesn't work and blood takes too long to go through and has super low drop rates. What's up with dreadnaught? can you make the battles we are trying to farm slightly easier to get to or spawn?

thanks

bloody killian west 70
wicked William 70
black betty 70
Jessica jones 70
you should've been here when Miranda had a lot of street battles, oh the good old days.
I don't know about the haywire dreadnaught thing because I haven't looked into it on my higher witchdoctor, but believe me, you should be thankful Miranda is a joke now.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9783
rex1556 on Dec 20, 2016 wrote:
I was using 5% as an example, but it is definitely a low drop rate, showing statistics. Mostly everyone I know has farmed for at least a month for blood's jacket, and they use engine as well.
You can't depend on statistics in this case, as the drops are determined RANDOMLY. There isn't a % drop for any dungeon. It's all determined by code, you'll either get it or not by a random roll on the drop tables.
What has a speed engine cheat have to do with drops? They just got lucky.

Lieutenant
Mar 07, 2009
122
witchdoctor of awe... on Dec 20, 2016 wrote:
you should've been here when Miranda had a lot of street battles, oh the good old days.
I don't know about the haywire dreadnaught thing because I haven't looked into it on my higher witchdoctor, but believe me, you should be thankful Miranda is a joke now.
Miranda is easier now. I have to agree.

Lieutenant
Aug 17, 2014
122
more people spent a month farming it, than people spending a day, therefore the chances are higher of you getting it, if you spend more time.

P.S. I did Miranda when it was 5 fights, too.

1