Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Black Angus, What The???

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
About a week ago, I recruited Black Angus...

And yeah, he kind of invited himself onto my crew

So for those that don't know, Black Angus is a privateer only companion, I don't even believe he can be purchased in the crown shop

You recruit Black Angus during the Magnificent 7 Storyline at the beginning of the quest "Range War" After talking to Sly Winkum, Black Angus appears from out of nowhere and says "I hate the Wild Bunch too! Need a hand?"

So suspicious, he seems an awful lot like a traitor, Altough that our companions would never betray us, he even looks like some of the enemies though

Oddly enough, Black Angus has a unique tier for himself

I can only wander if Black Angus was originally something bigger in the storyline but he didn't make the cut and was just lazily added onto the privateer crew

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Black Angus can be purchased in the Crown Shop by others classes. I have him on my witchdoctor. Before they really shortened the Buck Bronco dungeon/fights, I think he may have appeared briefly in one of the caves, but don't quote me on that. As I recall, sailing into the Tumbleweed skyway is when I noticed he was unlocked for purchase.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Jan 21, 2017 wrote:
Black Angus can be purchased in the Crown Shop by others classes. I have him on my witchdoctor. Before they really shortened the Buck Bronco dungeon/fights, I think he may have appeared briefly in one of the caves, but don't quote me on that. As I recall, sailing into the Tumbleweed skyway is when I noticed he was unlocked for purchase.
The Black Angus look-alike was Rick O'Shay and he's still one of the bad guys in Dusty Arroyo Canyon.
Honestly, it's as if a privateer trips over a rock, and BAM they recruit a new companion!
Lol, not jealous, but maybe there should be some reason for someone joining our crews?
"Pirate, I'm impressed by your actions. Let me join your crew." Short, sweet and simple.

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2015
anecorbie on Jan 22, 2017 wrote:
The Black Angus look-alike was Rick O'Shay and he's still one of the bad guys in Dusty Arroyo Canyon.
Honestly, it's as if a privateer trips over a rock, and BAM they recruit a new companion!
Lol, not jealous, but maybe there should be some reason for someone joining our crews?
"Pirate, I'm impressed by your actions. Let me join your crew." Short, sweet and simple.
Amen to that.

Ensign
Feb 10, 2016
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 21, 2017 wrote:
About a week ago, I recruited Black Angus...

And yeah, he kind of invited himself onto my crew

So for those that don't know, Black Angus is a privateer only companion, I don't even believe he can be purchased in the crown shop

You recruit Black Angus during the Magnificent 7 Storyline at the beginning of the quest "Range War" After talking to Sly Winkum, Black Angus appears from out of nowhere and says "I hate the Wild Bunch too! Need a hand?"

So suspicious, he seems an awful lot like a traitor, Altough that our companions would never betray us, he even looks like some of the enemies though

Oddly enough, Black Angus has a unique tier for himself

I can only wander if Black Angus was originally something bigger in the storyline but he didn't make the cut and was just lazily added onto the privateer crew
I might add that Black Angus Is the only white bison in the game, but he's Called black angus I just think that's funny.

He's special though because he can get riposte and vengeance strike. The only other companion I know of that can have that is bosun budd.

Those companions think: he hits me I hit back. he misses me I'll hit him anyway.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
xxBigt3801xx on Jan 24, 2017 wrote:
I might add that Black Angus Is the only white bison in the game, but he's Called black angus I just think that's funny.

He's special though because he can get riposte and vengeance strike. The only other companion I know of that can have that is bosun budd.

Those companions think: he hits me I hit back. he misses me I'll hit him anyway.
Privateers also get Monterey Jack who comes with riposte and can get vengeance strike

Eric Jolly is the same but comes with first strike