Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Almost quit! A Moo Manchu rant.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 07, 2011
Sorry, I spent over half an hour trying to find the appropriate place to post this. Received the challenge to do the tower of Moo Manchu. I went in with two other people, I do when I can. One dropped out after the first fight. the other dropped out after the 3rd fight, I thought, np, I could finish on my own. Then it got tough, I had to "hire henchmen just to survive the onslaughts. Through the expenditure of many crowns I made it to the nefarious five and was dismayed that there was "no way" to survive the fight! I was disgusted and angry. I quit for the night and almost called later the next day to cancel my membership. I have learned in my life that you can not depend on other people, sad, I'm a preacher. This game is played to relieve stress in the real world, and here I was suffering tremendous stress from a children's game! Its been over a week, and I find myself still angry from time to time, but have found myself continuing the game, although I still am not very happy about it.
By the way, I did quit Wizard 101, simply because you can not play the game without "cooperation" in too many places, I won't go back until I can solo it!!! Which I know you don't really care, because I am only one person and you get plenty of profits from many others.
Sorry, rant over.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
PaPaGrumps on Jul 22, 2016 wrote:
Sorry, I spent over half an hour trying to find the appropriate place to post this. Received the challenge to do the tower of Moo Manchu. I went in with two other people, I do when I can. One dropped out after the first fight. the other dropped out after the 3rd fight, I thought, np, I could finish on my own. Then it got tough, I had to "hire henchmen just to survive the onslaughts. Through the expenditure of many crowns I made it to the nefarious five and was dismayed that there was "no way" to survive the fight! I was disgusted and angry. I quit for the night and almost called later the next day to cancel my membership. I have learned in my life that you can not depend on other people, sad, I'm a preacher. This game is played to relieve stress in the real world, and here I was suffering tremendous stress from a children's game! Its been over a week, and I find myself still angry from time to time, but have found myself continuing the game, although I still am not very happy about it.
By the way, I did quit Wizard 101, simply because you can not play the game without "cooperation" in too many places, I won't go back until I can solo it!!! Which I know you don't really care, because I am only one person and you get plenty of profits from many others.
Sorry, rant over.
Dear PaPaGrumps,
I do understand what you've been though ( see my post "Towering Personalities" for the many types of players that will make you want to tear your hair and scream in frustration! )
Please understand that The Tower of Moo Manchu is side content and not necessary to complete the game. True, this Tower has some amazing equipment and it's worth waiting for a team to go in to get it.
Throughout this game there are only 2 ( possibly 3 ) dungeons where you do need a team to complete it. That's a very small amount compared to everything else.
Now, would you like a dependable team to help you through this dungeon? Please let me know when you would like to attempt this again.
Esperanza Devereaux level 70 "Master of Moo" ( that means I've completed this dungeon a hundred times )

P.S. KingsIsle is an awesome company and their moderators like One Eyed Jack, developers like Ratbeard and writers like Blind Mew do care about their customers. They will often reply to posts from players to answer a question or clarify game mechanics.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Pirate101 is a game that CAN be almost completely soloed. But, as a preacher, tsk tsk -- you should know the phrase "oh, ye of little faith..."

The Tower of Moo Manchu is a very daunting task. I know that it HAS been soloed, however, with the help of many Doubloons, henchpeople, and much preparation (such as doing the Tower with a team many times. I'm pretty sure there are videos of the achievement out there somewhere.

Teaming up with others can be very rewarding besides getting the main task done. Consulting others on companion management strategies, seeing others play certain powers at certain times, etc., can be a real eye-opener and help prepare you for harder battles to come.

I'd just like to close with the misperception that this is a CHILDREN's game -- it is a family game, and much enjoyed by adults like you and I.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
Moo Manchu gives, arguably, the best gear in the game, and it IS NOT supposed to be soloable. It should NOT be a walk in the park.

Ensign
Apr 13, 2013
PaPaGrumps on Jul 22, 2016 wrote:
Sorry, rant over.
The thing is PaPaGumps, is that the people you were with in the tower with you were mostly there for the loot. As most people are, they either drop out because they have to go some where or they lost the feeling to do the tower. If you want to be able to get through the tower without teammates that drop out, get a few trustworthy friends that really want to do the tower and the best you and your team can do is get to the 8th floor ( Nefarious 5) and win that battle. So don't go with complete strangers that will drop out early in the tower and make up lies to get out of the tower.

Hardy Portia Zest- - level 67